The Official 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread (1 Viewer)

onur91

HSC
N/A
The standout player for Germany was Mesut Ozil by far.
Australia played so badly, the final score should have been about 7-0.
Get your shit together Australia :angry:

q3thefish

HSC
that guy was so beast

tore apart back line as if there was noone there

onur91

HSC
N/A
I know, he rarely made mistakes, and whenever he got the ball, he seemed to make impossible passes and through balls.

Scorch

HSC
They totally and utterly wasted Cahill as a lone striker.

Furthermore, is it just me, or do people have the feeling we need to repalce some of the old legs in the back, they didn't seem to measure up to the pace of the Germans..........
I agree. Moore played shit, Chipperfield had a decent game, Wilkshere got into good areas as he has been doing but his supply was shit and Neil made a couple of mistakes playing some German forwards on side.

But Moore definitely played awfully.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Australia suck cock. They should stick to rugby league, cricket, union. They are just an embarrassment.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
btw is Mesut Oezil actually even German. He looks Turkish.........

Also @ekoolish, Australia are actually fairly decent but have been playing below stndard recently. Perhaps imo due to a lack of effective strategy and some awkward decisions on Verbeek's behalf.

Scorch

HSC
Also @ekoolish, Australia are actually fairly decent but have been playing below stndard recently. Perhaps imo due to a lack of effective strategy and some awkward decisions on Verbeek's behalf.
We have the talent to be a middle-standard team, competing for the 2nd place in world cup groups, but our strategy has been woeful.

kounato

HSC
btw is Mesut Oezil actually even German. He looks Turkish.........

lol thats exactly what I thought this morning from his name...after some consultation with wikipedia...yes he is of turkish descent

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
Can some soccer nut tell me if even if we had better tactics/formation from a managerial point of view we could've done better?

mat2154

HSC
the defense looked absolutely shambolic, esp moore, you could clearly tell that he's a 34yr old who hasn't played club football for 4 months, absolutely off the pace. but to be honest none of them played well
also starting without a recognised striker was strange to say the least, definitely backfired

my team for ghana:

----------------schwarzer------------
Wilkshire--Neill--Beauchamp---Carney
---------------Culina----------------------
Emerton--------Kewell---------Bresciano
-----------------Kennedy----------------

mirakon

nigga
HSC
probably yes, remember in 2006 wc, Brazil, a technically superior team to Germany only beat us like 2-0 in the qualifying stages. We've beaten world-class teams like Uruguay and Japan, so although Germany is arguably better than them, at least we could have looked competitive, rather than just a bunch of amateur pushovers.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
German coach was right, "Australia can be expected to offer anything but a great spectacle''.

newmz89

Beer
HSC
Can some soccer nut tell me if even if we had better tactics/formation from a managerial point of view we could've done better?
We shouldn't have played the offside trap, plus our midfield namely grella is aging and past his time now. Plus our attacking ranks this WC are dismal, in Germany we had Viduka, Kewell, Aloisi, Cahill, Kennedy. Garcia is not good enough at this level.

shaon0

HSC
Absolutely horrible game by Australia. I think I could've played in Moore's position vs Germany. And, wtf at Cahill playing lone striker. He's meant to be playing off in a pair not vs 3 ~world class defenders.

To the ppl who say we need a "new" back line. We don't have any depth in the squad to fill the boots of the aging players. Plus, Verbeek's a shit head, idk how he became coach. He absolutely shits me, keeps making excuses before and after the game. If only Hiddink hadn't quit. After the WC, Aus should look for a really good international coach and throw money at them in the hope of signing them.

johony

HSC
It was so poorly organised that it really was more of a 4-6-0 at times. Pim embarrassed us out there last night.
towards the end of the first half it seemed like that garcia was playing further up forward, supporting cahill. although i just read this, don't recall them having two up front for sure. i thought garcia did really well with pushing forward though.

interesting thing i've also read, that ukraine lost their first game at WC 2006 to spain by 4-0 as well, and they made it into the quarter finals. maybe some hope there, although we don't have the same amount of quality and probably won't win 4-0 next game.

Scorch

HSC
towards the end of the first half it seemed like that garcia was playing further up forward, supporting cahill. although i just read this, don't recall them having two up front for sure. i thought garcia did really well with pushing forward though.
Yeah but Garcia is nowhere near good enough to find the back of the net in that situation.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Guys forget about the shockerwhos and get fired up for NETHERLANDS vs. Denmark tonight :cool:

FIFA.com - Netherlands-Denmark - The matches of 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

Not for the first time at a major tournament, the Netherlands go into the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ among the favourites, though the Oranje have to kick off their Group E campaign against a tough-looking Denmark side on 14 June. Having so often boasted a world-class squad, only to fail to fulfil their potential due to internal squabbles or over-confidence, will the Dutch contingent get it right this time?

The match
Netherlands-Denmark, Group E, Johannesburg, Monday 14 June, 13:30 (local time)

The Netherlands may have the edge on Denmark in terms of big-name performers, but the two sides’ head-to-head record makes for interesting reading. The pair boast two wins apiece from five competitive matches, the Dutch scoring ten goals to the Danes’ nine, while each tasted success in the 1988 and 1992 editions of the UEFA European Championship respectively.

The teams also share a lengthy list of injury concerns, with Danish Dynamite boss Morten Olsen, himself has laid low by flu for several days, having to do without key striker Nicklas Bendtner (groin strain) and facing doubts over keeper Thomas Sorensen (elbow) and defenders Simon Kjaer (knee) and Patrick Mtiliga (thigh). His Dutch opposite number Bert van Marwijk will be unable to call on Bayern winger Arjen Robben, who has a hamstring injury, although he does have a top-class replacement available in Real Madrid midfielder Rafael van der Vaart.

On top of his walking wounded, Danish coach Olsen will also be concerned about 1-0 warm-up defeats by Australia and host nation South Africa on June 1 and June 4 respectively, though the Danes did sink Senegal 2-0 on May 27. The Dutch, for their part, have not been beaten since a September 2008 friendly reverse against the Socceroos, though should hold few surprises for their opponents. Indeed, five Denmark players ply their trade in the Netherlands’ Eredivisie and another four share a dressing room with Dutch players at their Premier League clubs.

Players to watch
Daniel Agger v Robin van Persie

The two players experienced mixed fortunes in English football this campaign, with Daniel Agger a solid presence for Liverpool despite the Reds ending a disappointing season down in seventh spot. Meanwhile, Van Persie’s lengthy injury absence was undoubtedly a key factor in Arsenal’s inability to finish higher than third.

It was the Gunners who won the clubs’ head-to-head meetings in 2009/10, 2-1 at Anfield and 1-0 at the Emirates Stadium, though Van Persie missed both of those games. More relevant, therefore, is the fact that the quicksilver Dutch striker scored the last time the two players faced off, in a 1-1 draw in December 2008.

The stat
19 – Van Marwijk’s side come into South Africa 2010 on the back of a record unbeaten run of 19 games, beating their previous mark of 17 set between 2001 and 2003.

What they said
“We have a special kind of arrogance that is one of our strengths. But we shouldn’t let it go too far, otherwise it can become a handicap and we become careless. And when arrogance leads you try to humiliate the opposition, they’ll definitely kick back against it. Right from day one I’ve been trying to get that through to the players,” Bert van Marwijk, Netherlands coach.

“I don’t regard the Netherlands as among the World Cup favourites. They often start off strongly and then suddenly lose a crucial game and crash out. That can always happen when they play a well-organised side, which this time could be Denmark. They are missing their most in-form player, Arjen Robben, and they’re not as strong at the back (as they are going forward),” Dennis Rommedahl, Denmark winger.

Voice of the fans
“The Elftal will finally win the World Cup I have been longing for since 1978, when at the age of 14 I was mesmerised by the Dutch and their dazzling football. Since then every tournament in which the Oranje played has been an emotional rollercoaster of beautiful football and fatal arrogance. But this time it will be different. Come on the Netherlands and win the cup!” FIFA.com User oranjepiet.

The question
Can the outsiders rediscover the spirit of Danish Dynamite and bring the Netherlands’ lengthy unbeaten run to an end? Or will Rommedahl’s dismissal of the Dutch’s chances come back to haunt him?

efhat

HSC

Gotta split that honour with thomas muller, he was fantastic also

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)