The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Master Yoda said:
i just wanna hear punter's reason 4 bowling out lewis, only thing i can think of is he had a gut feeling that went horribly wrong
Lewis obviously has a photo of Ponting porking someones wife.

If i were in the aussie camp, i'd volunteer suicide watch for mighty mick.

otay

HSC
Who cares. It was basically just a Twenty20 match (albeit longer). Doesn't mean shit. I mean two teams scoring over 400 means both batted equally well and both bowled equally shit on a backyard cricket field made of carpet. South Africa won fine, they didn't play better. Aussies batted just as well and bowled just as shitty as the Saffers. Don' think you can read too much into it. All we can say is both teams are on fire with the bat and with the ball it's gonna come down to warney, macgill and for the saffers its gonna be pollock n Nel. Every1 else (lee and ntini) are like Melbourne's weather, hot one day, shitcold the next. Ponting equals shit captain but a hell of a fucking batsman, I mean shit he's fucking class. Good innings by Gibbs who I like and that smirky faced faggot cunt Smith. Also good work Hussey, what a sickcunt he is. Great entertainment though and some great catches (gilchrists dismissal and pontings too which woulda gone for 6 - game of inches)

otay

HSC
Don't bring back Bevan, strongest batting line-up ever possibly in one dayers. And Hussey is doing what Bevo did just better. I say bring back bichel, that dude can bowl. Where's Adam Dale when you need him to bowl his 10 overs straight and go for 18?? I say they take Lewis on safari n leave him there.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
How beautiful it is to be South African on this day.

I am not one, but oh it feels great when you support South Africa as your number one.

Beautiful. I went to sleep laughing. I woke up, turned the news on and laughed even harder.

"Chokers". Smith will always get the last laugh, because he is one freak of a cricketer, and maybe one day the greatest ever (save Bradman). If South Africa had any chance of winning, Gibbs had to hit out, as he is the only batsman who can get a prolific score quickly in their side. Oh if only Pollock was playing. At least he finished up with the best batting and bowling averages in the series, and playerof the series. What a fuckin champ. Smithy, Gibbsy, Polly. Legends.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Bookie said:
"Chokers". Smith will always get the last laugh, because he is one freak of a cricketer, and maybe one day the greatest ever (save Bradman).
premature ejaculation.

do14

HSC
the reason ponting bowled lewis, was to show the selectors how shit he was so they would drop him duh. clearly ponting dsnt like him and made him suffer embarrasment.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Ive calmed down now a wee bit after last night. I wont criticise Bookie's mastabatory dribble just then because he's still in a state of delerium. But at least now i can take some positives out of the game:

1) ODI's have been revived, perhaps due to the success of Twenty20
2) It will be sweeter when Australia win the test series
3) Mick Lewis will never play for Australia again.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Bookie said:
Smith will always get the last laugh, because he is one freak of a cricketer, and maybe one day the greatest ever (save Bradman).
ROFL

Wallyhead

HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
What The Fuck!?!?!?

I was reading on the train that we got that mamoth score, and came to uni to start hassling those talkative South African players ..... and this happens! Bring back Bevan anyone? :rofl:
Yeah, bring back Bevan. Its obvious that we need to score more runs. Moron.

I would like to think that a club c grade side could defend 430 against just about anyone. Clearly we are stuggling without Warne (yes, i know he hasnt played ODI for a while) and Mcgrath. The guys in the team clearly are not up to the standard of international cricket. Stuart Clark and Mick Lewis should make way for guys like Kasper and Bichel, or perhaps give someone else a run. Adam Griffith?

Oh, and it was only one ODI, its not the end of the world.

choccie monster

HSC
Bookie said:
How beautiful it is to be South African on this day.

I am not one, but oh it feels great when you support South Africa as your number one.

Beautiful. I went to sleep laughing. I woke up, turned the news on and laughed even harder.

"Chokers". Smith will always get the last laugh, because he is one freak of a cricketer, and maybe one day the greatest ever (save Bradman). If South Africa had any chance of winning, Gibbs had to hit out, as he is the only batsman who can get a prolific score quickly in their side. Oh if only Pollock was playing. At least he finished up with the best batting and bowling averages in the series, and playerof the series. What a fuckin champ. Smithy, Gibbsy, Polly. Legends.
funny you should say all of that. have you seen the test score? south africa, currently 6/110, Prince and Hall batting.

frankly, i support south africa against australia (basically bcos i hate the aussie team's immense ego, especially ponting, the retard), but really... im quite disgusted. im not even bothering to watch the score anymore.. i check up every half hour and just get more angry at crappy play by the SAfricans. not good. at all. :headbang:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
choccie monster said:
funny you should say all of that. have you seen the test score? south africa, currently 6/110, Prince and Hall batting.

frankly, i support south africa against australia (basically bcos i hate the aussie team's immense ego, especially ponting, the retard), but really... im quite disgusted. im not even bothering to watch the score anymore.. i check up every half hour and just get more angry at crappy play by the SAfricans. not good. at all. :headbang:
watch ausralia bat...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Mmm, I'm wary of the pitch - if SA are doing this poorly, the Aussie batsmen might have similar bad fortunes, especially if Nel bowls well (it's just lucky that Pollock's out)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Stuart Clark gets a 5 wicket innings on debut, well done

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
woot
go clark 5/55 on debut

i cant believe clarke is 12th man...he should be playing...his good...marty should be 12th man...wat had this world come to

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Australia 1/63 in its first dig.

Ponting 20*, Hayden 22*, Langer 16

Nel 8-4-14-1

If Australia can get through the first session wicketless or only losing one wicket, they will be in a very strong position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)