The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
niall045 said:
Hectic said it... must be right. I wanna see more of the quincy whatever whatever dutch guy. Suckd in to everyone else, arsenals got the best young players in the world.

Plus, Arsenal aren't cunts, while everyone else is.

Quincy and Bentley will do what Fabregas, Senderos,Clichy and Flamini did last season. We'll be better this season by a mile.

Benny_ said:
For the Community Shield, I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict Arsenal will scrape a win that will be something similar to their win over United in the FA cup last season. It'll be the only trophy in a fruitless season though, as Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea share the remainder of the domestic honours.
Even without Vieira they couldn't beat us last season.

As for Liverpool and dometic honours? Bahaha. Your pansies couldnt take the kicks domestically last season, let em learn that before they come near the Arsenal.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
slip said:
chelsea will beat arsenal in the charity shield, i mean who have arsenal played so far? chelsea have had two decent games with ac milan and after they play arsenal i think will get away to a flyer in the premier league. I think arsenal will have a slow start, thou I do think that liverpool and man utd will hit the ground running.
We've beaten Porto and Ajax in equally meaningless friendlies as you have played.

slip

HSC
ac milan > porto + ajax

oh and im sorry liverpool, but dont go over excited yet, you are playing teams that arent much chop at all (compared to epl standards). but it will give you the confidence for a good start to the epl, but you will fall away and end with what you deserve - an trophiless season

matt#1

HSC
N/A
niall045 said:
Hectic said it... must be right. I wanna see more of the quincy whatever whatever dutch guy. Suckd in to everyone else, arsenals got the best young players in the world.
bahahaha...Arsenal have the best young players in the world? Have you not heard of Rooney and Ronaldo. :rolleyes:

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Football Thread, how appropriate :p
I just missed out in 2 months of free foxtel, i saw the ad in the recycling basket, im so annoyed, 2 months of free epl gone ...

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I will watch the Community Shield wit great interest, just to see what level Chelsea iz at and how much worse off Arsenal iz witout Vieira.

If Wenger iz only relyin on just Hleb and the young'nz, even the most optimistic Arse fanz will be a bit concerned.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Hleb, Flamini, Fabregas and co. will fire this season, just watch ...
i think Van Persie will also have a stellar season

niall045

HSC
rooneys good, but a wanker. ronaldo licks penis while doin his shitty stepovers. fabregas has TALENT, owusu-abeyie has TALENT. ronaldo just borrowed someone elses name.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Actually slip, I don't think any Pool fans are getting very excited at all. We're not expecting to win the Premiership, or defend the CL. But what we will do is make up some ground on the leaders.

By 'domestic honours' I was referring to the Carling Cup or the FA cup. Aside from that embarrassing fiasco in the FA cup last season, I'd say we were pretty successful in the knockout competitions, wouldn't you? Champions League>>>>> FA cup+Carling Cup

HeCtic said:
As for Liverpool and dometic honours? Bahaha. Your pansies couldnt take the kicks domestically last season, let em learn that before they come near the Arsenal.
Maybe not, but at least we beat you ;)

niall045 said:
ronaldo licks penis while doin his shitty stepovers
No one's that talented.

Last edited:

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Ronaldo i think will be awesome this season, this will be his best season ... and thus have included him for the time being in my dream team along with lampard, which left me broke ...

HSC
As far as the Arsenal-young talent is concerned, I think Van Persie and Fabregas will be an excellent pair of players, they showed serious promise in the back end of last season. But at the moment, I don't think they can compare with the exceptional talent plus the experience of Terry and Lampard. Also, Rooney and Ronaldo are both shining talents for Man U, and have actually fired for them. (Being English, I can't wait to see Rooney hopefully rip a couple of scorchers out in the World Cup next year, just like against Aresnal a couple of year ago. God that was good!)

If the young guns at Aresnal can fire, then they will have a better season than I expect them to (a fourth place finish and nothing spectacular in any of the cups) I also think lacking someone as vital as an experienced captain in the centre of the midfield is something that will hold their development back. Personally, although Henry is a freak when it comes to scoring goals, I don't think he is captain material. I'd prefer to see a midfielder or defender take the role, for example Pires or Ljungberg. Plus, I think Wenger will be dissapointed in not signing a reliable goalkeeper, Man U have obviously taken steps after their fiasco last season with Howard and Carrol in Van Der Sar (which I think will be the demise of Fulham).

As for Liverpool, I really think they have bought well in the off season (Though Crouch was a tad out of the blue, seeing as he isn't Spanish). I don't think they will have any trouble up front, even if Baros leaves. Cisse and Morrientes will do fine, especially with Gerrard on song popping them in from anywhere. I think Liverpool are the only team that can match Chelsea on paper, and they showed it in practice in the Champions league semi last season.

Anyway, my opinion(s) over, as a neutral premiership fan (My team, Sheffield United, are still in the Championship.) I'm looking forward to a top season, hopefully a closer one up top than last year.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Sheffield Utd fan, nice to see.
Do they still have Hao Haidong az player-coach...?

HSC
Haha, nope. Neil Warnock is our coach. We were going strong until mid last season when we dropped away. Still manage to thump Leeds (local derby) 4-0 at Elland Road though. That was a sweet victory I can tell you that. Almost made up for not even making the play offs.

Haidong is still in the squad though.

T

timbk2

Dear Tim,

Obviously it is still early in my role as Australia's National Coach for this year's FIFA World Cup campaign, but one thing I know from previous experience is how important the support of you, the supporters of Australian Football and the Team, will be in achieving our goals this year. On behalf of FFA , thanks for taking the time to formally join the Football Family by registering at www.myfootball.com.au

Because we do recognise how important your support will be, we want to start sharing some important details with you first - before you read about it in the newspapers. My first chance to really work with the Australian squad will be an intensive training and planning camp that is taking place in The Netherlands later this month. I am really looking forward to the chance to work closely with the players - and to see how several players that are new to this squad shape up. I'm particularly pleased that you will get the first look at the squad below, which will be released to the public later today.

Thanks again for your support and make sure you get your tickets to support us when we play the Solomon Islands at Aussie Stadium on Saturday 3 September.

Best Wishes

Guus Hiddink

Head Coach

Qantas Socceroos

QANTAS SOCCEROOS POWERADE SERIES TRAINING SQUAD - NETHERLANDS CAMP, AUGUST 2005

John Aloisi (Alaves, Spain), Marco Bresciano (Parma, Italy), Tim Cahill (Everton, England), Scott Chipperfield (FC Basel, Switzerland), Jason Culina (Twente Enschede, The Netherlands), Ahmad Elrich (Fulham, England), Brett Emerton (Blackburn Rovers, England), Vince Grella (Parma, Italy), Joel Griffiths (Neuchatel Xamax, Switzerland), Zeljko Kalac (Perugia, Italy), Harry Kewell (Liverpool, England), Steve Laybutt (KAA Gent, Belgium), Stan Lazaridis (Birmingham City, England), Jon McKain (Politechnica AEK Timisoara, Romania), Ljubo Milicevic (FC Thun, Switzerland), Craig Moore (Newcastle United, England), Lucas Neill (Blackburn Rovers, England), Jade North (Newcastle United Jets, Australia), Saso Petrovski (Sydney FC, Australia), Tony Popovic (Crystal Palace, England), Mark Schwarzer (Middlesbrough, England), Josip Skoko (Genclerbirligi, Turkey), Archie Thompson (Melbourne Victory, Australia), Michael Thwaite (National Bucuresti, Romania), Tony Vidmar (NAC Breda, The Netherlands), Mark Viduka (Middlesbrough, England), Luke Wilkshire (Bristol City, England)*

* Another goal keeper to be added.

T

timbk2

$22.50 Student tickets (category B) for Australia vs. Soloman Island qualifer on Sep 3. mite go along to that game

matt#1

HSC
N/A
niall045 said:
rooneys good, but a wanker. ronaldo licks penis while doin his shitty stepovers. fabregas has TALENT, owusu-abeyie has TALENT. ronaldo just borrowed someone elses name.
Everyone keeps talking about Van Persie's 'talent'...but althopugh i'm aware of his potential...i'm still yet to be really convinced. Ronaldo and Rooney are the ones who have TALENT. Did you watch Euro 2004 or last year's FA Cup Final by any chance? Rooney and Ronaldo did alot more than lick penis in those games :rolleyes: :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)