The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Yup Football, i just copied and pasted the title from before.

Anyway, I dont see why Man City or Newcastle dont bid for Baros. Despite the fact that Livo would be reluctant to offload him to a rival, they are the two teams most in need for a striker. Man City has Robbie Flopper, Andy Cole and Bradley Wright Phillips and NEwcastle have Shearer, Ameobi and Chopra, hardly a striker force threatening europe. Also, it seems the contract talks with Cahill and Everton have stalled? I hope to see him in a Man Utd shirt taking over Roy Keane when he retires.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Despite the sale of SWP, Man City is still heavily in debt. Cahill still has 3 years on his contract with Everton, so I don't think he'll be going anywhere just yet. Newcastle.. I don't know about Newcastle. I heard Souness wanted Owen a little while back, but those rumours seem to have subsided. Certainly Baros would be a good option for them.

Good news is, Crouch is injured. Maybe Rafa will change his mind and stick with Baros instead of offloading him to one of our rivals.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Benny_ said:
Good news is, Crouch is injured. Maybe Rafa will change his mind and stick with Baros instead of offloading him to one of our rivals.
Unlykly, Crouch & Cisse is Rafa's preferred partnership atm. Plus he still wants to offload Baros so he can raise some funds to buy a defender and right winger...

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
By all reports Moro was utter shite again last night. Crouch and Cisse supposedly linked up well before Crouch went off. I have a feeling we're going to need to hold on to Baros, or buy a new striker or we're going to struggle up front again this year. I don't think we need to sell Baros to raise funds. More likely Rafa is holding out on splashing the last of his cash until we're into the CL proper.

borkis04

You have been blocked.
Arse of the World, Syd being the arsehole :D
HSC
yeh im a proud Liverpudlian and well im in doubt too about the mighty reds strike force...i mean Gerrard can cettianly put a few crackers away...but can he put 20... :| oh well yeh i reckon if Cisse is in form for most of the season he could scrape a 20 if hes lucky...depends also if Morientes can adapt 4 this season and find sum pommy form! he'll make his mark at least in europe, thats for sure! :D

1st - Chelsea...cant see anybody beating that Russian oil tycoon
2nd Man Utd/Liverpool....if liverpool can pull off a major major upset :D
3rd - The Arse
4th goes to Tottenham i reckon...man if their newly bought team can gel then they will b awesome i reckon!
and im goin 2 a few A-League games....prob the Sydney FC vs the Roar bcoz sum of my old teammates are playing for the Roar

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
By all reports Moro was utter shite again last night. Crouch and Cisse supposedly linked up well before Crouch went off. I have a feeling we're going to need to hold on to Baros, or buy a new striker or we're going to struggle up front again this year.
who needs strikers when you have a midfielder like Gerrard who keeps finding the back of the net? But, yeah...I agree that 'Pool might struggle up front again this season if you sell off Baros and some of the others get injured. Especially considering that young striker Anthony Le Talllec has just been sent out on loan.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Yeah i'm surprised we let Le Tallec go out on loan, esp since Rafa isnt too keen on playing Baros. The more forwards we have the better, there was a time last season when Milan was our only recognised striker, the others were all crocked. Also Le Tallec played pretty well in the friendlies, setting up quite a few goals...

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
its better for le tellac, he isnt getting younger and i think he'll get alot more room to shine at sunderland. Also, Kewell can be bench warmer when he is fit :D

HSC
Community Shield on Saturday, Chelsea 4-0 Arsenal? I really don't rate the Gunners this year, I think they will struggle to keep pace with Man U and Liverpool. Chelsea are in a league of their own. Should be Man U vs Chelsea though, no way Aresnal deserved the FA Cup after such a negative, passive performance.

Anyone think Arsenal have a chance at the weekend?

Oh and Chelsea drew with AC Milan 1-1, Drogba got the goal I think. Looks like another good season for AC, they've bought well and might even manage to finish things off in the Champions League this time. But 1-1, what a typical Italian performance.

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I think the Gunners central midfield has a point to prove still. Vieria is a huge loss both defensively and offensively, though more defensively. Like Hleb is said to be decent and we've seen glimpses of fabregas and flamini ... but they'll struggle against the lampards, gerrards and keanes.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
im not a gunners fan or anything but i reckon fabregas is already a better passer of the ball than lampard, gerrard or keane. keane is starting to get old too, and fergie hasnt really thought very far into the future.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
^Well in blackfriday!!

Arsenal will coast it this year. Hleb will run rings around all you cunts.

niall045

HSC
Hectic said it... must be right. I wanna see more of the quincy whatever whatever dutch guy. Suckd in to everyone else, arsenals got the best young players in the world.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
copious said:
ts better for le tellac, he isnt getting younger and i think he'll get alot more room to shine at sunderland. Also, Kewell can be bench warmer when he is fit
Le Tallec is 20. Pretty young if you ask me, but I guess he isn't getting younger if you wanna get technical :p

On Milan.. frankly I'm not too sure of their defense anymore. Sure, their entire back 4 have credentials that are nothing short of dazzling, but they're all (Nesta excepted) 32+. That's a formula for disaster if you ask me. With a strike force of Schevchenko, Tomasson, Inzaghi, Gilardino, Vieri, and Kaka to support them, they boast on paper an attack to rival even Barcelona, Madrid or Chelsea's.. but it will be their hallowed defense that will let them down. They should've kept Colocinni instead of shipping him off to Deportivo, because I doubt if Maldini will be anything more than a bit-part player this year.

For the Community Shield, I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict Arsenal will scrape a win that will be something similar to their win over United in the FA cup last season. It'll be the only trophy in a fruitless season though, as Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea share the remainder of the domestic honours.

For the Champions League, the front runners are no doubt Chelsea, Barcelona, Milan, Juventus and Madrid (depending on if Woodgate somehow comes good). I have a feeling the rest of us will be also rans unless miracles happen for the 3rd time in 4 years.

slip

HSC
chelsea will beat arsenal in the charity shield, i mean who have arsenal played so far? chelsea have had two decent games with ac milan and after they play arsenal i think will get away to a flyer in the premier league. I think arsenal will have a slow start, thou I do think that liverpool and man utd will hit the ground running.

barca to win spain
ac milan in italy
psv in holland
rangers in scotland
anyone but lyon in france (at least not with gerard in charge)
newcastle in australia (after sydney choke in the finals :) nah realistically you have to say sydney

champs league to chelsea
fa cup to chelsea
worthington (or wateva you like to call it these days) cup to chelsea

sucks to be english and not a chelsea person

PS - I GOT AN EMAIL FROM GUUS HIDDINK

T

timbk2

i predict cahill will move on to another club next (english) summer... prolly manutd.. assuming he puts on another good season for everton. Even though he has 3 years left on his contract.. he'll prolly be bought for about 10mil i reckon

on baros. i think he is more of an asset than a liability.. im ok with him leaving as long as benitez plans to replace him with someone... rather than mellor/pongolle take the 4th striking spot.

Cisse's volley in this mornings CL game was pretty nice. nfi how he managed to get the accuracy and power on that ball from the side of his foot in mid-air

T

timbk2

slip said:
chelsea will beat arsenal in the charity shield, i mean who have arsenal played so far? chelsea have had two decent games with ac milan and after they play arsenal i think will get away to a flyer in the premier league. I think arsenal will have a slow start, thou I do think that liverpool and man utd will hit the ground running.

barca to win spain
ac milan in italy
psv in holland
rangers in scotland
anyone but lyon in france (at least not with gerard in charge)
newcastle in australia (after sydney choke in the finals :) nah realistically you have to say sydney

champs league to chelsea
fa cup to chelsea
worthington (or wateva you like to call it these days) cup to chelsea

sucks to be english and not a chelsea person

PS - I GOT AN EMAIL FROM GUUS HIDDINK
lol. i got an email from HIDDINK too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)