• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

- L1n -

HSC
Benny_ said:
You'd rate Hector Cuper ahead of Guus Hiddink? Or any of those others for that matter? You're one crazy guy :p And For the record, Real paid a king's ransom for Beckham. Remember that with that money they spent on him, they could've had Ronnie.

the coaches list wa sin no particular order, and no to tell u the truth beckham was sold for cheap, as a soccer player compare to ronnie he dosen't bring much but plus the advertising, modelling, commercial, sporting rights all those make him more valuable, hence why he owns a staggering 75 million per yr. Now ur telling me ronnie sells more jerseys and have more fans, yes soccer wise yes, but if we consider the overall picture becks sales. Like Ali G said every boy wants to be in beckhams boots and every man wants to be in his misses. lol

- L1n -

HSC
nedzelic said:
well keane seemed to be an ideal eventual replacement. but no way now
he won't be sacked for starters, but when he does go, isn't carlos quiros shoe in???? is that not the whole reason he's there

looking back at the carlos queroz sacking, he did a pretty good job, real just need a reality check, they think they r chelsea or something, they might have a better hostory but player wise, they cna't compare to chelsea who has billions, they cna't expect another jose at the Bernabeua (spelling?) . I mean they sacked Del Bosque and he was doing a marvellous job, they onl;y got themselves to blame.

^___^
HSC
erk

you don't want Cuper to be in charge

he is too defensive minded, look at what he did to Inter, players like Rooney, park ji sung and ronaldo will suffer cos they wont be allowed to attack as much, and scholes might not be asked to do any attacking at all

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
To be honest, I think if Ferguson goes, Keane's the best choice by a long way to take over. His already established rapport with the United players and his familiarity with Fergie's exceptional man managing will give the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo the continued guidance they'll need to grow.

nedzelic

HSC
but would you really put someone with no experience in charge of one of the biggest clubcs in the world. it is very rare that players go straight into management at a top flight club (coleman probably exception). just for some recent examples of new coaches.: the likes of tony adams, an absolute legend at highbury, has coached in 3rd divison and is currently a youth coach at feynoord i think. david moyes coached preston north end first, um bryan robson had a lower league club, then moved onto boro. um.... well that's a few anyway. does keane even have his uefa b badge yet???
having said that, you can feel that shearer is going to take over n'stle once souness is sacked whenever that may be (i wekk or 2 years).

i just don't think keane, who left in such ignominious circustances will get the job and i don't think he would be a good choice

plus i'm pretty sure fergie will never be sacked anyway. after all that he's won it takes some major undoing, not just a few blimps and a couple years w/o the leauge

- L1n -

HSC
... said:
erk

you don't want Cuper to be in charge

he is too defensive minded, look at what he did to Inter, players like Rooney, park ji sung and ronaldo will suffer cos they wont be allowed to attack as much, and scholes might not be asked to do any attacking at all

What did he do to inter, what so coming runners up twice is bad??? and u cna't say he under achieved becos inter hasn't won serie A in yrs, not even when fatnaldo was there did they win a Serie A Crown, so to me cuper did a good job, and his a proven coach, won spanish league with valencia, champions league runners up twice and seria A runner sup twice, thats a great achievement, If u consider that bad then sorry totally diagree with u. And theys nothing wrong with being a defensive minded coach. Attacking is not always the bets way to victory, defence can turn into offence with 1 good pass.

^___^
HSC
lovely!!!

did i say Cuper was a bad coach?
No

did i bad mouth defensive football?
No

what i was purely stating, was the fact Cuper is not suited for Manchester United, what he did to Inter, yeah he did great, but what happened to the second season in charged? they were on Juventus's tail for most of the season. Third season in charged, he was sack cos he couldn't repeat his feat as previous season. he had poor relations with a lot of Inter players, not just Ronaldo, but then, that didn't stop him from buying Argentine players and he lost respect among Inter's bazilian players.

Manchester United's players, are used to attacking football, as to most English players. To get them to do what Cuper wants, is basically not feasible. You want Rooney and van nisterooy to be alone up front? while players like ronaldo, scholes and park ji sung are back in the defensive mid and not do any supporting work?

- L1n -

HSC
... said:
lovely!!!

did i say Cuper was a bad coach?
No

did i bad mouth defensive football?
No

what i was purely stating, was the fact Cuper is not suited for Manchester United, what he did to Inter, yeah he did great, but what happened to the second season in charged? they were on Juventus's tail for most of the season. Third season in charged, he was sack cos he couldn't repeat his feat as previous season. he had poor relations with a lot of Inter players, not just Ronaldo, but then, that didn't stop him from buying Argentine players and he lost respect among Inter's bazilian players.

Manchester United's players, are used to attacking football, as to most English players. To get them to do what Cuper wants, is basically not feasible. You want Rooney and van nisterooy to be alone up front? while players like ronaldo, scholes and park ji sung are back in the defensive mid and not do any supporting work?

Van nistelrooy can solo anyday, technically u did solo when fergie use to play scholes behind him. And i considered what u mentioned adjustment, we don't no if it's feasible. If u can turn midfielders into strikers or strikers into defender, i don't see how this is any different. Adjustment and time.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Essien apologises, apparently.

van Persie has won the Barclays Player of the Month Award for November,
scoring three times in the Premiership during November, with goals in the wins against Sunderland, Wigan and Blackburn; and also in the Carling Cup win over Reading and netted two against Sparta Prague in the Champions League.

Zenden is likely to miss the rest of the season after learning he must undergo surgery on a cruciate ligament injury in the US.

Reina is 90 minutes away from equalling Liverpool's all-time record of consecutive clean sheets. Another shut-out will equal the record of 10 league and FA Cup matches set back in the 1987-88 season by Bruce Grobbelaar and mates, managed by Kenny Dalglish.

Btw, Kewell is top-notch v. M'boro at the moment. Hopefully he can play into Rafa's good books, or maybe join former boss O'Leary at Villa. Either way, whatever gets him going. :cool:

nedzelic

HSC
hoooray!
joey skoko's playing against chelsea!
and how well did H play - Dukes ok and schwarzer was solid

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
7th win on the trot for the Reds, 10th consecutive clean sheat :D Liverpool probably has the best defence in the PL now, or at least one that comes very close to challenging Chelsea's.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Paragon said:
Reina is 90 minutes away from equalling Liverpool's all-time record of consecutive clean sheets. Another shut-out will equal the record of 10 league and FA Cup matches set back in the 1987-88 season by Bruce Grobbelaar and mates, managed by Kenny Dalglish.
Well Reina and co. hav equalled the record...hopefully they can make it 11 clean sheets against Sydney or Saprissa :cool:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
If it's not against Sydney, it'd mean Sydney was defeated by Saprissa, so yeah, hopefully against Sydney. I don't think any Pool fans here would hesitate for a moment to pledge their allegiance to the Reds over Sydney at this stage.

nedzelic

HSC
Benny_ said:
If it's not against Sydney, it'd mean Sydney was defeated by Saprissa, so yeah, hopefully against Sydney. I don't think any Pool fans here would hesitate for a moment to pledge their allegiance to the Reds over Sydney at this stage.
that's a little sad

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Why would it be a little sad? Sydney FC in its current incarnation has existed for less than a season. Fans of Pool have supported them for years, if not all their life.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
If Sydney manages to play Pool Id go for sydeny, but I can understand Pool supporters would rather go for the Reds. How embarrassing would it be for the giant of a team you support to lose to a world minnow?

Last night I witnessed the most exciting game of the season and yes, that was a biased comment. Celtic and Hibernian was brilliant, and proved once and for all the Edinburgh teams are going to keep excelling this season, despite Hibs losing. Tonight may be the last chance Alex has to keep his reign at Rangers, coz if they lose to Killie they will be five points behind them and 20 behind the mighty Hoops. I can geniuinely say that the SPL is producing more interesting results than the EPL this season.

nedzelic

HSC
hey, where did you see the game???????
i've been dying for spl since espn culled it
were you listening to it on the net or could you watch it??

big eck will survive - murray backed him w/o so much as giving him the dreaded vote of confidence

by the way you can thank rangers when celtic win the league this year and don't have to piss about in the ecl qualifying round

nedzelic

HSC
Benny_ said:
Why would it be a little sad? Sydney FC in its current incarnation has existed for less than a season. Fans of Pool have supported them for years, if not all their life.
still, i'd hope maybe there wold be soem people who would be happy either mway (syd or liv win)
i know if my eu club played sydney i would certianly be either way - n i don't even support sydney!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)