• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddimz

HSC
well when zidane voted for drogba, and beckham put him third behind Ronaldo and someone else, you can tell the players know what they are talking about. Sometimes it hink the players dont watch any games and only play the sport.

nedzelic

HSC
Diddimz said:
well when zidane voted for drogba, and beckham put him third behind Ronaldo and someone else, you can tell the players know what they are talking about. Sometimes it hink the players dont watch any games and only play the sport.
well that's just it, isn't it. i bet there are lot of players out there who don't actually watch it much. i know bosnich for example never really had a passion for the game and was miore after glamour. some players play it for the money, and to get out of the slums and whtnot. if you think about it, there is no way the players could watch as many games as i could - or any other supporter. for starters, they don't have tvo in england ;). but seriously, they play when all the other games are on; they would rely on replays on during the day (when they're at one of their 3 sessions). for most footballers, their free time is cherished, one would imagine and most of them would not sit at hoem on the cocuch and watch all the replays or the games they'd taped???
basically footballers form their opinions from the media and from when they actually get a chance to play against the player. come to think of it, i imagine it is just like local leagues that you or i pay in. you talk about players, from other teams - some have reputations. i bet it's just like that

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Komit said:
Barca have Henry AND Lampard in their sights. Good luck with that.
Lampard iz mo of a dream but Henry certainly lookz possible. Just wait til Arse getz knocked out of Europe and Henry will be on hiz way outta there.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Oh, and check this out for a story:

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has revealed the UK's strict work permit laws prevented him from bringing Ronaldinho to the club five years ago.

Wenger was in talks with Ronaldinho's brother and agent Roberto Assiss about signing him from Brazilian club Gremio at the age of 20.

But the move collapsed because he could not obtain a work permit as he was a non-EU player who had not played enough international matches.

Paris St Germain snapped him up a year later and he has now won the World Player of the Year award twice as a Barcelona player.

Wenger said: "It's a rule I don't like and it's why I think we should have a quota system instead.

"Basically, the rule forces you to wait to buy the player - but by then you cannot afford him any more."

Ouch.

And Spanish tabloids have worked out how Barca will fund Thierry's signature- the sale of Deco. Oh, I cant wait for the meat market to open...

Diddimz

HSC
nedzelic said:
come to think of it, i imagine it is just like local leagues that you or i pay in. you talk about players, from other teams - some have reputations. i bet it's just like that
I cant say i know what thats like entirely, the club i play for is more then an hour from my home, so i dont know any players in my league except for my team, but i understand what you mean none the less.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
And Spanish tabloids have worked out how Barca will fund Thierry's signature- the sale of Deco. Oh, I cant wait for the meat market to open...
Maybe we can snatch Deco fo a bargain...? LoL

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Who's seen that Ronaldinho Brazilian Ping Pong thing? Looks awesome, but it's fake.

Jimmy_B

HSC
wild prediction here; arsenal will finish fourth this season, make the quarters of the champions league and win the league cup.

still won't stop henry from pissing off but! :)

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Jimmy_B said:
wild prediction here; arsenal will finish fourth this season, make the quarters of the champions league and win the league cup.

still won't stop henry from pissing off but! :)
Yes, after your surpreme win against Doncaster Rovers....

Jimmy_B

HSC
RyddeckerSMP said:
Yes, after your surpreme win against Doncaster Rovers....
:eek: someone's confusing me for someone else.

@Diddimz: we don't talk about that anymore.....

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Sorry, your prediction seemed to be a very good one for an Arsenal supporter, my apologies.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Hectic's the Arse supporter, not Jimmy. Im sure Jimmy would look good in that, er, purple strip :D Where do you want Spurs to finish?

Anyone bought the Australian FourFourTwo mag yet? I just bought the January issue, and it was well worth the $8 i forked out. A great read on Messi, Ronnie, Gerrard, the foreign A-League players, Kazu, a great read on the PAO-Olympiakos rivalry which almost makes the Old Firm look soft (almost!), and heaps more shit I havent read. Seeing as I was a passenger in a car trip for three hours today and still have plenty of reading yet (currently about the failed Hearts campaign of 86 :p), its a great looking mag.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Hectic's the Arse supporter, not Jimmy. Im sure Jimmy would look good in that, er, purple strip :D Where do you want Spurs to finish?

Anyone bought the Australian FourFourTwo mag yet? I just bought the January issue, and it was well worth the $8 i forked out. A great read on Messi, Ronnie, Gerrard, the foreign A-League players, Kazu, a great read on the PAO-Olympiakos rivalry which almost makes the Old Firm look soft (almost!), and heaps more shit I havent read. Seeing as I was a passenger in a car trip for three hours today and still have plenty of reading yet (currently about the failed Hearts campaign of 86 :p), its a great looking mag.
yes...:cool:

sif the PAO-Olympiakos rivalry doesnt make the old firm look soft (and gettin AEK athen in too...oooh, bloodshed)

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
The old firm rivalry can get nasty tho, id say its the most violent in Britain. None of that reaches Australian shores tho, thankgod. I remember seeing huge clashes between both sets of fans, and at the worst of it many non-ultra fans refused to wear team colours in case they got mixed up. Some have told me before, never wear blue or green to a derby. O' course, things are less stressed now. But those crazy Greeks know how to hold a grudge better than all.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
The old firm rivalry can get nasty tho, id say its the most violent in Britain. None of that reaches Australian shores tho, thankgod. I remember seeing huge clashes between both sets of fans, and at the worst of it many non-ultra fans refused to wear team colours in case they got mixed up. Some have told me before, never wear blue or green to a derby. O' course, things are less stressed now. But those crazy Greeks know how to hold a grudge better than all.
did you read last issue?

that was a good read...or the one before even (think that talked about the hoons who were going to england to cause trouble)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)