• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Jimmy_B said:
wild prediction here; arsenal will finish fourth this season, make the quarters of the champions league and win the league cup.

still won't stop henry from pissing off but! :)
Arsenal makin the quarterz ahead of Real...? I believe the experience of the all whitez will make a big diff in the result, even though they are goin shithouse currently.

Sif the Arse can win the Carling Cup when we're still in there.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I think the Arse will trash Real. The one reason for that is that their one remaining inspiration- Ronaldo, has become the laziest tub of lard north of the equator. Anyone see the game against Racing Santander? God he was awful, even though he scored.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
braad said:
did you read last issue?

that was a good read...or the one before even (think that talked about the hoons who were going to england to cause trouble)
Nup, but I want a subscription for Christmas now. Better than Soccer International for sure, and the Aussie flavour makes it more enjoyable than the English version.

Oh, and Im tippin Arse to go thro over Madrid, but no way Id bet on it.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Nup, but I want a subscription for Christmas now. Better than Soccer International for sure, and the Aussie flavour makes it more enjoyable than the English version.

Oh, and Im tippin Arse to go thro over Madrid, but no way Id bet on it.
i know hey, im just lucky i saw the first issue and got hooked then :eek:

ditto for arse over RM

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I don't get it, whatz so good about the Arse atm. 3 consecutive league defeatz, just scraped through the Carlin Cup quarterz against a third division side, it ain't much better than Real Madrid. I still reckon Arse will choke again in Europe.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
LMF^^ said:
I don't get it, whatz so good about the Arse atm. 3 consecutive league defeatz, just scraped through the Carlin Cup quarterz against a third division side, it ain't much better than Real Madrid. I still reckon Arse will choke again in Europe.
RM are the worst out of the two :/

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Gers sign Kris Boyd for 500K. I know the club I support may well be a perpetrator of this come January, but its a shame when a small club like Killie get a player with a wee bit of talent, the Old Firm snavell them up for a pittance. Boyd may be shite when he puts on the blue, which would be a terrible shame. For those who are SPL illiterate, hes the reason that Killie are doing well, and is the current top goalscorer in the league. While both Old Firm clubs are linked to other players in Scotland, it is one of the reasons the league has been left to a two horse race since the 80's. Gordie apparently wants Riordian and a few others from Hibs, which would seriously put Hibs chances for second or UEFA cup back. While I want to see the best Celtic team possible, its kinda sad that it might come to the detriment of Hibs and others. Perhaps what I want to see more is competition in the league (and Gers several spots behind us :p). I spose it happens in every league, there are plenty of examples in the EPL.

Shit, look at that for a rant. If you read it, congrats.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Henryz European scorin record ain't that great, while Raul alwayz seemz to perform there. I'm still backin Real to beat the Goonz, surely they must pick up sooner or lata.

Oh and fogot to mention Parkz first goal fo United, good strike. And Sahaz second waz all class.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
... said:
yeah

arsenal have henry to rescue them

but madrid have ronaldo and zidane to save their sorry ass...and cygan
real-lol, i hope v.P will shine, and i grow increasingly worried about Henry's time at Arsenal ... I just hope Wenger's January signings will be enough for him to extend his stay ...
Merry Christams and Happy New Year everyone

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Henryz European scorin record ain't that great, while Raul alwayz seemz to perform there. I'm still backin Real to beat the Goonz, surely they must pick up sooner or lata.

Oh and fogot to mention Parkz first goal fo United, good strike. And Sahaz second waz all class.
isnt Raul out with ligament damage (or something similar) in his knee?

anyway

... said:
arsenal have henry to rescue them

but madrid have ronaldo and zidane to save their sorry ass...and cygan
nice comment :p

lol

merry christmas everyone, have a great new year (though i'll be back in time for that) :):)

have a good one!!

bring on Boxing day :D

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Raul is out for the season with some very serious injury, yes. Henry's record has been poor purely because Arsenal's record has been poor. With a a better run I'm sure Henry would finish up one of the leading goal scorers.

Anyway Merry Xmas everyone. :) See you in a few days.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I thought Raul would only be out fo 3 monthz, oh well.

Anyway merry Xmaz and happy new yr everybody.

^___^
HSC
merry x'mas doesn't really go well in my books, since i work in a supermarket..so you can expect a fair share of molestation from old grannies asking about pavaloa and cranberry sauce

but either way, merry x'mas, happy new yr, and for the record.. happy easter for 2006

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
... said:
merry x'mas doesn't really go well in my books, since i work in a supermarket..so you can expect a fair share of molestation from old grannies asking about pavaloa and cranberry sauce

but either way, merry x'mas, happy new yr, and for the record.. happy easter for 2006
yeahhhhh...grannies?

haha...drunks are worse :eek:

work @ a pub until 3am christmas day :(

so in good news, got this book about football. Although it's mainly about English and Scottish, but for me, thats fine :p

oh, and a new ball...bout time :D i give it 5 months before it's detroyed

^___^
HSC
braad said:
oh, and a new ball...bout time :D i give it 5 months before it's detroyed

nice

i'm planning to buy:
- the lime green barcelona away polo (i think it is mission impossible to buy it here)
- the FFA endorsed football t-shirt (or polo)... by that i don't mean those el cheapo "Go Kangaroos" yellow shirt you find in haymarket

anyone suggest me where i can get my hands on them? Rebel?

^___^
HSC
hahaha

watching brainiac atm

they tried to do this experiment where ppl listen to tapes full of information whilst asleep..to see if they actually do absorb the material

they played the history of football to this chic and after she wakes up, they will ask her a series of questions

and the last questions they asked her was

"Chelsea signed 2 argentinan players this yr, one was Veron, the other a girly haired striker, who?"

she answered, "Alan Shearer"

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
... said:
nice

i'm planning to buy:
- the lime green barcelona away polo (i think it is mission impossible to buy it here)
- the FFA endorsed football t-shirt (or polo)... by that i don't mean those el cheapo "Go Kangaroos" yellow shirt you find in haymarket

anyone suggest me where i can get my hands on them? Rebel?
i bought my cousin barcelona thingy (amongst other non-team stuff)...pity, he's now going to support the spanish giants and not an english club

I've ruined his life :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)