• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy_B

HSC
Benny_ said:
You've gotta admit the Gunners have had some pretty tough luck with injuries this season. Imagine Chelsea with no Terry, Gallas, Essien, Makelele and Drogba for extended periods. They'd drop plenty more points for certain
can't really argue with that. chelsea also seem to have found a way to buy magical deflected last minute goals, or lucky penalty calls or not having players sent off when they souldve been. apart from the cl semi theyve had a good season and a half of it.

it's got too run out sooner or later, but it's too late to stop them from winning the premiership this season.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Essien got injured in the game against West Ham, don't know how long he'll be out though. Prob fakin it so he won't have to go to the African Nationz Cup, those cunning bastardz.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Benny_ said:
Seeing as how we're playing you guys in a couple of weeks you mean? You're right though, Liverpool do have a pretty tough run coming up, starting tonight away to Bolton..
:) first points off Liverpool to end their run, god we're awesome. Diouf scoring against his old club no less

nedzelic

HSC
RyddeckerSMP said:
Obviously Smitty is a better dm than gerard..... There's no point having a Gerard/Lampard battle...... Smitty is quite obviously so much better than the pair of them :)
yeah he is a better defensive midfielder han lampard/gerrad, purely b/c they are both very attcking. but i would still say that when england play with one holding midfielder (as both lampard and gerrard have played as) they are both still better at that position than smith. for me, england should have parker or hargreaves in there

nedzelic

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Smith? lol.

Hey, LMF, didnt you mention that you had a soft spot for Heerenveen? Are you Dutch? Itd be great if this thread had some other European leagues talked about a bit more. I wish fox would lift their act and show more football, perhaps instead of having a channel that shows unimportant AFL matches from seven seasons ago 24/7. Id love to watch more german and dutch football.
dutch is on espn man

nedzelic

HSC
i'll be behind the gooners for sure - 100% i hope they wip man poonited

i must say, when i saw essien go down this morning i, and i'm sure every other football supporter was gravely concerned for is welfare. i'm sure we all hoped and prayed that this top class player had indeed both broken his ankle and torn his ankle ligaments. and it's times like these that you have to think of the player's family, and our prayers and thoughts are with the essiens, and we can only hope that the ambulance crashd on the way to hospital and he was either horribily maimed, or died on impact - preferably the former so he knows what it fels like to be hit by one of his challenges

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Far out another 3-pointer for Villa. It took until December, but great to see them finally hitting some momentum.

Cahill was again the match-winner for the Toffees; while on the other hand, Viduka is probably a contender for miss-of-the-season with his effort against Newcastle; Schwarzer didn't look convincing.

Interesting to see Joe Cole missing from action against the Hammers following Mourinho's criticism of him 'playing for the crowd, not for the team'. And Geremi was a real wuss throwing his arms/elbows at players' faces.

Portsmouth are apparently on the verge of a Russian takeover, one which could see Redknapp pull strings on a neat 100m kitty. And, rumour has it Cassano could well be the next Galactico, joining Cicinho in the January transfer window. Evra's tipped to be heading to MU or Inter.

Last edited:

johnny_87

HSC
Paragon - Joe "Jammy" Cole was suspended for 5 yellows throughout the season.

Marseille and French international winger Ribery could well come to Utd too. Apparently, he has a very low buy-out clause (about 1.5-2m pounds) and Marseille are worried the 21 year old (I think?) will soon develop into one of the world's best wingers. If Utd sign him for such a low price, it would be an awesome buy.

I still want to see Zokora and Ballack come to us though.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Keane still injured...? When will he make hiz Celtic debut...?
Nah, not injured, he wasnt registered in time to play at tynecastle. He plays his first match against Clyde in the cup. Im pretty sure Keano wont have played in front of only 4000 for a while.

LMF^^ said:
I'm Chinese, and yeah I do love Heerenveen also. If Man Utd didn't exist that would be the club that I support.
Thought so, I just struggle to see the connection between you and a mid table Dutch club. Oh, and seeing as we are in the "getting to know you" mood, I am half Scottish, a quarter Irish, and the rest is mainly English except my great great grandfather was Chinese. Hehe, my great great grandmother was from a rich English family, but got the shits with them and apparently said that the first man she saw on her twenty first birthday she would marry. So she ran away with this Chinese guy and they both set up a store in Crookwell. So Ive got quite the background.

Shit, another interesting night of football. So far this season, Ive written off Liverpool, and then they hit a run, my own bhoys, and now they have the league by the balls, and just when I write off Villa they hit a run. Ive also talked up West Ham, then they hit a rut, as with Bolton, Everton (who would still be fucked if it werent for Timmy) and Charlton. Does anyone have any requests????

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
bazookajoe said:
first points off Liverpool to end their run, god we're awesome. Diouf scoring against his old club no less
Awesome at kicking players off the field and diving left, right and centre, yeah :p

It was a result I pretty much expected from the outset. We've played something like 5 games in the past 2 weeks and a scrap against a physical team like Bolton at the end of it was always going to be tough. Thank god it's January, I don't think Hyypia has it in him to handle too many more games before he falls over and never gets back up again. Luton will give us a chance to rest a few players next week and we'll have everyone fresh and ready to go against Spurs the week after. No worries.

nedzelic

HSC
johnny_87 said:
Apparently, he has a very low buy-out clause (about 1.5-2m pounds) .

i must that's the first i've heard of that. the marsielle president had promised that he would have to be bought for a massive, massive inflated price - or rather he was not for sale at all, as they did not want to see him go the same way as drogba went. but i am sure if he was available for that little, wenger would already have him at highbury. he is meant to be, and from the little i have seen, absolute class and we should probably see him at the world cup in some capacity. he has a nickname in turksih (formerly of fernabache/gala) called 'scarface' as he was in a car accident when he was a lad; apparently.

he did well in the u21 world cup qaulifier, helping ko england

anyway, if any club got him for anywhere within 10 million of that buy apparent clause, then it would be an absolute steal i would have thought

nedzelic

HSC
Benny_ said:
. Luton will give us a chance to rest a few players next week and we'll have everyone fresh and ready to go against Spurs the week after. No worries.
is that at kenilworth road or anfield? although luton haven't been in the bst form of late, don't ever write anyone off. they were 2nd in div 1 for the fisrt 10 games of this season; they are no push overs and it is precisely this arrogant talk that they will love, and if liverpool start resting players, they will be in for a rude shock.

johnny_87

HSC
Perhaps, this was just what I read (forget where though). But I doubt Utd would look at spending say 10m pounds on another winger when they need a central mid, so either his buy-out clause isn't too high, or they won't buy him.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
nedzelic said:
is that at kenilworth road or anfield? although luton haven't been in the bst form of late, don't ever write anyone off. they were 2nd in div 1 for the fisrt 10 games of this season; they are no push overs and it is precisely this arrogant talk that they will love, and if liverpool start resting players, they will be in for a rude shock.
lol, pool would be silly not to rest players against Luton, i would hardly call that arrogance. But the fact is, playing players like whitebread and potter cost them last season, so itll be interesting to see what lineup rafa puts up.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Jimmy_B said:
I still hate Dennis Bergkamp for some reason though.....
I really didn't think that was possible :(

Go the gunners !!
Yes, I agree we have very thin squad, I just hope we can steal 3 points from man utd and buy some quality players in the window, to atleast retain our place in Europe next season ...

Some names mentioned:
>Theo Walcott
>Zakora
>N De Jong
>Trabelsi
>Antonio Rio Mavuba
>Olivier Dacourt
>SWP
>Dabo
>Kujit
>Rosicky/Torres

Last edited:

johnny_87

HSC
Liverpool's problem is that beyond their first-team regulars, they are generally shit. None of their strikers are prolific goal-scorers and their bench/reserve defenders (such as Josemi and Traore) are shit (it's why Sevilla only offered 700,000 pounds for Josemi). They don't have great depth so can't afford many injuries, particularly to Gerrard. If they suffer from a few injuries, don't be surprised to see them drop more than the odd game (like last year in the premiership).

johnny_87

HSC
Rubix - If Man Utd want Zokora, we'll get him (assuming Chelski don't pay twice his market value just to prevent us obtaining a quality player).

For that reason, Chelski will not sell SWP for a reasonable price (and thus, Arsenal won't buy him).

Again, Chelski will outbid everyone to get Walcott if they want him/don't want other clubs getting him.

Jimmy_B

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Shit, another interesting night of football. So far this season, Ive written off Liverpool, and then they hit a run, my own bhoys, and now they have the league by the balls, and just when I write off Villa they hit a run. Ive also talked up West Ham, then they hit a rut, as with Bolton, Everton (who would still be fucked if it werent for Timmy) and Charlton. Does anyone have any requests????
please big it up for arsenal, manyoo and liverpool!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)