• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
cra-z said:
i wanna noe how many ppl noe who mite takeover wen fergie eventually retires
Answer: 0

I don't know when Fergie will retire, but it don't look like any time soon, so findin the successor will still have some time to go.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Gunners held away to Portsmouth. It's now impossible for them to overtake Liverpool, so unless if they win the CL, our place next year is booked. I still see them overhauling Spurs though, Tottenham have a pretty daunting run home.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Benny_ said:
Gunners held away to Portsmouth. It's now impossible for them to overtake Liverpool, so unless if they win the CL, our place next year is booked. I still see them overhauling Spurs though, Tottenham have a pretty daunting run home.
We either need one more win, or for Spurs to drop points to guarantee us a top 3 finish. :)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
The Portsmouth vs Birmingham relegation battle is almost as good as the one for 4th place

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
The Portsmouth vs Birmingham relegation battle is almost as good as the one for 4th place
Nah, 4th place ain't nothin compared to the relegation battle. I really hope Blackburn can sneak into 4th though, although that lookz unlikely.

Why do Middlesborough have to be in the FA Cup semi, now our home game against em are delayed, meaning we have a possible fixture pile up of 3 gamez in a week. That'll make our title push just a bit mo difficult. :(

And come on Bolton, kick some blue ass on Sat...!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Well no chance now. It must be complacency, oh well, lucky I didn't bet on the match, I would've lost all my money.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Chelsea 2- 0 Bolton. The title race is now all but over and Chelsea can now wrap up the premiership title with a win on Monday:burn: .

...oh, well..at least we managed to win 1 trophy this season (even if it was only the Carling Cup). Hopefully Fergie makes some more good signings over the break and we can carry on our recent good form into next season.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Chelsea need 4 pointz to win the title, and if we fail to beat Spurz on Mon then they're championz. What we need to do now iz to secure 2nd spot, we can't let Liverpool in wit a chance, even though we have 2 difficult tripz to London.

Ballack to the kuntz aren't the best possible way to start the new season, and Mahamadou Diarra would cost in the region of 24mil poundz. I really like to see what midfielderz Fergie will brin in in the summer. Perhapz we can snap up one of the Chelsea playerz wit the imminent arrival of Ballack.

Last edited:

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Chelsea need 4 pointz to win the title, and if we fail to beat Spurz on Mon then they're championz. What we need to do now iz to secure 2nd spot, we can't let Liverpool in wit a chance, even though we have 2 difficult tripz to London.

Ballack to the kuntz aren't the best possible way to start the new season, and Mahamadou Diarra would cost in the region of 24mil poundz. I really like to see what midfielderz Fergie will brin in in the summer. Perhapz we can snap up one of the Chelsea playerz wit the imminent arrival of Ballack.
Which one of the Chelski players would u like to see at ManYoo? Then again, do u realistically think they'd want to sell to one of their stars to such a rival?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
AcStyle* said:
Which one of the Chelski players would u like to see at ManYoo? Then again, do u realistically think they'd want to sell to one of their stars to such a rival?
No, I don't think that arrogant kunt will sell anyone to any other English club, even if the player wanted to.

Now we can have a look at the list of playerz likely or have a possibility of leavin in the off season.

Del Horno
Robert Huth
Geremi
Glen Johnson
Wayne Bridge
Joe Cole (highly unlikely)
Arjen Robben
Shaun Wright-Philips
Michael Essien
Hernan Crespo
Didier Drogba

Wow look at that, we can have a startin 11 out of that group of playerz.

Well I don't mind havin Essien comin, since we did want him befo and he lookz like that type of player that can contribute highly to our midfield, either in defence or attack, like Roy Keane, but he haven't shown anythin likely of matchin the great midfielder since movin to Chelsea. In fairness though you can't really compare anyone to what Keane waz to United. Decent player, but definitely not worth the price to pay fo.

Joe Cole though would be a useful addition, he can play centrally, like he did last night against Bolton, or on the left where he would be able to replace Giggs in the long term. However we already have an oversupply of left sided playerz, wit Park (the best signin of the season), Richardson and Evra, so he won't be the one we're lookin fo, but will still be a useful addition.

What I dream of now iz Riquelme becomin a Red Devil, he iz just simply brilliant. He iz instrumental in the success of Villareal in the past 2 seasonz. He will be certainly worthy of bein the replacement of Keane. If we're gon dish out 24mil fo Diarra, might az well spend that on Riquelme.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I can't see Robben, Cole, Essien or Del Horno leaving (even though Del Horno sucks). Mourinho's said they want three players in the off season, Ballack looks sure to be one, I'm sure one of the others will be a forward and the third will probably be a fullback. But then again, Mourinho's all talk so there will probably be more than three signings

- L1n -

HSC
LMF^^ said:
No, I don't think that arrogant kunt will sell anyone to any other English club, even if the player wanted to.

Now we can have a look at the list of playerz likely or have a possibility of leavin in the off season.

Del Horno
Robert Huth
Geremi
Glen Johnson
Wayne Bridge
Joe Cole (highly unlikely)
Arjen Robben
Shaun Wright-Philips
Michael Essien
Hernan Crespo
Didier Drogba

Wow look at that, we can have a startin 11 out of that group of playerz.

Well I don't mind havin Essien comin, since we did want him befo and he lookz like that type of player that can contribute highly to our midfield, either in defence or attack, like Roy Keane, but he haven't shown anythin likely of matchin the great midfielder since movin to Chelsea. In fairness though you can't really compare anyone to what Keane waz to United. Decent player, but definitely not worth the price to pay fo.

Joe Cole though would be a useful addition, he can play centrally, like he did last night against Bolton, or on the left where he would be able to replace Giggs in the long term. However we already have an oversupply of left sided playerz, wit Park (the best signin of the season), Richardson and Evra, so he won't be the one we're lookin fo, but will still be a useful addition.

What I dream of now iz Riquelme becomin a Red Devil, he iz just simply brilliant. He iz instrumental in the success of Villareal in the past 2 seasonz. He will be certainly worthy of bein the replacement of Keane. If we're gon dish out 24mil fo Diarra, might az well spend that on Riquelme.

Riquelme or Aimar i say, although Aimar is having a bad season, but IMO at their peaks Aimar > Riquelme, both r similar players with comparable play making skills, to which Man U would appreciate.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I think United would still be much better served buying Diarra for 25m than Riquelme. There's simply no guarantee that a player like Riquelme would succeed in the EPL (*cough* Veron *cough*), and you guys need an enforcer more than you need a playmaker.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Aimar is way better than Riquelme - but neither could be a replacement for a Keane.

Villareal are just your token CL finals surprise team. They won't do shit. Domestically, Valencia is 2nd whereas Villareal is 8th. Valencia is a far superior team overall.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Aimar iz still in hospital, don't know if he can even get to the World Cup.

Meanwhile Milan 0-1 Barcelona. Great goal by Giuly, but Gilardino really don't know how to score. Like the commentator said, had Inzaghi been available he would've at least taken one of em chancez, since he iz the tap-in king. Oh well, now I'll be cheerin on Villareal fo an all Spanish final. It would be borin, but at least itz better than seein Arsenal havin a shot. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)