The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy_B

HSC
riquelme is the type of player who needs the whole team to work for him. he wouldn't get that at manyoo and would probably struggle with the physicality of the premiership as well. diarra, bodmer etc would be way better signings for united.

gawd, it's such a big game on saturday, hope tacchinardi and senna break a few legs tommorow

- L1n -

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Aimar iz still in hospital, don't know if he can even get to the World Cup.

Meanwhile Milan 0-1 Barcelona. Great goal by Giuly, but Gilardino really don't know how to score. Like the commentator said, had Inzaghi been available he would've at least taken one of em chancez, since he iz the tap-in king. Oh well, now I'll be cheerin on Villareal fo an all Spanish final. It would be borin, but at least itz better than seein Arsenal havin a shot. :p

Yes had inzaghi played, but had AC signed Van Nistelroy, he would score for sure probably score from both chances, Ingazhi may be tap in King, but this guy is Tap in God.

Jimmy_B

HSC
hey lmf, you still want to sign riquelme? just gotta ask gilberto to let him out of his pocket first.

tachinardi suspended,reyes and cole coming back. what a fucken nightmare, this could be a cunt of a season....

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
You would expect Arsenal to be holdin the acez at home, but Villareal did well, even though they didn't create many clear chancez. The last 20min had em controllin the game, and thatz when I think they will definitely give Arse a run fo their money in the second leg. Gilberto didn't own Riquelme, in fact there were no standoutz from the game. Forlan waz kept quiet, Jose Mari waz a waste of space, Arsenal didn't have many standoutz either other than Henry, but thatz already an overstatement.

Yeah I won't mind havin Riquelme, if the price iz right. You guyz should concentrate on yo north derby, avoid defeat and you're almost there. Of courz you better hope Villareal can stop Arsenal from goin to the final too.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Having to beat Arsenal at Highbury is a huge task. Spurs are far from 'almost there'.

And LOL at Blackburn, beaten by the Brummies. Why oh why didn't I sell Gamst-Pederson earlier

Jimmy_B

HSC
LMF^^ said:
You would expect Arsenal to be holdin the acez at home, but Villareal did well, even though they didn't create many clear chancez. The last 20min had em controllin the game, and thatz when I think they will definitely give Arse a run fo their money in the second leg. Gilberto didn't own Riquelme, in fact there were no standoutz from the game. Forlan waz kept quiet, Jose Mari waz a waste of space, Arsenal didn't have many standoutz either other than Henry, but thatz already an overstatement.

Yeah I won't mind havin Riquelme, if the price iz right. You guyz should concentrate on yo north derby, avoid defeat and you're almost there. Of courz you better hope Villareal can stop Arsenal from goin to the final too.
sorry mate, but every time riquelme got anywhere near the ball, gilberto was on his arse straight away. if not him then ljungberg or hleb were around to knock him off. what an overrated player he is. no workrate and expects everyone to just give him the ball inspace. he would flop hard in the premiership.

but dont worry, we'll knock em off on saturday. we're due a derby win and wenger might rest some players too.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Barcelona are almost certainly in the CL Final already.

It will be interesting to watch Arsenal's approach to the second leg. After all, it's against their natural instincts to stick 10 men behind the ball, and leave Henry up on halfway for any counter-attack.

I wonder what Ronaldinho is thinking at the moment!

Primera Liga, Champions League, World Cup titles all in one year!

I wonder what the odds on that treble are .. probably low, considering the circumstances, lol.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
Having to beat Arsenal at Highbury is a huge task. Spurs are far from 'almost there'.

And LOL at Blackburn, beaten by the Brummies. Why oh why didn't I sell Gamst-Pederson earlier
Spurz don't need to beat em, a draw would be enough to keep the 4 point buffer. And wit only 2 gamez remainin after that I think it would be fair to say that they're almost there.

Arsenal play a very compact midfield, Riquelme didn't do anythin spectacular but managed to get out of it OK. Maybe he'll flop in Englandm but I'm still lookin forward to the next leg and seein him run the game in El Madrigal.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
barce has the liga in their pockets... champions league, they should get it as long as they dont choke, the toughest 1 for ronnie to get at this pt in time is prolly the world cup despite brazil being the clear cut favourites... you never know in major tournaments and no match has been kicked off yet, but the odds for the treble are probably short indeed. whos playing in the spanish cup?

interesting to hear that real consider gerrard and adriano to be their prime transfer targets... gerrard i get (asif liverpool will let him go tho) but adriano??? ...they just never learn...

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Should Adriano go the Real then that must be the end of Ronaldo. Maybe it'll be a swap wit Inter and he'll go back to hiz old ground again. And Espanyol won the Copa Del Rey, beat Zaragoza in the final.

The title race might still be on in Germany and Italy, might be interestin viewin. Come on Hamburgerz, you can do it.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Jimmy boy would be happy wit the result. Contentiouz goal by Spurz, but Arsenal reacted like bitchez. Wenger just walked off at the end witout even shakin handz, what a sook. They deserve what they get, how many timez have Henry taken quick free kickz when the opposin team iz still tryin to set up the wall. In termz of sportsmanship thatz just az bad. Go have a cry, and when they get knocked out of Europe on Tue they can cry harder.

walrusbear

HSC
shonky goal from tottenham

sadly looks like they'll take the euro spot afterall

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I don't know why Wenger constantly refuses to use Henry in the starting line up for big games. I know you'd wanna save him for Champion's League, but still, he's a lot fresher than most of the guy's out there.

And on a sad note, Alan Shearer has officially retired from football. His injury requires him to wear a knee brace for a few weeks, and will not be able to play Newcastle's remaining games.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Van Persie sucked again, 1 on 1 against Robinson wit heapz of space to work wit and still missed the target. Should've started wit Bergkamp and Adebayor, whom are both fresh. Henry waz pretty quiet, he just scored the goal, and went missin again.

Meanwhile reportz in Spain have suggested that Henry and Barca are already negotiatin a contract and it could be done befo the UCL final in Paris.

- L1n -

HSC
Barca with henry would be pretty unstoppable, Eto and Henry upfront it's almost as good as Van Nistelrooy and henry partnership lol. If Henry goes, Arsenal is totally screwed.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Chelsea 1- 2 Liverpool :D

We cant beat em in the league, but we can knock them out of cup semis! Luis Garcia's strike was brilliant...he seems to save his goals for the biggest occasions.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
LOL to Joe Cole! Eidur can rest easy now after he has been usurped :p

Luis Garcia should have had three, but Harry was the king. Mourinho has paid for his arrogance, why the hell Geremi started over Cole is beyond me. Harry fucked him over every time he had the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)