• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I should reserve myself until FT, in case of a repeat of Istanbul. But come on Hammerz...!!!

matt#1

HSC
N/A
johnny_87 said:
What a game so far! COME ON YOU HAMMERS!
All you guys are just watching the game from home too, eh? I was gonna go out, but i'm not feeling up to it. From a neutral perspective the game is an absolute cracker...already 3 goals and the game is so open. I think Liverpool will come back in the seong half through a wonder goal from Stevie G. I wouldn't bet against West Ham scoring again though either. They are certainly not just there to make up the numbers.

Jimmy_B

HSC
how the hell is hargreaves ahead of reo-coker in the england pecking order. this guy is class. top game so far. reina has been embaressing though, no-call's for the first goal and spills a dolly for the second.

johnny_87

HSC
LMF - Where did you get that gif of "The Wanker"? That is absolute quality!

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Told you guys that Stevie G would score a screamer! This is a very entertaining final! 2-2.

edit: What a goal from Konchesky! I don't think that he was going for goal...but a spectacular goal all the same. What a game!!! West Ham 3- 2 Liverpool.

Last edited:

Jimmy_B

HSC
one flew over reina's head. 3-2. awesome game so far. terrible keeping again.

johnny_87

HSC
And who on here was talking him up saying he was the best keeper of the season? HA!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Unbelievable, Gerrard, I gotta hand it to him. Anyone sense de ja vu...?

And thank you Johnny, a lot of ppl have complimented me about that particular sig. :D

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Edit: I've changed my mind. Now there's the spectacular goal from Gerrard that I have been talking about all evening. His first was good, his second was (as Jimmy B put it), probably the best goal of the season! Had Garcia not been suspended, i'm sure that Liverpool would have won the game 4-3. That bloke suddenly becomes world class when playing in important games...and more often than not also manages to score a screamer.

What can I say about the Liverpool captain though?!? Steven Gerrard is clearly something special. Perhaps not quite as talented as Ronaldinho for example, but I think that you would find it very difficult to find anyone else that contributes more to their team. His leadership qualities and ability to consistently come up with such quality strikes under pressure is amazing. I can't rate the guy highly enough and I can't rate this game highly enough. It is possibly more entertaining than the Milan- Liverpool Champions League Final- and that game was awesome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)