• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Drama packed day all around, the Scotish FA Cup final iz also in ET wit Gretna holdin Hearts at 1-1, what a story that would be if they are to go on and win it.

Drama also in Germany wit Championz League placez and relegation, oh what a feast of a day.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Gotta love the Liverpool cup final eh?

Last 3 Pool Cup finals

Carling Cup 2004/5 Liverpool 2-3 Chelsea
Champions League 2004/5 Liverpool 3-3 Milan
FA Cup 2005/6 Liverpool 3-3 West Ham

Then there's the UEFA cup from a few years back, the Supercup this year.. for entertainment value Liverpool in cup finals are second to none :D

matt#1

HSC
N/A
What a sav by Reina! Gee Liverpool are fortunate that Harewood didn't score though. To penalties it is. I really shouldn't have mentioned earlier that I don't want to see it go down to penalties.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
My hate level on Liverpool just gon up another level, oh well...

Poor Hammerz, I really feel fo you, and poor Pardew, so close yet so far...

Jimmy_B

HSC
pepe redeems himself. well played to him, and to both teams. haven't enjoyed a cup final like that for ages.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
The experience of Istanbul definitely pulled em through the shootout. Liverpool owed it all to one man, Gerrard. Almost a Maradona performance. Best game I've seen in a while, absolute thriller. How will I sleep tonight.

Hearts also beat Gretna on penaltiez, not a good day fo the underdogz.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Congratulations Liverpool 2006 FA Cup winners! Pepe Reina was brilliant in the penalty shoot-out despite having a woeful game up to that point. I really do feel for the West Ham players and supporters though. They should be proud of their team's performance in what was surely one of the best FA Cup finals of all time. They gave it absolutely everything and thoroughly exceeded everyone's expectations this season. You just can't stop a player like Steven Gerrard.

hachoo

HSC
Steven Gerrard - You Legend. Super Game, excellent outcome.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Congratulations to the Reds :D It wasn't pretty, but it was good fun wasn' t it?

One game too many for the lads though. 63 games in a season is a hell of a lot to handle. If we had managed to get a round further in the CL, we would've been humiliated by Barcelona.

On another note, Craig Foster is quite possibly the most idiotic pundit alive in football. He quite obviously hates Liverpool with a passion. Going on about Liverpool's lack of creativity in the second half. I wonder, could that have something to do with all of our creative players (except Gerrard, bless him) being off the field? Robbie Fowler cup tied, Luis Garcia suspended, Kewell injured, Alonso substituted. We're not the most creative team anyway, but it was certainly unjust criticism. He's so full of the same shit every week, amazing that he manages to get away with it.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Nah Craig Foster iz just obssessed wit the technical BS he goez on about everyday. Itz beginnin to annoy me too. Cissez goal waz technically brilliant. Yeah sure but thatz what you would expect from most modern day playerz right..? I don't think he referred to creativity in midfield but rather tactical creativity. It did seem strange when Benitez took Crouch off and put Hamann on and that left Gerrard up front along wit Morientes, which left the midfield wide open. He only went back to midfield after he struck the beauty, and momentz befo that he waz nowhere to be seen. Lookz like a gamble that paid off, so the force iz wit you Scouserz.

A lot of walkin wounded towardz the end. Harewood still should've got it on target even if he can only stand on 1 leg. Hope Harry pullz up alright, it don't look too good when he headed straight to the dressin room.

HSC
Well, in all fairness West Ham did have a huge liability going into the game. That liability is called "Shaka Hislop"!

And now it has emerged that Kewell may not make the WC? :confused:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Well there hasn't been any news of Kewell's injury yet. Fingers crossed it's not the same thigh injury that kept him injured all last year, because if it is.. well forget Kewell for this WC, and the next WC too, because he'll never return to the player he was at Leeds again.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
What a cracker of a game, I think my Hammers played well but we missed some opportunities to close the game. Gerrard was nuts, certainly world class and that will give him a huge lift for himself and England in the WC. Bit dissapointed we didnt win the Cup Final but I dont think Pardew would of expected we would get this far after we came back into the top flight last year!

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
west ham were sooooo close, unbelievable game, great entertainment, gerrards goal would have to be close for goal of the season, absolute cracker of a game, and reina came good saving 3/4 penalties ...

fatmuscle

HSC
insane game.

but every minute was good soccer.

Rubix - bring on the Champions League Final yeah!??!?!
GO ARSENAL

robbie1

HSC
as a fanatical Liverpool supporter, im over the moon

as for Gerrard, what can i say...i have never in my life seen such a great striker of the ball. i have his name and no. on the back of my jersey and wearing it now feels extra special

as for West Ham, unlucky but a great season

9th place and FA cup finalists....very good season after just being promoted

bow down to the King - Stevie G :)

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
phew, what a close and aweosme game. always thrilling for it to come down to penalties. it had me on the edge of my seat, but luckilly we won, good on west ham for putting up such a good fight.

i hope kewell is going to be ok for the world cup, it will be devastating if hes injured for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)