• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
well mellor and sinamon pulled them through last year, you'd think they'd get a bit more credit tho...and bergkamp dont play all the games in europe with hes fear of flying... dont think anything will change this year, arsenal will still struggle in europe, Hleb looks a decent prospect tho

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Constip8edSkunk said:
well mellor and sinamon pulled them through last year, you'd think they'd get a bit more credit tho...and bergkamp dont play all the games in europe with hes fear of flying... dont think anything will change this year, arsenal will still struggle in europe, Hleb looks a decent prospect tho
well...maybe Van Persie and Reyes can do what you said mellor and pongolle did last year. but hey...it's no skin off my nose if Arsenal struggle in Europe. In fact, I love to seeing them struggle. I was just suggesting that this year might be different for them.

lol @ your sig by the way.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
matt#1 said:
well...maybe Van Persie and Reyes can do what you said mellor and pongolle did last year. but hey...it's no skin off my nose if Arsenal struggle in Europe. In fact, I love to seeing them struggle. I was just suggesting that this year might be different for them.

lol @ your sig by the way.
no, arsenal should stay by their tradition of being almosts in europe, or good prospects. Doesnt matter, they'll have to play different now without viera so hopefully that takes up their time (changing styles)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Last year Liverpool won the league with something like a total of 4 or 5 goals in total from our strikers. Forwards are not Arsenal's problem I don't think. Actually I haven't a clue what is.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Reportz sayin Cicinho have flown to Manchester fo talkz wit United. Fuck that'll be good if we sign him, but still I would be much mo excited if we had signed a classy midfielder.

niall045

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Reportz sayin Cicinho have flown to Manchester fo talkz wit United. Fuck that'll be good if we sign him, but still I would be much mo excited if we had signed a classy midfielder.
not like a crude ugly player like park...

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
copious said:
I dont think the Gunners have the strike force to go all the way in Europe. All it takes is a knock to Henry and their attack is goneskis. Bergkamp is vintage, but surely his body can only take so much playing premiership and champions league football.
Pires and Ljungberg score around 15 goals each per season. If van Persie steps up to the plate this season goals will not be a problem with or without Henry.

Defensive lapses are what will cost us in Europe as teams are more clinical and can shut up shop if they get in front.

johnny_87

HSC
Look at the defence. Campbell and Cole granted are good, but Toure, Laurem, Clichy, etc just aren't up to standard. And how I love it :D

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
johnny_87 said:
Look at the defence. Campbell and Cole granted are good, but Toure, Laurem, Clichy, etc just aren't up to standard. And how I love it :D

Clichy looks better than Cole did at that age, Toure had a storming first season and struggled a bit last season, but should be better for the experience. Lauren is solid most of the time. If Gilberto plays we don't concede many, when he doesn't play then we tend to make stupid mistakes. We probably do need another experienced centre-back but maybe Wenger has faith in some of the younger players around?

I'm sure we'll do well this season with our backline.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
We probably do need another experienced centre-back but maybe Wenger has faith in some of the younger players around?
Aside from his woeful game against Chelsea on the weekend...Senderos looks to be a solid young prospect ....so I don't really think that you need to sign another centre-back.

What Wenger needs to sign is another 'keeper. Lehmann is competent...but not good enough for a team like Arsenal....and the less said about Almunia the better :) .

niall045 said:
Not a crude ugly player like Park
other than the ladies and the homosexuals...who really gives a shit what the players look like. They are there to play football.

Park Ji Sung is a quality player and in my opinion will be one of the buys of the season along with players such as Borgetti.

Last edited:

johnny_87

HSC
I just love Bolton. Look at the players they sign - Okocha (he scored possibly the European goal of the year in 93/94), Hierro, Campo, Candela and now Borgetti. They attract some big names (albeit in their twilight).

matt#1

HSC
N/A
johnny_87 said:
I just love Bolton. Look at the players they sign - Okocha (he scored possibly the European goal of the year in 93/94), Hierro, Campo, Candela and now Borgetti. They attract some big names (albeit in their twilight).
I think Borgetti will be a great signing for Bolton. He really impressed me at the Confederations Cup with Mexico...and I think that his heading prowess will suit Bolton's game and the English game in general.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
matt#1 said:
Aside from his woeful game against Chelsea on the weekend...Senderos looks to be a solid young prospect ....so I don't really think that you need to sign another centre-back.

What Wenger needs to sign is another 'keeper. Lehmann is competent...but not good enough for a team like Arsenal....and the less said about Almunia the better :) .

other than the ladies and the homosexuals...who really gives a shit what the players look like. They are there to play football.

Park Ji Sung is a quality player and in my opinion will be one of the buys of the season along with players such as Borgetti.
Senderos will be world-class. Amazing player who's obviously gonna make some mistakes as he learns. He know hows what mistakes he made against a physical player like Drogba so he'll be better equipeed to put him in his back pocket at the Bridge :) But with Campbell being injured so often we need another as cover IMO so we don't have to play Cygan.

Lehmann is alright and we're still trying to sign a keeper after Viera failed his first medical. Manuel is a bit of a worry though.

As for your reply to niall's comment. I believe he was being sarcastic about the ugliness and his comments before seem to suggest he rates Park. ie

niall045 said:
Park is a gun of a player. see him in the semis of the UCL? tearin up the "best" defence in the world. they had nothin on him. hate to say it but i think manu got the best transfer this season, and he was only roughly 2mil.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
niall045 said:
not like a crude ugly player like park...
Sarcasm eh...?
Az I waz told by a Korean friend of mine, Park can get a fuck wit any Korean chick. Maybe hiz ugliness haz somethin to do wit it. :rolleyes:

Hez definitely quality and I do rate him very highly (better than Fergie and hiz love fo Fletcher I hope), but how can you go pass a player like Ballack when talkin about classy midfielderz. Our wide midz are very strong, but itz the centre thatz lackin a bit of depth.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Sarcasm eh...?
Az I waz told by a Korean friend of mine, Park can get a fuck wit any Korean chick. Maybe hiz ugliness haz somethin to do wit it. :rolleyes:
So i guess he's had BoA and Hyori among others? ;)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
As for your reply to niall's comment. I believe he was being sarcastic about the ugliness and his comments before seem to suggest he rates Park.
oh, my mistake then :) ... you really need to work on your sarcasm niall045 :rolleyes: .

LMF^^ said:
Our wide midz are very strong, but itz the centre thatz lackin a bit of depth.
I think that Roy Keane's position is well-covered with players like Smith and Fortune (did you see the way Fortune played against Milan last season :). But yes...we definitely need another offensive midfielder. Maybe Ferguson will buy Jenas? That Cicinho guy sounds like a very good replacement for G. Neville at right back...but I don't think that his signing is a priority at the moment.

Also...19 year old Bastia defender Alexandre Song has joined Arsenal on a one-year loan deal. The deal also contains a £2.5 million transfer option. I don't know much about this guy...but he can also play in the midfield and must be pretty talented because he was also linked with Chelsea; Inter and Man Utd.

Last edited:

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i thought milan was getting cicinho to groom him as a replacement for cafu just like in the national team.. .but ill still be happy with him at old trafford.. would be a great buy
johnny_87 said:
nakata is on the way too it seems...

edit: newcastle wanting 20mil for jenas is ridiculous tho... maybe we need afew more in-club bust ups at newcastle

Last edited:

niall045

HSC
matt#1 said:
oh, my mistake then :) ... you really need to work on your sarcasm niall045 :rolleyes: .
How can you say somethin like that about park after seein him play, or believe it? And who can say crude with a straight face?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
niall045 said:
How can you say somethin like that about park after seein him play, or believe it? And who can say crude with a straight face?
Don't worry, I appreciated the subtle humour in your comment. Too bad it flew straight to the keeper for everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)