• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Hmm maybe that will convince the West ham products to actually stay. I've lost count to how many england internationals originated from West Ham. Watch this space, Mark Noble is next up in a few years.

Crazy Horse

HSC
matt#1 said:
oh, my mistake then :) ... you really need to work on your sarcasm niall045 :rolleyes: .
niall045 said:
How can you say somethin like that about park after seein him play, or believe it? And who can say crude with a straight face?
For Matt's sake - you might wanna stick [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] with some of your posts ;)

LMF^^ said:
By the way thingz are goin Park will definitely be one of the gunz fo uz thiz season.
Park is looking very good. How many of the A-league players are foreign? I hope the coaches are keeping their eyes out for the youngsters coming out of Asia and Africa. Many are very good and if we get them young – they'll be even more of a steal. I think the Australian lifestyle will appeal to many of them. Also - the whole 'exotic' and 'foreign' feel would be very appealing for many people watching the sport.

RUB!X said:
yeah, i live in plumpton, freaks are everywhere round these parts ...
:(..................Not all though. I'm pretty cool + normal :D :D :D

timbk2 said:
i saw the new Sydney FC jersey and NZ Knights jersey at rebel sports today... pretty good i reckon. i like the sydney away jersey more than the home one.. its white and light blue panels... $120bucks each.
I really like the NZ one. I'm planning to get a Sydney one - probably the away though. Is anyone planning to head to the away matches as well?

LMF^^ said:
Sarcasm eh...?
Az I waz told by a Korean friend of mine, Park can get a fuck wit any Korean chick. Maybe hiz ugliness haz somethin to do wit it. :rolleyes:
Sure way to woo a girl.

Park could get sex from many a female of any nationality. His got money and fame.
----

Benitez is apparently signing one or two more players. I'm currently sick and heading back to bed to rest but you can be sure I'll post my essay about the transfers when I'm feeling better.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Crazy Horse said:
For Matt's sake - you might wanna stick [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] with some of your posts ;)
I was one of about 4 or 5 people who didn't see the sarcasm in his post...so why do you act like I was the only one :rolleyes: . Is Crazyhorse a different person to alwayz_Diana? If not, your change in username has definitely brought out a change in your personality.

Any

Crazy Horse

HSC
matt#1 said:
I was one of about 4 or 5 people who didn't see the sarcasm in his post...so why do you act like I was the only one :rolleyes:

Any
I didnt realise it would cut/offend you so deeply. If I had I wouldnt have joked. I am sorry you took offence.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Crazy Horse said:
I didnt realise it would cut/offend you so deeply. If I had I wouldnt have joked. I am sorry you took offence.
I'm not cut by what you said. In fact, I knew that you were joking. After reading my last post again, however, ...I can see how you thought that I sounded like I was offended. In actual fact I was just pointing out that I was one of many that didn't understand the sarcasm.

As for the personality change bit...that was a stupid thing to write and i'm sorry. You just seem grumpier than usual...but that can probably just be put down to exam stress. Rafa blowing 7mill on Crouch probably wouldn't put you in the best mood either though:).

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
awww... GROUP HUG!!!! [/sarcasm] (for matt :p)

4 years contract extention for scholes... gee i dunno but i suspect he may not be that vital when hes in his mid 30s given his performances in recent history... and wasnt there a policy about only 1 yr extensions when giggs was negotiating?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Constip8edSkunk said:
lol!
Constip8edSkunk said:
4 years contract extention for scholes... gee i dunno but i suspect he may not be that vital when hes in his mid 30s given his performances in recent history... and wasnt there a policy about only 1 yr extensions when giggs was negotiating?
Yeah...I'm not really sure that the contract extension was such a wise move either. In fact, he is the player that I think we most desperately need a replacement for because his performances last season were pretty inconsistent. Ballack would be a perfect replacement. As for only allowing 1 year contract extensions to older players...that was a policy when Giggsy was negotiating his contract. Maybe Fergie had a change of heart. It was only last year that Fergie described Scholes at "...the best player in all the land..."

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Don't worry, I appreciated the subtle humour in your comment. Too bad it flew straight to the keeper for everyone else.
Ahem, it didn't go past me.

And the Mt Druitt area, didn't some 16 yr old boy get sexually assaulted by a group of ppl thiz week...? They made him do some awful thingz there, so you better watch out Diana. ;)

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
matt#1 said:
lol!

Yeah...I'm not really sure that the contract extension was such a wise move either. In fact, he is the player that I think we most desperately need a replacement for because his performances last season were pretty inconsistent. Ballack would be a perfect replacement. As for only allowing 1 year contract extensions to older players...that was a policy when Giggsy was negotiating his contract. Maybe Fergie had a change of heart. It was only last year that Fergie described Scholes at "...the best player in all the land..."
You see less and less players these days finishing their careers at one club, I think it read it's also a reward for his loyalty and service over the years. But in saying that, why didnt they do the same for Giggs, despite the fact that wingers see their pace decreasing at his age. Scholes will be useful me thinks, especially off the bench towards the twighlight of his career. But hey, if Maldini, Zola and Sheringham can do it Scholes can too :D

PS. Sheringham to bang in 15+ this season :D

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
matt#1 said:
I hope so...cause I've got him in my fantasy EPL team at the moment.
He'll take all our penalties, your guaranteed some goals there. btw does the season start tonight? And will SBS show any games at midnight anymore?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
copious said:
He'll take all our penalties, your guaranteed some goals there. btw does the season start tonight? And will SBS show any games at midnight anymore?
The season starts tonight...I can't wait. I'm not sure about SBS...but the Man U v Everton game is only showing highlights. Can anyone here find a link to watch the whole game on? Thanks.

edit: just checked. No games will be shown on SBS tonight.

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

HSC
matt#1 said:
As for the personality change bit...that was a stupid thing to write and i'm sorry. You just seem grumpier than usual...but that can probably just be put down to exam stress. Rafa blowing 7mill on Crouch probably wouldn't put you in the best mood either though:).
Thats ok.

Constip8edSkunk said:
If we could still rep - I would rep you. :D

LMF^^ said:
Ahem, it didn't go past me.

And the Mt Druitt area, didn't some 16 yr old boy get sexually assaulted by a group of ppl thiz week...? They made him do some awful thingz there, so you better watch out Diana. ;)
What? Jesus Christ - is the kid alright? Did they catch them?

----

I found the article:

Fourth charged over sex assault

13aug05
A FOURTH person has been charged over the alleged sexual assault of a 16-year-old boy in Sydney's west.

A police spokesman said detectives went to a Hythe Street unit in Mt Druitt about 8.30pm (AEST) yesterday, where an 18-year-old man was allegedly hiding on a third floor balcony.

"After an hour of negotiating with the man, he was arrested and taken to Mt Druitt police station," the spokesman said.

The man was charged with aggravated sexual assault in company, an aggravated act of indecency, detaining in company for advantage, malicious wounding and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

He was refused bail and will appear at the Parramatta Bail Court today.

Four people, including two teenage women and a 14-year-old boy, have now been charged in connection with the alleged assault of the youth in the Mt Druitt unit on August 3.

The boy was allegedly attacked with a knife, a fork and a pair of scissors, and sodomised with a rolling pin.

----

How are you supposed to fend off 4 people when one has a knife? How are you supposed to fend off 4 even if they don't have weapons??

Thats got me sick to my stomach. I hope they get life in prision.

Edit: I think I put Sheringham in my team as well. I can't really remember. I think I've lost interest already?!?! I just chose anyone really - intending to change it around before the final date but I guess it's too late now. Oh well.

Last edited:

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
"sodomised with a rolling pin".....how delightful.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Crazy Horse said:
Edit: I think I put Sheringham in my team as well. I can't really remember. I think I've lost interest already?!?! I just chose anyone really - intending to change it around before the final date but I guess it's too late now. Oh well.
It's not too late Diana...you have until tonight I think.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i wish sbs could at least get the highlights show back for both the epl and serie a....

maldini is like an all time great, and I dont think scholes can match his class, zola also seemed to play better as he aged while scholes effectiveness have been decreasing in the last 1 and half years. and i think being midfielders is more physically demanding than strikers, backs or goalies. i do agree having him come off the bench as he gets older seems a very good proposition.

another oldie, guardiola may join city...

edit:yeh you can still change your as many players as u want with no penalties, i just did anyways

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
The season starts tonight...I can't wait. I'm not sure about SBS...but the Man U v Everton game is only showing highlights. Can anyone here find a link to watch the whole game on? Thanks.
Itz on ESPN Star wit Eng/Mandarin commentary, if you wanna know mo PM me fo MSN or somethin, or you can go to the other forum and read about it.
2 programz you can use, Coolstream and PPLive.

www.coolstreaming.org
www.pplive.com

Numero Uno

HSC
Yeah coolstreaming is awesome
Hate the mandarin commentary though !

i think they'll be english streams tonight most defintley out there on the net tonight just gotta find em.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Numero Uno said:
Yeah coolstreaming is awesome
Hate the mandarin commentary though !

i think they'll be english streams tonight most defintley out there on the net tonight just gotta find em.
On ESPN Star you can swith audio channelz to Eng or Mandarin only
And Guangdong Sportz haz Cantonese commentary fo English matchez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)