The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
what971 said:
the Japanese midfield has better/more skillful players than Australia, your defence also sucks and Mark Viduka never scores.

You will lose. Japan will win because they have better players/team.
pfft...Mark Viduka rarely does score for his national team...but I bet that he could have helped the Aussies to score more than 1 goal if we played lowly Malta. As for South Korea...they got owned 3-1 by Ghana. Pathetic. I also hound your comment about Japan having better players interesting. Who are these players? Celtic's Nakamura and Bolton's Nakata are decent players, but neither of them are as good as a fit Harry Kewell. We also have several other quality players that play for decent European clubs, including Schwarzer, Neill, Cullina, Bresciano, Grella and Viduka.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Nakata, Nakamura, Ono, Santos, Inamoto, Fukunishi, Ogasawara, Pwned.

Whatever. June 12th. The football does the talking. I will come back to gloat.

johnny_87

HSC
what971 - pwnage? WTF

Australia have the better midfield IMHO. Although Japan have Nakata (not as good as he once was) and Nakamura, we have great depth in midfield. Cahill is the Roy Keane-type box-to-box player every team needs, Kewell is the inspirational winger/playmaker, Bresciano is dangerous at set pieces and is a good playmaker and goal-scorer, Grella is a solid holding player, Culina has devloped into a well-rounded versatile player who can play out wide, in the holding role, or attacking. Assuming we play 5, we still have Skoko on the bench. I think midfield is defintiely our strength and it could be the difference against Japan as long as the defence can deal with the pacy Japanese strikers.

My prediction: 2-0 Australia (maybe 1-0)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
what971 said:

since when does he play for Japan?

Furthermore, a draw is likely, a win is also likely for Australia, however, a win for Japan: very unlikely

matt#1

HSC
N/A
what971 said:

Ok, lets let the football do the talking. May the best team win. Don't come back here after Japan lose though...because I will be doing one hell of alot of gloating.:)

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Paragon, Sterjovski is better than any Aussie who can currently play in the position that Guus wants.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
Ok, lets let the football do the talking. May the best team win. Don't come back here after Japan lose though...because I will be doing one hell of alot of gloating.:)
k we shall see. :)

The only thing I'm worried about is Hiddink....

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lol, koreans are so stupid, they even mispelt it in the stadium: corea

johnny_87

HSC
Komit - If playing 4-2-3-1, I don't see how Cahill and Bresciano can't make runs off Viduka. Although not the quickest, Bresciano scored quite a few goals for Parma in the 2nd half of the season to help lift them from the relegation battle to midtable. He was playing in the hole behind the main striker. Cahill has also done that for Everton this season.

Then you have Kewell roaming around on the left as well. Sterjovski is the best at what he does, however his all-round skills are not there. How many times did he get into a good position only to miscontrol a simple ball or play a very poor pass?

johnny_87

HSC
Conveniently missed my comments on the Australian midfield what971? :p

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
um? k.

Sorry, I admit to knowing very very little about football, I only watch it during National team games, so can't comment on club football thingos.

Japan will still win though, cause we've got samurais, ninjas and bishies etc.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
what971 said:

Are you kiddin...? Nakata and Nakamura are decent, but hardly spectacular. Prob on the same level as our Cahill and Bresciano. Oh and Inamoto, such a good player too, can't even get a regular place at West Brom. The same can also be said fo Takahara and Yanagisawa.

Hm pwned...? Korea got pwned by Ghana, have a good time against France and Switzerland.

what971 said:
ROFLMAO!!!

Last edited:

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
K um.. CHINA.

You got served/pwned.

bai bai~

- L1n -

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Are you kiddin...? Nakata and Nakamura are decent, but hardly spectacular. Prob on the same level as our Cahill and Bresciano. Oh and Inamoto, such a good player too, can't even get a regular place at West Brom. The same can also be said fo Takahara and Yanagisawa.

Hm pwned...? Korea got pwned by Ghana, have a good time against France and Switzerland.

ROFLMAO!!!

Nakata on the same lvl as Cahill?? thats Fanboisim for ya, Nakata > Cahill , Nakata > Bresciano. Yes Nakamura is on same lvl as Bres and Cahill but Nakata definitely better than them.

- L1n -

HSC
what971 said:
um? k.

Dude stop trying to be funny by making stupid stereotypes, r u trying to imitate the Got Rice crew? Friggin lil Azn wanksta, don't make me Bruce Lee u mainland style.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Nakata and Cahill can't really be compared, as they're very different players. In his day Nakata was probably a higher calibre player, but right now Cahill's stock is much higher.

Nakamura's Japan's no.1 player now anyway

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
- L1n - said:
Dude stop trying to be funny by making stupid stereotypes, r u trying to imitate the Got Rice crew? Friggin lil Azn wanksta, don't make me Bruce Lee u mainland style.
Bruce Lee is my bishie. Don't be denying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)