The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny_87

HSC
Benny is definitely right about Cahill being better than Nakata in their present states. Nakata is not a regular starter for Bolton, whereas Cahill was one of Everton's best last season when they finished 4th, and was again one of their best this year even if he didn't score as often.

Jimmy_B

HSC
Benny_ said:
Since when did Koreans support Japan against Australia :confused:
it's cos they're both asians i think? you know the funny people with the little eyes? maybe thats why she doesnt like australia?

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Nah, I mean Koreans and Japanese have a history of emnity. I guess not so much this generation. Hey, LMF and I are Chinese and we're supporting Australia..

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
THAT'S BECAUSE CHINA ARE THE FAILURE AT FOOTBALL!! ROFL!!
Nah, I <3 China. Not the football team, they sux.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Us Chinese are the first to acknowledge the craptitude of our football. Give it time though ;)

@Jimmy- Our away kits look god awful

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Alright guys...how about we change the topic. Surely there is more to the world Cup than just the Australia v Japan match. In any case..both of these countries should be more worried about Brazil and Croatia in my opinion. We will see what happens on June 12.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
- L1n - said:
Nakata on the same lvl as Cahill?? thats Fanboisim for ya, Nakata > Cahill , Nakata > Bresciano. Yes Nakamura is on same lvl as Bres and Cahill but Nakata definitely better than them.
On current form, Nakata ain't any better.

At his peak, yes he was better. But not any mo.

Yeah China suck at football, got hammered against every team we played in Europe. Even if China did qualify I'll still have my support fo Australia.

@what971 - you a girl...? You sound like a 16 yr old Azn gangsta boy from 2002.

Last edited:

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
World Cup Fever, baby. It's making me aggressive and very patriotic. :)

I'm also worried about Switzerland they beat China 4-1 you know... ;)

But then again, we're next.....

Last edited:

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
*Breaks self-imposed exile for this*

like omg ninjaaaaaaaa

Last edited:

otay

HSC
what971 said:
or in the case of South Korea dodgy refereeing (yeah i said it biatch)

Go back to Italy, whinging fucker. You are the pwnaged. kthnxbai. Now fuck off, punk.

Seriously, how many of you dickheads are going to keep saying that. Losers.
Im not italian I'm australian and I'm here where we speak english you stupid 14 yr old slut. Any1 who even says "owned" let alone spell it "pwned" is lame for tryin to be hardcore. It's funny the personas ppl take up behind their computer screen. I'm sure you are very cool.

Anyway back to football for those who actually know a bit about the game, can any of you believe there is even a debate about who how goalie should be? I was referring to the Sydney Morning Herald article. It's a joke. Kalac made me very nervous against a poor Greek side and Shwarzer again played fucking awesome. I thought that was the least of our worries. Right win/back and centre defensive combinations are where we need to be a little weary. Moore is a little slow for me. The Brazilians and even japanese strikers will be way too quick for him im afraid. If he was even a good defender I'd say he take up the sweeping position but he was out of position quite often against the dutch.

johnny_87

HSC
otay - HAHAHA love it.

The goalkeeping 'debate' should be somehting we are absolutely sure of by now. Anyone who thinks Kalac still deserves his chance knows nothing about football. He's a good #2, but Schwarzer is proven for us (against Uruguay and the Dutch) and plays a lot more regularly than Kalac.

For me, I think Milicevic should have made the squad. He has decent pace and good experience playing in the CL. I just hope Guus knows what he's doing.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
johnny_87 said:
otay - HAHAHA love it.

The goalkeeping 'debate' should be somehting we are absolutely sure of by now. Anyone who thinks Kalac still deserves his chance knows nothing about football. He's a good #2, but Schwarzer is proven for us (against Uruguay and the Dutch) and plays a lot more regularly than Kalac.

For me, I think Milicevic should have made the squad. He has decent pace and good experience playing in the CL. I just hope Guus knows what he's doing.
What goalkeeping debate? There is no debate. Schwarzer has earnt his place and is a certain starter for the Aussies against Japan. No disrespect to Kalac.

As for Milicevic...his exclusion from the squad is baffling. He is captain of Champions League competitors FC Thun...and in that capacity has gained experience in defending against some of the world's best strikers, including Thierry Henry. He also has more pace than Craig Moore. Perhaps he has had a row with Guus or someone else in the squad or coaching set-up because I just can't really derive any logical explanation as to why they left him out. Anyway Guus surely knows what he is doing. In Guus we trust:) .

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC

otay

HSC
- L1n - said:
i have a theory that WHAT971 is a NOT a FEMALE, clearly he she talks like a lil AZn wanksta.
I woulda agreed with you prior, in fact I originally thought this also I just assumed they were male. But Recently I've seen how many "hardcore" asian girls wite lik dis coz dey are mad kewl. So i'm still 50-50. Watever they are they are fucking annoying and aren't really basing any of their convictions on fact or footballing knowledge. Also they have trouble spellin "own" and Korea.

johnny_87

HSC
Yeh im da koolest look dis shit is rad i pwn u! (rolling my fucking eyes)

Let's just get back to the football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)