• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
As Matt said before Groups E and G are really mouth watering prospects. This year in Europe I think that the Greek sides will perform more consistently, especially Panathinaikos - after buying 2 internationals in Flavio Conceicao and Igor Biscan. I have a feeling that Real Betis will qualify 2nd in Group G ahead of Liverpool. (Sorry Diana! :p)

Inter should crush Rangers and top Group H, I think that this seasons Champions League will be even more exciting than last years. :D

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Italian Hotshot said:
I think that this seasons Champions League will be even more exciting than last years. :D
I hope so...but I really don't think it can top last year...

In the group stages of last year...the games between Ac Milan and Barca...and Real and Juve were outstanding. Then there was the games between Barca and Chelsea. The second game at Stamford Bridge was imo one of the best ever. In the quarters we had mouth-watering games like Bayern v Chelsea...and then in the semis we saw that classic game between PSV and Milan. The Final between 'Pool and Milan was absolutely spectacular. If this season's competition can top last year's...then we really are in for something special :) .

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
This year in Europe I think that the Greek sides will perform more consistently, especially Panathinaikos - after buying 2 internationals in Flavio Conceicao and Igor Biscan.
I have to say I never thought I'd see the day when Egor would be praised for anything other than cult value. Good on him. Hope he does well this year. Maybe they can sneak through to the second round for a meeting against Pool. He'd get a great reception at Anfield I'm sure.

Frankly it's a bit hard for me to get excited about the champions league this year. It's pretty hard to top winning it, and I'm not so confiden that I think we're going do that by repeating the performance this year. All I hope for this year's performance (apart from a good run by Pool), is some good matches.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Ah, I'm happy with Bayern getting an easier group. We get fucking Juve though. Juve 1-0 Bayern in both legs it'll be.

Anyone going to Melbourne v Sydney on Sunday (i know its probably been talked about a lot, but I couldnt be bothered to read back)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Bookie said:
Ah, I'm happy with Bayern getting an easier group. We get fucking Juve though. Juve 1-0 Bayern in both legs it'll be.

Anyone going to Melbourne v Sydney on Sunday (i know its probably been talked about a lot, but I couldnt be bothered to read back)

Not really, this thread's mostly about Euroball, in particular Premiership talk. Maybe it will pick up if people like what they see in the first few weeks.

^___^
HSC
HeCtic said:
[/b]

Not really, this thread's mostly about Euroball, in particular Premiership talk. Maybe it will pick up if people like what they see in the first few weeks.

will A-league be on free - to - air ??

sorry, haven't been keeping up the news apart from the epl cos of assignments/work

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
I'm gonna go on Sunday. Going out Saturday night, hopefully not too smashed for a 5pm start on Sunday ;)

Btw, anyone watching the Newcastle-Adelaide game on Fox Sports 1 now? I'm constantly flicking from the cricket to the footie so not really concentrating on either.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
... said:
will A-league be on free - to - air ??

sorry, haven't been keeping up the news apart from the epl cos of assignments/work
Nah, it's on Fox Sports.

And why apologise for concentrating on your study?

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Liverpool (Cisse 82, 102, Garcia 109) 3-1 CSKA Moscow (Carvalho 28).

If Cisse goes, I'm going to be angry.

slip

HSC
went to newcaslte v adelaide last night.

crowd was 14 100... not the 13 000 reported elsewhere.

ticketing was a bitch (going to buy ticket before hand now)

was an ok night, and i think newcastle will get a similar crowd for the sydney fc match because of yorke. sydney is the next home match round 3. but if newcastle doesnt get some results by the third or four home match i see the crowd dropping.

points wont be easy to come by either... central coast then sydney fc

lucky they get knights at home in round 4, which should see a home win and hopefully keep crowd support up.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Benny_ said:
Liverpool (Cisse 82, 102, Garcia 109) 3-1 CSKA Moscow (Carvalho 28).

If Cisse goes, I'm going to be angry.
Wow another comeback in a Euro cup final, sure its only a 'glamorous friendly', but its still a trophy to b won! :D

I read somewhere this win makes Liverpool the most successful European club this millenium :cool:

Yes i hope Djibril stays too...

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I want to go to the game tomorrow but it's at an awkward time and there's to much shit for uni. I'll say that I won't go now, but I'll most likely end up going.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Rafa expects offers for Cisse

Looks like the rumours are true. Goddammit Rafa, the guy's only played 20 odd matches for us. He tried his heart out to get back into the side after nearly losing his leg, and now you want to sell him? For what?? Utterly disgusted.

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Lyon have started to use their money from the Essien deal well already, they signed Fred, who was the top-scorer in the Brazilian League, something like 40 odd goals in 40 odd matches.... force for the Champion's League methinks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)