• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
copious said:
Aliadiere has actually gone to West Ham on loan!! Our attack looks alot better now, plenty of youngsters to learn off Sheringham.
I've said it before...but I really think that West Ham can survive relegation this season. He will provide yet another option in attack.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
matt#1 said:
I've said it before...but I really think that West Ham can survive relegation this season. He will provide yet another option in attack.
Yeah, they got off to a good start the last time they were in the top flight , I hope they dont fall off the rails. All it takes is an injury or two, our depth isnt that good in defense.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Aliadiere is good, enormous potential however if he wants first team football I'm not convinced he will get it regularly. We still have Bobby Zamora who's played 1 min in 2 matches and David Bellion coming back from injury. Anyway I would like to see Aliadiere Partner up with Sheringham, with Harewood coming on for Sheringham if needed. West ham for UEFA cup!

Numero Uno

HSC
Aliadiere ? ? dosent score goals if you ask me
hope hes on the bench for west ham, as i got zamora in my team
and well hes a legend :)
I think west ham will avoid the drop, as portsmouth is surely out of the premiership at the end of the season, their team has no quality players

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
yeah cant see portsmouth staying either... sunderland to drop down too, then its between the hammers, wigan and fulham i reckon,

that tugay goal was reminiscent of the mendieta special some years ago (back when he was good)... also good to see viduka back, and hopefully he wont be injured again anytime soon...

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Aliadiere has got Harewood's pace, incredible skill and technique and can finish too. As long as their midfield wins enough ball and Sherringham stays fit, these two will score bags.

He's about a billion times better than the Spurs reject too.

Also, Champions League Draw tonight on ESPN. Midnight till 1AM.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
No one wantz to be in the same group az Inter, they gotta play away in an empty stadium which alwayz suckz.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Aliadiere hits out at Strachan

Jeremie Aliadiere has hit out at Gordon Strachan for failing to give him a chance at Celtic.

The Arsenal man joined The Bhoys this summer in search of first-team football but failed to start a single game under Strachan.

Watching Adam Virgo come off the bench ahead of him in last weekend's 3-1 loss to arch-rivals Rangers was the last straw for Aliadiere.

The French striker has ended his stint with Celtic and has joined Premiership new boys West Ham with a view to playing regular football.

"My mind was made up against Rangers on Saturday," revealed Aliadiere. "I'm upset I never got the chance to show why I signed.

"I was on the bench again and Adam Virgo was given a chance for the final few minutes.

"That's when I thought, 'The manager is just taking the p*** out of me.'

"I'm now looking forward to life at West Ham and the chance to play first-team football."

Hmmm, losing to your biggest rivals in the derby, need goals, so what do you do? Bring on the striker you bought from Brighton or the one from Arsenal?

Gee Gordy, no wonder Jeremie was pissed off. At least Pardew isn't that stupid.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I think that West Ham will be a good move for both him and the Hammers...but you would think that he could have stayed a little longer.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Now that Celtic are out of Europe I'm sure he was dying to get out of that hole. Back in London and in the Premiership. He should get game time too, even if the Hammers can land Benni McCarthy.

No Arsenal game this weeken :(

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Speaking of Europe.. Uefa's just given Liverpool what is virtually the hardest possible group imaginable. You guys all seem to have it pretty easy though. Except for slip of course, we're gonna make Terry cry again when he comes to Anfield.

Group A
Bayern München
Juventus
Club Brugge KV
SK Rapid Vienna

Group B
Arsenal
AFC Ajax
AC Sparta Prague
FC Thun

Group C
Barcelona
Panathinaikos
Werder Bremen
Udinese Calcio

Group D
Manchester United
Villarreal
Lille Métropole
SL Benfica

Group E
AC Milan
PSV Eindhoven
FC Schalke 04
Fenerbahçe SK

Group F
Real Madrid
Olympique Lyonnais
Olympiakos
Rosenborg BK

Group G
Liverpool
Chelsea
RSC Anderlecht
Real Betis Balompié

Group H
Internazionale Milano
FC Porto
Rangers
Artmedia Bratislava

matt#1

HSC
N/A
From a Utd fans' perspective...the draw looks pretty good. Villareal is a pretty good side...but we should still finish top of our group and be able to overcome Lille and Benfica pretty easily. Liverpool is in a very hard group...with Chelsea, Betis and Anderlecht to a lesser extent all being quality opponents. The AC Milan, FC Shalke 04, PSV, Fenerbahce group is also pretty tough though...

Anyway...the teams highlighted below are the ones that I think will progress to the next stage;

Group A
Bayern München
Juventus

Club Brugge KV
SK Rapid Vienna

Group B
Arsenal
AFC Ajax
AC Sparta Prague
FC Thun

Group C
Barcelona
Panathinaikos
Werder Bremen
Udinese Calcio

Group D
Manchester United
Villarreal
Lille Métropole
SL Benfica

Group E
AC Milan
PSV Eindhoven
FC Schalke 04
Fenerbahçe SK

Group F
Real Madrid
Olympique Lyonnais
Olympiakos
Rosenborg BK

Group G
Liverpool
Chelsea
RSC Anderlecht
Real Betis Balompié

Group H
Internazionale Milano
FC Porto
Rangers
Artmedia Bratislava

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Benny_ said:
Speaking of Europe.. Uefa's just given Liverpool what is virtually the hardest possible group imaginable. You guys all seem to have it pretty easy though. Except for slip of course, we're gonna make Terry cry again when he comes to Anfield.

Group A
Bayern München
Juventus
Club Brugge KV
SK Rapid Vienna

Group B
Arsenal
AFC Ajax
AC Sparta Prague
FC Thun

Group C
Barcelona
Panathinaikos
Werder Bremen
Udinese Calcio

Group D
Manchester United
Villarreal
Lille Métropole
SL Benfica

Group E
AC Milan
PSV Eindhoven
FC Schalke 04
Fenerbahçe SK

Group F
Real Madrid
Olympique Lyonnais
Olympiakos
Rosenborg BK

Group G
Liverpool
Chelsea
RSC Anderlecht
Real Betis Balompié

Group H
Internazionale Milano
FC Porto
Rangers
Artmedia Bratislava

Ajax and Sparta Prague are feckin tough games. As for FC Thun :) , at least Ljubo Milicevic can now get a chance to mark Thierry Henry. Should be great experience for the Socceroo.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Forlan comin back to Old Trafford to play, that should be interestin. And I hope we get to play Real Madrid later in the tournament too, just to see the Beckham matchup.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Ajax and Sparta Prague are feckin tough games. As for FC Thun :) , at least Ljubo Milicevic can now get a chance to mark Thierry Henry. Should be great experience for the Socceroo.
I wouldn't be too worried HeCtic because I think that Arsenal definitely have one of the easier groups to qualify from. Even considering Arsenal's woeful record in Europe...you should make it through easily.

As for marking Henry...It would be a great experience. However, I think also think that it would be quite a scary experience :) .

Last edited:

slip

HSC
that draw is interesting to say the least. it really just looks like a great (tough competition). Chelsea should top the group anyways, im not to worried, they are all thouhg groups chelsea may have it just a little tougher then a few other teams but to be the best you gotta beat the best.

i think the uefa seedings are alittle fucked, i dont know how they rank the teams into the pots.

but i think they rate the teams over a period of time that is way to large.

team in pot a should have been ac milan, psv, chelsea, juve, barca, liverpool, then take your pick from arsenal, man utd, inter, real...

i just believe this because surely being english champs, semi finalist in champs league last 2 years, and runner up in epl the year before should put you above man utd who havent won a trophy in 2 years or been in the semi finals of the champs league in 2 years...

current form should have a higher value then it seems to have been given

A-League tonight, w00t, cant wait, looks good, all my mates who dont even follow soccer are going to the newie game, qld expect 20 000, should be a exciting weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)