The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Itz been said befo, but why the fuck iz San Marino playin international football...?

Can't really say much about it though, it would be harsh not to include em.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
I dun really hav a problem with these so called minnow countries playin international football, this is the world game after all...

HSC
You can argue that 6-1 results aren't good for the sport, but the whole point of the qualifications is to see the strongest footballing nations. Like in the recent results Latvia drew with Slovakia, Croatia were held by Malta and Greece just beat Kazakhstan 2-1 proving that some of the minows can put up a decent fight.

Prehaps San Marino could start off with 11 players on the field and for every goal the opposition score they have a player sent off? :p

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
I hope the newbies can keep the standards of discussion up. I'd hate for this thread to become one with only people posting shit like "arsenal iz gay" "chelseaz are cuntz" etc.

Bah, probably best to pass the torch for me too. I'll pop in once in a while for the Maq Uni forums but my posting times are non-existe now with the Uni, work, girlfriend and when I move house again, having no cable internet.

So thanks to all of you regulars in this and the old thread. By that I mean, Benny, LMF, copious, BJ, Constipated, ...., Diana, the Arse fans Rubix and Niall, timbk2, braad, blackfriday, slip, Komit, bazookajoe, ACStyle, Italian Hotshot, Ar2aya and whiterabbit.

*Draws breath*

Now that's out of the way, good luck to the newbs and the veterans who stay on in keeping this thread up, and a general good luck to everyone who's posted here or lurked here. I'll still be on MSN if anyone wants a chat.

Bye all :(
:0 ...I can't believe that you decided to leave as well HeCtic?!!?! Anyway, best of luck with everything. You too will be sorely missed in this thread. Your knowledge of the world game and debating skills are second to no-one in this thread. Before you leave though... can I have your msn? Maybe HeCtic's younger brother can pm this to me...because I would love to keep in touch with you mate.

Also...thanks for all the kind words guys and girls :) . Your comments have made me ralise that my posts in this thread are truly appreciated *wipes tears*. For this reason (and also through the persuasion of whiterabbit)...I have decided that I will still make several contributions to this thread every week. Who else will stand up for Man Utd (and Ronaldo in particular) with the same amount of aggression if I don't? :p. Speaking of Ronaldo though, I am sorry to hear that his father passed away :(. He was very brave to play for Portugal so soon after his father's death. The quantity of my posts, however, will still be much less than they used to be. The overall quantity of posts in this thread may also greatly decrease considering that HeCtic and I are the most frequent posters in this thread:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 947
User Name Posts
matt#1 148
HeCtic 137
LMF^^ 92
Benny_ 70
copious 59
bJ_Bhoy 87 49
Constip8edSkunk 42
Crazy Horse 41
AcStyle* 29
... 28
niall045 27
Numero Uno 27
timbk2 25
Komit 24
RUB!X 20
braad 19
slip 18
bazookajoe 15
Jimmy_B 13

Anyway...The future of this thread still looks pretty bright, however, as long as knowledgeable people like LMF, Copious, Diana, Benny,.. etc stay around.

I know this is old news...but how the hell did England lose to N. Ireland? I don't know about you guys...but I think that Eriksson should just revert back to the simple 4-4-2 formation and perhaps include Hargreaves as a DM to add some defensive steel to the side. I'm not writing them off yet though because players like Rooney, Owen, Lampard, Gerrard, Ferdinand.. etc are of undisputed quality and will surely come good again in the near future. Portugal, however, only need to win one of their remaining 2 home games to qualify :) .

As for the argument about whether minnows should compete in International competition...I don't see a problem with it. Every sport has its minnows and such teams only improve by testing themselves against the best in my opinion.

Edit: I am also no longer going to be monitoring my Fantasy EPL teams and thus won't be able to defend my title :(.

Last edited:

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Whoa matt, back already? Ur exile lasted a whole 2 days :D

Btw how do u count all our posts in this thread? Is there lyk a count function on here or sumfin?

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
matt#1 said:
Edit: I am also no longer going to be monitoring my Fantasy EPL teams and thus won't be able to defend my title :(.
It's just because I'm beating you! :uhhuh:

Jimmy_B

HSC
HeCtic's msn : vk_29@hotmail.com

he says he's happy to chat with anyone from this thread so just add him if you wanna.

-@ whiterabbit, he says he's added you but since he has no internet access he can't get online for a while. when he is online he'll msg you.

- he also says thanks to everyone for all the kind farewell msg's, and that if there's ever a bos football meetup he'd love to come down.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Lampard could be rested against Sunderland tomorrow! Stupid Mourinho, I think he intentionally wants me to go crap in Fantasy Premier League.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Lampard will play tonight don't you worry, but Henry and Ljungberg will be out.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Lampard will play tonight don't you worry, but Henry and Ljungberg will be out.
Yeah, Mourinho just confirmed Lampard will play until he either gets injured or breaks David James' record for most consecutive games. And yes, Henry is out due to groin injury, Ljungberg is being rested after injury and Sweden game, and Terry is still out. And Robben is back :).
But in bad news, Okocha may not be fit for the Blackburn match!

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
premierleague.com match previews.
premierleague.com said:
Lampard will play against Sunderland and, barring injury and suspension, will continue to be selected by Mourinho until he breaks David James' Premiership record for consecutive appearances in the top flight.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Lampard iz an absolute beast, I can't believe he can play the way he doez week in week out fo such a long period.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Very weird line ups from many teams. First off, Terry is playing. Tottenham are sticking with Gardner over Dawson. And Tainio ain't playing either, so their goes my fantasy team this week :(

Numero Uno

HSC
i know i know !!
WTF FANTASY PREMIER LEAGUE U CUNT !!
OMG WHY DID U TELL ME TERRYS INJURED !! OMG FUK U !
Hes on my bench :(
yeah i got tanio in my starting line up too
fingers crossed that he wont play so then terry can actually count :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)