• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
id really like to stop the depression setting in over our sudden departures, but european WC qualifiers suck. midweek depression is setting in...

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
copious said:
Updated: Sep. 7, 2005, 12:00 PM UK
United finally set to secure Obi Mikel?

Manchester United are finally set to seal the controversial signing of John Obi Mikel, according to reports from Norway.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=341776&cc=3436
about time...all this hassle and controversy over one player...you'd think we were buying ballack..or dare i say gerrad:D

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
I hope the newbies can keep the standards of discussion up. I'd hate for this thread to become one with only people posting shit like "arsenal iz gay" "chelseaz are cuntz" etc.

Bah, probably best to pass the torch for me too. I'll pop in once in a while for the Maq Uni forums but my posting times are non-existe now with the Uni, work, girlfriend and when I move house again, having no cable internet.

So thanks to all of you regulars in this and the old thread. By that I mean, Benny, LMF, copious, BJ, Constipated, ...., Diana, the Arse fans Rubix and Niall, timbk2, braad, blackfriday, slip, Komit, bazookajoe, ACStyle, Italian Hotshot, Ar2aya and whiterabbit.

*Draws breath*

Now that's out of the way, good luck to the newbs and the veterans who stay on in keeping this thread up, and a general good luck to everyone who's posted here or lurked here. I'll still be on MSN if anyone wants a chat.

Bye all :(
Mate, whatz goin on...? Thiz iz like the French national team. You'll be back.

Oh yeah, and "Arsenal iz gay". :)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Whats the go with England, has Sven lost the plot? losing 1- 0 to nth ireland.

HSC
For England to lose to a side that had gone 4 years without a win is simply amazing, and to break this drought Northern Ireland had to overcome the might of Azerbaijan! :D

In all fairness to Sven it was only his first loss in a qualifying game since 2001.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
For England to lose to a side that had gone 4 years without a win is simply amazing, and to break this drought Northern Ireland had to overcome the might of Azerbaijan! :D
Not only that, but they went 13 games without scoring a single goal!

To make matters worse for Sven, Poland won overnite which puts them 5pts clear at the top of the group, England hav gotta hope they can qualify as one of the best 2nd place teams now...

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Sven, you have some serious problems. Guus may not be happy with our boys but at least it isnt as bad as yours. I know that you are a professional manager, and I am a mere school student, but here is some advice:

=Stop tinkering with your formation. first it was 4-4-2, then it was 4-5-1, now its 4-3-3, lets just get it right, ok?

=Get your midfield combination right, right? You have the best midfielders in the form of Gerrard and Lampard, yet your setup cant even get the ball to rooney

=Sven, you were so keen to get Owen back to epl to get some gametime to prepare him for the national squad. Why? When you have him playing internationals he does nothing anyway (ok geordie owen fan, relax, i wasnt having a go at him, just svens management skills)

=I can see why Real Madrid wants to play a shirtseller in their lineup, but Becks has been playing shite. All he did was get the ball and boot it to the other side of the park. I still think Beckham is good, but i reckon his form slump is down to you

=Your a goal down in a crucial qualifier, and with 15 minutes to go, what do you do? Take Messrs Lampard and Gerrard off the park. And now you wonder why England hates you

I usually enjoy seeing England lose. Last night was no exception LMAO. But Sven, you are to blame

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I think this defeat will be good for England in the long run. It will mark the beginning of the end for Sven Goran Eriksson. Who to replace him? Step forward Arsene Wenger. He's done just about all there is to do with Arsenal, it's time for him to take up a new challenge. I think leading what is still undoubtely a very solid English outfit to Euro2008 (too late to sack Sven now) would be something he'd relish.

*Cue HeCtic to tell me/England to fuck off :D
HeCtic?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Bring in Frank Farina, surely he cant do much worse lol.

What surprises me is their inability to score goals. You got guys like Lampard and Gerrard who bang them in regularly for their clubs, Rooney is a raw goal scorer and you got attackers like Cole and Wright Phillips probing the flanks. Surely they can score 1 goal! Either they are crap with the team chemistry, the coach is crap or the formation is crap. Which brings up a point, who would replace Rooney if he got injured? Owen and Defoe to battle it out up front. Im not entirely convinced Darren Bent is ready for international football and Heskey brings size but no talent. I'm banking on Teddy Sheringham to come out of retirement and be on the bench :D . He's 39, but was running at the same speed when he was 22.

HSC
HeCtic said:
I hope the newbies can keep the standards of discussion up. I'd hate for this thread to become one with only people posting shit like "arsenal iz gay" "chelseaz are cuntz" etc.

Bah, probably best to pass the torch for me too. I'll pop in once in a while for the Maq Uni forums but my posting times are non-existe now with the Uni, work, girlfriend and when I move house again, having no cable internet.

So thanks to all of you regulars in this and the old thread. By that I mean, Benny, LMF, copious, BJ, Constipated, ...., Diana, the Arse fans Rubix and Niall, timbk2, braad, blackfriday, slip, Komit, bazookajoe, ACStyle, Italian Hotshot, Ar2aya and whiterabbit.

*Draws breath*

Now that's out of the way, good luck to the newbs and the veterans who stay on in keeping this thread up, and a general good luck to everyone who's posted here or lurked here. I'll still be on MSN if anyone wants a chat.

Bye all :(
first matt, now you - its not fair! :(

... and your email still doesn't work on my MSN!!

omg... *cries*

Last edited:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
hahaha to england (better late than never)

whats with hiddink wanting kewell? when kewell is good, then sure but seeming it's been so long since we've seen the kewell of those days, why does he want him so desperately? wouldnt you want kewell to get himself back into the swing of things (ease in). With Moore, his injury doesnt seem as bad, so he could return, but kewell lacks match-fitness.

meh..i dont know

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
best of luck hectic! the man utd/arsenal - read ronaldo/reyes - arguments will never be the same...

Hhahahaha England.... Sven will only get the sack if England *fail* to qualify.... Cmon Sven, we know you can do it its 1994...

Copious: yeh I reckon.... lets bring back shearer and sheringham...and gascoigne(is he still playing?) for good measure

braad: i reckon its cuz he knows we need kewell at his best if we are to have any reasonable chance against the sth americans... he'll trust kewell to get at least some game time between now the friendly and the wc qualifier.... even if hes just hanging around training when hes not full match fit would still contribute positively to the team as a whole

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Kewell off the bench would be good, he'll add that little bit of unpredictability in the attack.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
hmmm, true, i never thought of the mental impact he would have. It would happen (boost morale) because like said, even from the bench he can add some flare/unpredicatability to our side generally, and in attack.

I just want kewell to come good from now on, and if that means resting for a game more, then so be it :(

actually...hmm...tough one

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I cant see him starting, Has he even started on his fitness yet? He'll be on the bench at best if he isnt selfish. Throw him in when we need him and give him a free role.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
See how he goes back at Liverpool first. If he's playing magnificently like at Leeds then give him a go. I doubt he'll get that form back though, real shame.

By the way, England and Sven suck. Bring in Curbishley!

Crazy Horse

HSC
Cya HeCtic - Have had some great discussions with both yourself and Matt. Good luck with everything. :)

slip

HSC
Seeya Hectic and Matt. You might not have liked the right football team but you always ahd somethign worthwhile to say about football. Cheers.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
heres something for debate:

http://www2.sbs.com.au/home/index.php3?id=62855

its about v.d. sar saying minnows like andorra shouldnt be playing international football. in europe this would include azerbajian, faroe islands, cyprus, etc. i spose this would also include the solomons.

and after last night, maybe ingerland;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)