• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

^___^
HSC
i think salary cap is a great start, at least it will try and stop the spending spree

also, have a regulation on how many british players must be on the pitch and on the bench, this encourages clubs to breed local players, rather than spending money on oversea players. benefits the national team, and encourages local talents to have a dig.

Jimmy_B

HSC
a fixed salary cap is against eu regulations, but the rule making the maximum wages payable as a proportion of the clubs turnover would well and truly fuck chelsea over. probably arsenal too. apparently thats what theyre trying to implement.

and apparently arsenal fielded a side with no frenchmen in their starting xi against west ham. the first time in ages. although clichy and flamini both ended up coming on....

anyways spurs vs fulham tonight. tainio expected to start tonight. i've been waiting to see this guy play for so long now. should be awesome.

slip

HSC
tainio didnt play, bastard screwed me over in fantasy league.

i took it as a joke, but decided to give some other ideas...

how about a bonus point for a loss by less then 1 goal?

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I was happy that Tainio didn't play, got Nosworthy in to get me an extra 6

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
... said:
i think salary cap is a great start, at least it will try and stop the spending spree

also, have a regulation on how many british players must be on the pitch and on the bench, this encourages clubs to breed local players, rather than spending money on oversea players. benefits the national team, and encourages local talents to have a dig.
No! you can force Celtic to field Scottish players! How are we supposed to win?

Crazy Horse

HSC
Happy Birthday AC! :D
Hope your day is great! :)

Nov Game:
Everyone going?

I'm planning to book the day they're released to general public.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Hmmm I not many good tickets left, for category B it's up towards level 6 already.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Hmm well me and Timbk2 still want to go, but level 6 is pretty high up (highest level in Telstra Stadium). I dunno what its like for soccer watching from that distance. Anyone had any experiences?

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
copious said:
Hmm well me and Timbk2 still want to go, but level 6 is pretty high up (highest level in Telstra Stadium). I dunno what its like for soccer watching from that distance. Anyone had any experiences?
I've had level 4 (where's level 5?) and it wasn't too bad, level 6 is only a little bit higher.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I want to go to that game too...even if i have to watch it from the 6th level! :)

Man Utd v Benfica tomorrow morning 6:30am on SBS. I'll be up to watch it. Hopefully we put in a better performance than we did against Villa and Villareal...but i'm a bit worried because we will be without a number of key players due to injury, including Keane, Heinze, Neville, Wes Brown and Rooney (suspended).

Our defense is affected pretty badly by all those injuries. If Ferguson insists on sticking with his 4-3-3 formation...then I would choose this team tomorrow morning:

Van Der Sar

O'shea Ferdinand Silvestre Richardson

Ronaldo Smith Giggs

Scholes Van Nistelrooy Park Ji Sung

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
That's a damn attackminded formation. Smith will have his work cut out for him though with both Ronaldo and Giggs pushing forward.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
That's a damn attackminded formation. Smith will have his work cut out for him though with both Ronaldo and Giggs pushing forward.
I was thinking the same thing...but I really don't want Fletcher in the starting line-up. He is simply not good enough.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
That formation would work if Keane wasnt injured. I would drop scholes for Rooney, he's looked off colour for the past match or two apparently.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
copious said:
That formation would work if Keane wasnt injured. I would drop scholes for Rooney, he's looked off colour for the past match or two apparently.
Rooneyz suspended fo 2 Euro matchez...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Oh yeah crap forgot about that. Bring on Gabrielle Rossi, or in times like the Ole Ole Ole needs to come back from injury!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Frankly I think Solskjaer's career is over. He's too old and United have plenty of better players in his position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)