• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
GO HEARTS!!!!!!!! hehe, were now six points ahead of rangers and they are eleven behind the lead! mind you, if hearts keep this up i may get a little worried, we cant lose to them after this.

Great night of football. It's the first time in years i have been more interested in the progress of the spl over the epl. man u and arsenal dropping points last night may have just killed this season. again, i'll be looking forward to the relegation battle towards the end of the season, when the epl gets interesting

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Perfect start for Heartz, very very impressive indeed, they can prob beat the Cuntz if they played in Eng.

Same old story fo United again, cannot convert our chancez. Why have Rooney on the bench...? He ain't playin in the Champz League game so why not utilise him while you can...?

slip

HSC
i never stated chelsea made a profit last year.

peter kenyon made manutd what it is today in terms of marketablility, i trust him to do the same at chelsea. and he doesnt wanna live off abramovich he wants to make chelsea a profitable club, and hey if the club owner can buy a team that can get results then they have made a bloody good start to becoming profitable cause people worldwide love winners. look at brazil, france, barcalona, ac milan, juve, real madrid, inter milan, man utd, liverpool and arsenal, popular and all winners.

just take a look around at the chelsea jerseys in the street... the club is no longer just an english club, its a global business (in terms of where it makes its money).

Jimmy_B

HSC
slip said:
i never stated chelsea made a profit last year.

peter kenyon made manutd what it is today in terms of marketablility, i trust him to do the same at chelsea. and he doesnt wanna live off abramovich he wants to make chelsea a profitable club, and hey if the club owner can buy a team that can get results then they have made a bloody good start to becoming profitable cause people worldwide love winners. look at brazil, france, barcalona, ac milan, juve, real madrid, inter milan, man utd, liverpool and arsenal, popular and all winners.

just take a look around at the chelsea jerseys in the street... the club is no longer just an english club, its a global business (in terms of where it makes its money).

-manyoo already had a massive supporter base and history before their dominance of premiership football started, same goes with all of the other clubs you've mentioned and who are seen as marketable. chelsea are a two bit club from fulham with a few years of sporadic success now being used as a money-laundering form for a dodgy ruski. funny how all the other clubs you mentioned were renowned for having world-class attacking players and playing attractvie football. kenyon is no messiah there.

-all clubs are global business' but you missed the earlier point that as far as revenue and book balancing goes, in english football it's attendances that make you the real moolah, especially now that tv revenue has decreased by a staggering amount. chelsea play such dross anyway, that they can't even attract fans to their own games.

http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp?hlid=279063&m=5&y=2005&nav=news&sub=latest news

Due to disappointing ticket sales, this Saturday's Party at the Bridge, at Stamford Bridge, has regrettably been cancelled.

Party at the Bridge was one of the many celebratory events for fans.

There will be a full refund for all those who have purchased tickets. Customers should refer to their point of purchase.

Chelsea Football Club would like to apologise for any inconvenience this cancellation may cause.

you couldnt even attract fans to a title winning celebration. :D

oh, and merchandise sales are not significant enough to balance your ludicrous transfer spending and wage-bill. especially when you have no local fans. good luck with your dream of becoming a financially self-sufficient and stable club.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
remember the arguement is about the ticket prices and the fans. slip, explain to me the need for such high prices at the stadiums. if not for profitability, then what?

slip said:
clubs such as man u have incredible local fan bases. i konw first hand how hard it is to get tickets to see liverpool, me and my mate paid $120Australian to a scalper just to see pool play olympiakos (well worth the moolah, if anyone remembers the match). the demand for these clubs can fill their stadiums threefold. why then cant they fill stamford bridge for a ucl match? its all fine to target asia and the globe, but they are beginning to alienate the fans back home.

slip said:
i think you got it somewhat right, when you said 'arrogance from the board' except i would say it was more an over estimation of demand then arrogance.
perhaps kenyon has got it wrong. remember the fans at home or those bandwagoners will leave too. ppl love man u globally coz of the tradition. the brand sold itself.

i just did a google search to support my arguement:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,283-1781070,00.html

dont worry, i'll find more. it seems i have the same opinion as many

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
- funny how the beer company has to give out 10000 litres of beer immediately after their announcement
- even more funny was wenger's suggestion of a new points system to encourage entertaining football

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Even funnier is West Ham's position on the table , 4th with the 2nd best Goals For record :D!!!!

If we make europe I will be cheering, let alone avoid relegation. All I can say is without Teddy Sheringham we wouldnt be where we are, he's a 40 year old trapped in a 25 year old body.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
copious said:
Even funnier is West Ham's position on the table , 4th with the 2nd best Goals For record :D!!!!

If we make europe I will be cheering, let alone avoid relegation. All I can say is without Teddy Sheringham we wouldnt be where we are, he's a 40 year old trapped in a 25 year old body.
Even better is that we're the only team to have beaten you and we're coming third :D

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Has anyone noticed how often Vieira's name has appeared on the scoresheet for Juve this season so far? I think he's scored something like 4 goals already. He scored around 10 in his whole Arsenal career. I'm very impressed that Vieira can suddenly find within him the ability to score goals at his age, and even more impressed that Capello discovered it.

Jimmy_B

HSC
flyin' said:
- even more funny was wenger's suggestion of a new points system to encourage entertaining football
at least we won't be bored shitless by the hack hack hoof games going on atm. good on mr wengcunt for the suggestion.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
i have a few suggestions to introduce more attacking footballin the epl:

-for every club that has a player that cost them more than $20million, you give the opposition a goal start. that means chelsea need to bag ten goals to win
-any manager that decides they want to field five or six at the back (thats you, mr o'leary) must be forced to retire
-petr cech, terry, carvalho et al must all leave england
-if a goalkeeper scores a goal, then it is worth ten regular goals. Oh, and if any club that is in the bottom five score a goal, its worth double.
-clone thierry henry and give each club an henry jr.

wenger just wants to see more points from 5-4 wins. the reward from playing attacking football should be three points. he says brazil win from playing attacking football, yet they dont need extra points. find another way to beat chelsea, mr wenger!

slip

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:

-for every club that has a player that cost them more than $20million, you give the opposition a goal start. that means chelsea need to bag ten goals to win
-any manager that decides they want to field five or six at the back (thats you, mr o'leary) must be forced to retire
-if a goalkeeper scores a goal, then it is worth ten regular goals. Oh, and if any club that is in the bottom five score a goal, its worth double.

wenger just wants to see more points from 5-4 wins. the reward from playing attacking football should be three points. he says brazil win from playing attacking football, yet they dont need extra points. find another way to beat chelsea, mr wenger!
erm chelsea doesnt have 10 players that cost over 20 million pounds...
how many has henry scored this season... might be more appropriate to give each club a miguel owen junior, or a lampard or a murphy or a bent with the form they are showing
why pick on good players, why not create a rule like the defending team can only have 6 players in its defensive half...

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
slip said:
how many has henry scored this season... might be more appropriate to give each club a miguel owen junior, or a lampard or a murphy or a bent with the form they are showing
why pick on good players, why not create a rule like the defending team can only have 6 players in its defensive half...
LoL I hope you didn't take hiz idea too seriously...

Only $47.50 fo cat B, hm I might look into it. I thought it would be $60+

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:

Haha, how... unconventional :p

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
slip said:

erm... i was meant to be sarcastic. i think wengers idea is shite. while im not a fan of the chelski spending spree, i dont think thats the right way to resolve it. im having a go at arsene. he wants to see more attacking football, does he? getting rid of cygan might help.

seriously, the idea of a bonus point will lead to a shitter, less entertaining league. do you think mid table clubs like aston villa, portsmouth and fulham will be able to chase three goal leads? most clubs battle hard away for three points and fail, let alone a bonus point. if arsene wants to see more attacking football, shouldnt the premise of a win be enough? score more goals, chances are you'll get higher on the ladder anyway. brazil have won five world cups without needing a bonus point, the fact is the current system favours a win, get there the best way possible. the most successful teams that have got wins have been playing attacking football.

to be honest, seeing 4-0 drubbings can be, and is often worse than small margin wins. i hope wengers idea doesnt take off, knowing sepp blatter he'll consider it with all his crazy ideas. we dont need the idea. clubs such as sunderland have no chance of getting the bonus points, chelsea, arsenal and man u will be the only ones to get them. this will only succeed in making a worse comp, coz the gap between first, second, all the way down to last will widen. extra points for the top, less for the bottom.

do we really need that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)