• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
LMF^^ said:
LoL SBS World Sport said he tried to set up Henry wit the penalty kick, now why would you do that...? Just have Henry take the kick.
According to that article, they were copying something Johan Cruyff and Jesper Olsen used to do...but yeh not sure wot happened tho, Pires missed the ball altogether!

bazookajoe said:
Would have been even funnier if City equalised afterwards
Vassell actually did equalise, but it was ruled offside...damn linesman :rolleyes:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
AcStyle* said:
According to that article, they were copying something Johan Cruyff and Jesper Olsen used to do...but yeh not sure wot happened tho, Pires missed the ball altogether!
It would be wise to do party trickz when you're like 4-0 in front, not 1-0.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Time fo some BS storiez:

PEOPLE:

* Sir Alex Ferguson is plotting an amazing swoop for former Arsenal star Patrick Vieira - the Frenchman is believed to be unhappy at Juventus and Ferguson is ready to make a bid in the region of £13m

SUNDAY EXPRESS:

* Arsenal captain Thierry Henry will reject a world-record £200,000-a-week deal from Chelsea

SUNDAY MIRROR:

* Chelsea are ready to pounce and lure Thierry Henry away from Arsenal next summer - the champions hope Roman Abramovich's spending power will see them out-bid rivals like Barcelona and Real Madrid

£200,000-a-week, whatz the world comin to. Henry would be stupid to reject such an offer. But then again, that figure iz just made up by some kunt sittin in front of a computer.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
bloody Jenas!! ...Tottenham did deserve to take a point out of the game though :(.
The result is disastrous for Man Utd and as much as I hate Chelsea...they have already won the EPL and anyone who dares to argue otherwise needs a reality check. My fingers are crossed that we will win at least one trophy this year.

Also...lmao at Pires' attempted penalty and Liverpool's 2-0 loss to Fulham :) .

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Liverpool really do have problems. I don't see how you can go week in, week out with a fantastic team and continue to under-perform.
Oh, and coooooome on Bolton to beat West Brom :) It'll be interesting to see how Newcastle perform against a team with a very poor defense without Owen. West Ham vs Boro should be a great match as well

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
bloody Jenas!! ...Tottenham did deserve to take a point out of the game though :(.
The result is disastrous for Man Utd and as much as I hate Chelsea...they have already won the EPL and anyone who dares to argue otherwise needs a reality check. My fingers are crossed that we will win at least one trophy this year.

Also...lmao at Pires' attempted penalty and Liverpool's 2-0 loss to Fulham :) .
Unless Chelsea losez to Everton tonight. :)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Arsene Wenger said:
"Robert was uncertain and scared to miss the penalty and he made a big mistake and a wrong decision.

"He was not lacking seriousness or respect - he was lacking confidence."

"It could be interpreted that Robert was being disrespectful, but that would be wrong.

"I think it is because he is so serious that he was insecure about taking a second penalty.

"I felt Robert had enough confidence to take the second penalty, but that is not the way he felt.

"I felt disbelief. But Robert is a lucky boy because the team has not been punished."
might as well have asked paul cygan to take it. actually the only thing thats wrong about it is that pires had an airswing, johan cryuff he aint.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Everton got a point against Chelsea, well done well done. Would've been better had they kept em out and beat the cuntz.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
Everton got a point against Chelsea, well done well done. Would've been better had they kept em out and beat the cuntz.
It still dosent change my opinion that the EPL title has already been won by Chelsea because the main title rivals (Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool) are losing points almost every week. Teams like Tottenham and Charlton are well-placed but they don't have enough class to compete with Chelsea.

donkeydrop

HSC
Just random thoughts....

Happy that Bolton beat West Brom 2:0. I was very dissapointed after the Chelsea result, especially after leading 1:0 but thats in the past, the team recovered pretty well.

Happy for Shevchenko, accroding to Skysports, the injury is not as serious as expected. I dont think he played in 2:1 win over Palermo. I hope he will be fit for the game against PSV Hopefully, he doesnt get any serious injuries when the WC starts. :)

Davo Beckham got sent off yet again. What a naughty boy!

Happy for Heart in the SPL. I hope they maintain their lead but there is a still long way to go till the end of the season. Their squad doesnt have a great depth, but i hope they can push Rangers and Celtic. Both clubs are not playing well.

Some of the results according to http://www.livescore.com/

Lecce 0 - 3 Juventus
Udinese 0 - 1 Inter Milan
AS Roma 1 - 1 Lazio

Getafe 5 - 2 Zaragoza - well done to Getafe, im starting to like this club!
Malaga 5 - 0 Real Betis
Villarreal 3 - 0 Mallorca - Forlan scored :-(
Real Madrid 1 - 2 Valencia

PSV Eindhoven 1 - 0 Ajax Amsterdam - i miss the Ajax team of 1995/1996, what a memories!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Why would you be happy for Hearts? With that new sugar daddy of theirs, they're the Chelsea of the SPL.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
donkeydrop said:
Just random thoughts....

Happy that Bolton beat West Brom 2:0. I was very dissapointed after the Chelsea result, especially after leading 1:0 but thats in the past, the team recovered pretty well.

Happy for Shevchenko, accroding to Skysports, the injury is not as serious as expected. I dont think he played in 2:1 win over Palermo. I hope he will be fit for the game against PSV Hopefully, he doesnt get any serious injuries when the WC starts. :)

Davo Beckham got sent off yet again. What a naughty boy!

Happy for Heart in the SPL. I hope they maintain their lead but there is a still long way to go till the end of the season. Their squad doesnt have a great depth, but i hope they can push Rangers and Celtic. Both clubs are not playing well.

Some of the results according to http://www.livescore.com/

Lecce 0 - 3 Juventus
Udinese 0 - 1 Inter Milan
AS Roma 1 - 1 Lazio

Getafe 5 - 2 Zaragoza - well done to Getafe, im starting to like this club!
Malaga 5 - 0 Real Betis
Villarreal 3 - 0 Mallorca - Forlan scored :-(
Real Madrid 1 - 2 Valencia

PSV Eindhoven 1 - 0 Ajax Amsterdam - i miss the Ajax team of 1995/1996, what a memories!
welcome to the bos football thread donkeydrop. Despite all your rambling, however, I was unable to determine which team you support :) . Are you another of those Chelsea bandwagoners perhaps? :(

johnny_87

HSC
It's funny how many Chelsea "fans" have popped up since they began to lead the EPL last year.

If we can beat them at OT on the 6th of November, we are still in with a chance at the title, although we need some good luck for a change (and some bad luck for Chelsea)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I joined the bandwagon before the oil-baron did (back in the day, when they were spiralling into debt and about to sell Eidur and Jimmy and Petit was still around and Madrid were Champions of Europe and Ranieri was still rotating his squad...) :D

Jose should stop switching defenders, and just play with the recommended backline. Rikky can't defend and Huth is slow and clumsy. Them playing coincides with us conceding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)