• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
With all due respect, Chelsea's backup backs aren't really anything to write home about, Ferreira and Bridge are fine players, but they can't play in the centre. Carvalho also hasn't been in the best of form. That means if Terry and Gallas get injured, they WILL be vulnerable at the back, provided that you can bypass Makelele. Still a long shot I know, but it's the best any of the other teams have. I don't believe that Charlton will continue their fine run of form. Once Murphy and Bent run out of puff, I think they'll struggle to stay up there. At this point in the season it's definitely looking like United will be runners up. Having said that, there's still another 30 odd games to play, so you never know.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
With all due respect, Chelsea's backup backs aren't really anything to write home about, Ferreira and Bridge are fine players, but they can't play in the centre. Carvalho also hasn't been in the best of form. That means if Terry and Gallas get injured, they WILL be vulnerable at the back, provided that you can bypass Makelele. Still a long shot I know, but it's the best any of the other teams have. At this point in the season it's definitely looking like United will be runners up.
I agree that Chelsea will be vulnerable if Terry and Gallas get injured...but that is a very slim hope to be holding on to because so will every other team if their 2 best centre-backs get injured. Man Utd dosent exactly have many options to replace Ferdinand or Silvestre considering that Heize, Brown and Neville are already injured.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Speakin of injuriez, Phil Bardsley haz done exceptionally well at right-back, we don't seem to be missin Gary at all. He'll be one of our starz of the future.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I doubt both Terry and Gallas would get injured at the same time. If they did (and provided it's around the transfer period) they probably wouldn't risk it and buy another star instead.

johnny_87

HSC
But what other star would want to go to Chelski when there are so many others there anyway? And which of those stars would be available to leave or be sold? Because they would then know that once Terry and Gallas return to full fitness, they may be sitting on the bench once again. They could be part of the Chelski Life Fund!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
that doesnt stop anyone, eg. SWP. he doesnt mind sitting on the bench, nor does Crespo.

Anyway all i can say is West ham for europe!

Jimmy_B

HSC
both arsenal and manyoo have thrown away 11 and 12 point leads respectively, and in shorter periods of time. this season isnt over.

cuntski havnt goofed in two seasons. it's bound to happen sooner or later. i'm sure both united and the arse will hit their straps at some point this season and go on a big run.

just hope we can keep the arse down for another week or two though ;)

oh, and i supported spurs becuase of my brother's influence.......

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
If you think Chelsea will lose the Premiership then you're out of your mind. Furthermore, if you think Tottenham will do any better than any other season then you are also out of your mind.

Jimmy_B

HSC
Komit said:
-If you think Chelsea will lose the Premiership then you're out of your mind.

-Furthermore, if you think Tottenham will do any better than any other season then you are also out of your mind.

-i didn't say they will lose the premiership, i said it is still possible for them to. you don't win titles after ten games.

-in the last three seasons we've finished 9th, 14th and 10th. you don't think we can top that this season? with the quality in our squad? and with a settled managment team?

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
The odds of Tottenham not improving on last season are slimmer than Chelsea losing the Premiership. Jol's been a very impressive manager who's bought the best out of anyone in the league, outside of Chelsea of course.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Komit said:
If you think Chelsea will lose the Premiership then you're out of your mind. Furthermore, if you think Tottenham will do any better than any other season then you are also out of your mind.
Go back to the F1 thread mate :rolleyes: . Whilst I agree with your first point about Chelsea...I cannot agree with your point about Tottenham. The Spurs have bought well and have class all over the park this season... as well as a good manager in Martin Jol. They will definitely make Europe...and may even qualify for Champions League football if teams like Liverpool don't dramatically lift their domestic game.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
The spurs have great depth especially in the midfield. And they are still without Wayne Routledge and Gardner who was in great form.

donkeydrop

HSC
Hello fellow football (dont you just hate the word Soccer!?) fans,

In regards to Tottenham, according to BBC article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/4310900.stm

"Tottenham's spending on players over the past two years has risen to £61.8m"

Obviously the spending is not as big as with Chelsea (ive noticed a lot of people on BOS love Chelsea. I liked them when Zola played for them, what a champion of a player he was :)

Anyways, i agree with that Tottenhan will do well this season. The squad has good mixture of youth and experience. A lot of talented players who still have a time and potential to improve! They should retain most of their squad (unless Chelsea buys them for £20-30m, ahahahhaahahha).

In other news, according to BBC - Hearts chief executive Phil Anderton is hoping to hold talks with Sir Bobby Robson over their managerial vacancy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/4368502.stm

Would be very good news for Heats, however im surprised that he is considering to sign for them. Wouldn't a coach with soo much experience on both domestic and international level attract the attention of bigger clubs? Well, thats for Matt#1 and Copious to decide

benny_2

man utd. followers jumpin on da bandwagon

hello to all
i am a very keen liverpool supporter and have been my whole life
my dad followed them as a youngster tought me young with videosshowing of the likes of kenny delglish. (if you dont no him u aint a supporter)
so to all u man utd. supporters who have jumped on da bandwagon since
winning their titles a few years back well done.
gettin on da good teams, like all aussies do.
and as for football here n australia
please dont talk about catch me f#%k me cos dat aint football.
go the aussie rules and go the mighty reds

donkeydrop

HSC
Hi Matt#1, sorry wasnt clear in specifying which club i support in my first post.

Bolton - (Big Sam i believe is one of the best managers in EPL. I think they were in 1st or 2nd division when he took over and did a fantastic job since then),

Liverpool a.k.a Steven Gerrard FC. Dont you think that Kewel's ponytail looks very suss!?

Man Utd - (Giggs is a champion, what a shame that he didnt achieve success with Wales)

West Ham - produce great players, J Cole, Lampard, Carrick etc.. however its the same story, they identify the talent, nurture them and then BANG, big clubs rock up and take them. Oh well, thats football, money talks!

Barcelona - that Brazilian vampire Ronaldinho and chocolate face Samuel Eto'o(great player but very arrogant)

Dynamo Kiev - never forget when Sheva and Rebrov played together. I think season 1998/1999 and 2000/2001 were very successful for DK in Champions League.

Glasgow Rangers - not happy with their form this season. Actually dont mind Celtic too, when Nakamura plays

Other teams, PSV, Ajax, Bayern and of course AC MILAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)