The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
But it turned out to be a great goal, I'm sure no one will mind. Remember Drogbaz goal against Arsenal...? About time that luck went against em.

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
However great a goal,
Smithy's performance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the goal

I have never seen him play so well, i hope he can keep it up.. was absolutely brilliant.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Keane fired everyone up I guess, the whole team played quite well, except Van Nistelrooy, who didn't do much except blaze the ball over from 10 yardz. But he did try very hard though, you could tell that he had nothin left in the tank by the time he came off the field.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Well wot do u kno, the Chelski lose back to back games...is that a first under Mourinho?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Yup

First league defeat of the season, first time they were kept scoreless in the league thiz season.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
RyddeckerSMP said:
However great a goal,
Smithy's performance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the goal

I have never seen him play so well, i hope he can keep it up.. was absolutely brilliant.
Yep, he did well, think he was one of Fergie’s MotM candidates. Ronaldo was also good, makes you wonder why the Gaffe has been hesitant to give him a starting berth for the most part of this season. The youngsters were impressive, you could see them full of energy, helping out at the back, and you could see what the match meant when they’d be livid with themselves for conceding freekicks. O’Shea I think was the weakest link, and we defended way too narrowly, on another day Chelsea would have made us pay. A lot of credit should go to Keano though, he’s managed to put some much needed sense of reality into some of the lads.

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Ronaldo wasn't used before becuase he was so out of form, especially in the game against Villaerel where he was dire... this morning though he played outstanding.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Wigan are in sight! :cool:

Just imagine it, Wigan in the ECL...

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
flyin' said:
Wigan are in sight! :cool:

Just imagine it, Wigan in the ECL...
19 Nov 13 Arsenal (H)
26 Nov 14 Tottenham (H)
3 Dec 15 Liverpool (A)
10 Dec 16 Chelsea (A)
14 Dec 16 Man. United (A)
17 Dec 17 Charlton (H)
26 Dec 18 Man. City (H)

We'll see....

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
bazookajoe said:
19 Nov 13 Arsenal (H)
26 Nov 14 Tottenham (H)
3 Dec 15 Liverpool (A)
10 Dec 16 Chelsea (A)
14 Dec 16 Man. United (A)
17 Dec 17 Charlton (H)
26 Dec 18 Man. City (H)

We'll see....
Well, the 14th December fixture seems like a tall order, but they should pick up 3 pointers in each of thier other outings.

Jimmy_B

HSC
Paragon said:
Well, the 14th December fixture seems like a tall order, but they should pick up 3 pointers in each of thier other outings.
heh, or not.........

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Unless if Wigan are reeling hard from the 5 consecutive losses in the previous weeks, I see them beating Charlton and City. Charlton anyway, they seem to be losing steam in recent weeks.

I think this week will be a turning point to the season. Already we've seen Charlton lose twice in 2 weeks, meanwhile Liverpool and Arsenal are putting some good performances at last, and United surprised everyone by scalping Chelsea. From here on in I see the overachievers (Charlton, Wigan, West Ham, City) dropping off to their normal positions in UEFA cup-middle table positions, while United, Arsenal, Pool, Spurs Boro and maybe Charlton secure positions at the top. Everton seems to be coming back into it as well.. dammit.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
wow. I got over Liam Miller's defection to ManU a while ago, it seems fellow hoops fans havent:

from bhoys fans on another forum said:
I hope you will all join me in wishing Liam Miller well on his journey into obscurity and long may it continue... I do hope he doesn't make it at Leeds and moves on to that great team we all know he deserves Backstabbing Bastards United... oh how he will be regretting his move to Man U... if only justice shown so brightly on the rest of the big headed youngsters who think they're brilliant before they are... take note young McGeady!
Couldn't agree more mate, hope he turns out to be a right failure, hope he ends up in the lower english leagues, shame though, he could have done very well fur us.
On Wigan and other "over-achievers": Who knows when the bubble will burst. Making predictions now is very risky, its best to wait for Christmas. Even then its hard to call (ie. the Baggies and the Toffees).

But I will say Everton will probably claw their way back into the top half of the draw. They may pull a surprise in january on the meat market. Rumours also are strong suggesting Arsenal are going for Carlos Tevez, and after his hat trick against Santos in a 7-1 rort, he will be a great buy. I would have thought a Spanish club would nab him, but who knows.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Benny_ said:
Unless if Wigan are reeling hard from the 5 consecutive losses in the previous weeks, I see them beating Charlton and City. Charlton anyway, they seem to be losing steam in recent weeks.

I think this week will be a turning point to the season. Already we've seen Charlton lose twice in 2 weeks, meanwhile Liverpool and Arsenal are putting some good performances at last, and United surprised everyone by scalping Chelsea. From here on in I see the overachievers (Charlton, Wigan, West Ham, City) dropping off to their normal positions in UEFA cup-middle table positions, while United, Arsenal, Pool, Spurs Boro and maybe Charlton secure positions at the top. Everton seems to be coming back into it as well.. dammit.
Way to forget Bolton

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Oh, Bolton begin their long plummet towards relegation of course :D

Seriously I'm expecting them to be hovering there abouts with Spurs and Boro to challenge for UEFA cup again.

Last edited:

johnny_87

HSC
Great performance by United. Missing Keane is a big loss, especially for the big games, but even though we were missing him, Giggs, Heinze and Neville, we managed to hold on for a great win!

Now all we need is for Chelski to suffer a few injuries during this international break and hopefully they can slip up against teams like Newcastle and Wigan (who else do they have coming up?).

It really is quite funny to think that they have spent $700m on players into their 3rd season yet have won just 2 or 3 trophies.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
AcStyle* said:
Well wot do u kno, the Chelski lose back to back games...is that a first under Mourinho?
TWG:

It is only the second time since Mourinho arrived at Chelsea after winning the Champions League with Porto, that they have lost two games on the trot.

The last time was in February when they stumbled 1-0 in the FA Cup at Newcastle before losing the first leg of a Champions League tie that they went on to win against Barcelona.

Mourinho, the self-styled 'special one', has suffered two defeats in a row on four occasions in his five-year managerial career, the other two were with Uniao Leiria in 2001 and Porto in 2002.

He has never lost twice in succession in the league.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Bolton 1-0 Tottenham
I don't see how Nolan is constantly overlooked for England

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Arsenal want Kuyt, the left foot striker would play well alongside Henry, as long as he stays. I dont know why they are linked to so many strikers though, they need to fill the hole in centre midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)