• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
By the way thingz are goin Park will definitely be one of the gunz fo uz thiz season.

Thiz might be weird, but I had a dream not long ago about Eng winnin the World Cup.

Meanwhile, itz been reported that Lyon have agreed on a fee wit Chelsea on Essien fo £27m, and Sebastian Viera has failed a medical at Highbury.

johnny_87

HSC
That Russian mafioso has had a terrible impact on football. I hope Interpol or the FBI bust him for something and he is forced to sell Chelsea, once again making them shite.

So many teams have given in (or been forced to) because of the insane amounts of cash he is throwing around. Essien is definitely not worth 27m pounds. Wright-Philips is definitely not worth 21m pounds.

He also threw cash at Kezman and Drogba but they are shite.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
SWP is an RM Matt :p I'd play him instead of Beckham. Downing or Cole (Joe) on the left. SWP is England's only genuine winger and should be given every opportunity to give England that little bit of something different in his favoured position. Also Garry Neville is an RB :p

England has a very solid squad for the 2006 WC. I think anything less than a semi-final appearance would be a big underachievement for them. Admittedly though, there remain a few minor concerns in terms of personel. LM is a position that still hasn't been held down by one player. Cole and Downing are both good players who can do a good job there but neither have played there for long enough to make that position their own. Gerrard and Lampard are 2 amazing midfielders. They're both box-to-box- strong in the tackle and capable of both scoring and setting up goals up the other end. Unfortunately neither of them really seem to enjoy doing the defending and tend to leave a big gap behind them when they both push forward. Having such a good back 4 helps, but I get the feeling that against quick counterattacking teams they could be in a spot of bother.

A bigger problem is the manager. He has one of the world's most exciting RMs at his disposal in SWP, but his Beckham love knows no ends and he simply refuses to drop him. To be fair Beckham did play well last season at Madrid but I still think England would be better served with a more traditional winger who get beat people, score goals and put a good cross in.. rather than someone who can only put a cross in.

My England 11.

GK: Robinson
LB: A. Cole
CB: Terry
CB: Carragher
RB: G. Neville
LM: J. Cole
CM: Gerrard
CB: Lampard
RM: Wright-Phillips
CF: Rooney
CF: Owen

Bench: James, Beckham, Defoe, Hargreaves (purely for utility value)

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Crazy Horse said:
I live near Mt Druitt and can't go for a jog at this time of night because of freaks lurching about.
yeah, i live in plumpton, freaks are everywhere round these parts ...

so many posts today ... :O this must be some kind of record, ive never seen this many posts in one day on this thread ...

debrecen will fight back at home ...

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
niall045 said:
Give em a drubbing just like what the hoops got against Artmedia Bratislava. 5-0. hilarious.
Fat chance, they didn't look once dangerouz other than the almighty Gary made a defensive blunder.

T

timbk2

i saw the new Sydney FC jersey and NZ Knights jersey at rebel sports today... pretty good i reckon. i like the sydney away jersey more than the home one.. its white and light blue panels... $120bucks each.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Too bad you can't get cheap Sydney FC replicas in Hong Kong. I got my first Liverpool shirt there :p

RedTommo

HSC
timbk2 said:
i saw the new Sydney FC jersey and NZ Knights jersey at rebel sports today... pretty good i reckon. i like the sydney away jersey more than the home one.. its white and light blue panels... $120bucks each.
Personally I'd steer away from getting the away shirt, purely because all A-League clubs have been issued with a fairly generic white jersey as their second strip. Agree that it does look pretty stylish though...Also, word on the street is SydneyFC shirts complete with the 'HealthE' badge will be available in a few weeks time for about $20 more-so if you want the genuine, genuine article best hold off until then.

So everyone here gearing up to support some local football product when the A-League finally rolls around in a coupla weeks time I take it?

Edit: Oh and as far as the English go:

-------------Robinson-----------
Neville--Terry--Carradonna--A.Cole
SWP---Gerrard--Lampard---J.Cole
-----------Defoe--Rooney-------------

Owen the poor sod who misses out....

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
i know that Neville is a RB...I accidentally switched him with Cole. Also...I thought that SWP could play on the left?

Anyway...here is an updated version of my best England XI:

GK: ROBINSON
LB: COLE
RB: NEVILLE
CB: TERRY
CB: FERDINAND
RM: BECKHAM
LM: JOE COLE
CM: LAMPARD
CM: GERRARD
CF: ROONEY
CF: OWEN

Subs: DEFOE; WRIGHT- PHILLIPS; DOWNING; CARRAGHER; JAMES.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
England's back 4 for the best in international football? Quite possibly.

RedTommo

HSC
Benny_ said:
England's back 4 for the best in international football? Quite possibly.
:D :D
It's good, no doubt, but still not worth comparing to the Italian equivalent.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Nesta, Cannavaro..who else? I'm not much of an expert on Italian backs outside the Milan ones :p

T

timbk2

what do you guys think will be Hiddinks Aussie starting lineup?

Shwazzer (hate spelling his name)

Neil Moore Popo Laybutt/North

Emerton Bresciano, Cahill, Kewell

Viduka, Aloisi

nfi about our leftback atm.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well in terms of defending italy certainly is much better since ash cole is a wing back attacker rather than a stuart pearce cruncher.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
These teams look about right if they play 4 - 4 - 2. I think Terry and Ferdinand will go well, Carra and Terry are too similiar to be centre back pairings. Beckham meh, he's one of this 'incumbant' players who even in shit form will be picked cause he is captain. I reckon he should be fighting for his place with SWP.

I would probaly go with Matt's team, I'd put Owen in the starting lineup since he would of signed somewhere with first team football. Rooney will be feeding in assists like there's no tomorrow to him. Defoe on the bench is good but he lacks strength, Carragher is good cause of his utility in the centre mid if needed and Downing is an awesome player who'll sine this year even more.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Do dreamz ever come true...? They never do fo me.

So therefore Eng will not win the World Cup while I'm still alive. ;)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
There is no way in hell Hiddink will player Emerton, Cahill, Bresciano AND Kewell all together. That's a classic all craft no graft midfield right there. It'd get overrun by any team with MFs who can make a tackle.

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
I don't think there's a chance in hell of kewell playing..full stop... the guy is constantly injured and when he isn't, he's never been in form...and benny, we got plenty of midfielders who can graft i.e mckain, colosimo.. and skoko i think plays that kind of position too...problem is mckain and colosimo have a lot of promise but never get a decent chance to impress or get played out of position...and don't forget vinny grella either...he's played a holding midfielder role before and did it well...forgot against who it was though

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I know, I said THAT midfield doesn't have any graft.

When Kewell gets fit.. and since he's due to return to training next week, he'll be an automatic starter for Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)