The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

niall045

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
calamity james will never play another game for the national squad again.

paul robinsons spot is safe, and green should be 2nd in line

remember sven is still manager. he gives becky a free role?? he puts becky in the team?? crazy swedes.

600th post. *bang bang*
beat to it. DENIED. oh...

Last edited:

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
HeCtic, those shirts look ok, but i dont think they are original ... no1 would sell it that cheap, although you cant really tell the difference ...
i just bought Arsenal 04 home shirt, the one fab is wearing in HeCtic's sig for $80 from Rebel ... The new one is 130 (vintage) ...

Last edited:

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
i know that ppl have always been sayin that calamity would get the sack and then he is selected again, but this time i think it might be different. england have high hopes for 2006 WC, and a 4-1 loss is gonna cause a stink with the tabloids. sven has already copped a lot of shit, but this time its gonna hurt him.

watever happened to nigel martyn? has he retired? he would compete for no1

T

timbk2

yeah... this is one of the comments: "NOT AUTHENTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but fast shipping !!!!!smooth transaction!!!!!Thanks"

still looks good thoguh.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
definitely.... what happen to that other keeper whose name ive forgotten (edit: played for west brom or some other low ranked team? this was a couple of years ago.... was it hoult? bah cant remember) did he disappear when he got relegated? and theres also kirkland lmao...

Today's tabloids:

The Sun
  • Arsenal winger David Bentley has turned down the chance to join Portsmouth on loan as he wants a permanent move to a Premiership club.
  • Australian midfielder Josip Skoko is hoping to gain international clearance in order to join Wigan.
  • Aston Villa want £4m-rated Wolves defender Joleon Lescott.
  • Milan Baros' move to Aston Villa is on ice after Liverpool's bid to include Nolberto Solano as part of the deal was rejected by the Villains.

Guardian
  • West Ham's board are set to reject a £45m takeover bid for the club from businessman Kia Joorabchian.

Daily Mail
  • Michael Owen is not keen on a move to Lyon and will hold out in the hope Real Madrid and Liverpool can come to an arrangement.
  • Newcastle will try to stage an 11th-hour bid to snatch Tottenham striker Fredi Kanoute, who has agreed to join Sevilla in a £4.4m move.

The Mirror
  • Liverpool will take Owen on a season-long deal and meet Real's £10m asking price next summer.
  • Everton insist striker Marcus Bent is not for sale, despite keen interest from Charlton.

Dily Mirror
  • Nicolas Anelka's move to Newcastle has hit the rocks after the Magpies refused to pay all of Fenerbahce's £10m price up front.
  • Kanoute's exit from Tottenham will allow Spurs to move in for Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuijt.
  • Leeds want to take Blackburn midfielder Gary Flitcroft on loan.
  • Hugo Viana is back at Newcastle after their failure to sell him to Sporting Lisbon and Celta Vigo, who refused to meet the £3m price.

Daily Express
  • Sunderland are set to move to in for Walsall's England Under-19 star Matty Fryatt but could face competition from West Ham.

Daily Record
  • Rangers will fight any proposal by Hearts to cut the away ticket allocation for Gers fans for the match in March 2006.
  • St Johnstone have applied for a work permit for Trinidad and Tobago international Jason Scotland - even though he was refused one to continue his career with Dundee United.

skoko at wigan... good but i think and good to see another aussie in the epl.

i bet owen wants back at liverpool now because of champ league win last season - and real crashes and burns in europe in recent years....glory hunter...

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I think Owen wants to be back at Liverpool because he's just not going to play at Madrid. We'll take him back with open arms. Glory hunters I don't mind in the short term. Everyone in the Chelsea squad bar Terry and Lampard are glory hunters.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
Everyone in the Chelsea squad bar Terry and Lampard are glory hunters.
As much as I hate Chelsea...I have to disagree. Maybe players such as SWP and Essien who become Chelsea players this year are glory hunters...but Chelsea were no certainty to win the EPL title at the beginning of last season and were certainly not favourites.

In other news..Tottenahm are apparently interested in Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt. I know that they just sold of Kanoute...but have they gone striker crazy!?!!
They are like a smaller and less expensive Real Madrid...only with a better defense lol :) .

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Anyone who joined Chelsea since the Abramovic era is more than likely a glory hunter. What else would they be joining for if not glory? History? Prestige? The chance to be part of a wonderful "Who would you buy if you had unlimited resources at your disposal?" experiment? No, I think players who do go to Chelsea are well aware of how much glory a large amount of cash can buy and joined for just that reason. Even if they didn't think they'd win it last year, they'd certainly expect to win plenty of things in years to come.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
Anyone who joined Chelsea since the Abramovic era is more than likely a glory hunter. What else would they be joining for if not glory? History? Prestige? The chance to be part of a wonderful "Who would you buy if you had unlimited resources at your disposal?" experiment? No, I think players who do go to Chelsea are well aware of how much glory a large amount of cash can buy and joined for just that reason. Even if they didn't think they'd win it last year, they'd certainly expect to win plenty of things in years to come.
fair enough. well said ben. I'd prefer to hate the Chelsea players anyway. Thats the last time I will stand up for them :) .

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Yeah guys like Lampard and Joe Cole will regret joining Chelski when West ham win the premier league this year :D

matt#1

HSC
N/A
copious said:
Yeah guys like Lampard and Joe Cole will regret joining Chelski when West ham win the premier league this year :D
They will have to do alot more than just beat Blackburn if they wanna go all the way... :)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Benny_ said:
ere we go ere we go ere we go scott PARRRRRRRKER

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
he left chelski
and will probably factor in NUFC senior team alot more

ok...erm...well, that doesnt explain it

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
RUB!X said:
HeCtic, those shirts look ok, but i dont think they are original ... no1 would sell it that cheap, although you cant really tell the difference ...
i just bought Arsenal 04 home shirt, the one fab is wearing in HeCtic's sig for $80 from Rebel ... The new one is 130 (vintage) ...
I doubt they're orginal, but they look as authentic as the one I bought from the Arsenal shop, so they're good game. I'm not a fan of Rebel jerseys myself. Thjey don't come with proper numbering, naming or badges. It's like $15 extra for each number and 5 per letter or something ridiculous like that. And they're only ironed on, not properly stitched in, so you get some peel after a while.

The new home jersey looks gash. I prefer the canary yellow any day :)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
isnt martyn pretty ancient now?
Martyn is still awesome.

And look what happens without Sol in the team. Half decent opposition stuff em. Rio and Carragher bahahahaha.

EDIT: Oh, and I agree with everything Benny said. Although you could probably add fatcunt Frank to the mercenary list.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
. Although you could probably add fatcunt Frank to the mercenary list.
You should probably start downloading pics of fatcunt Frank into your sig :) .
Chelski v Arse should be a cracker of a game though...I'll definitely be up at 1:00am on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)