The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
United looked a very tired side, a drawz probably the fair result, but I'm still not very happy about it. Could've lost the game to an Andy Cole strike had not been fo van der Sar.

Why did Fergie start wit Fletcher...? He played fo Scotland in midweek and even Richardson would be a better choice.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
fergies been in love with fletcher for a couple of years now... must be a scottish thing.

edit: 27 pts for me, diouf better get a hattrick of goals/ or assists

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Hectic week comin up fo uz, first Villareal and then Liverpool, Fergie must have that in mind so he tinkered wit the midfield a bit. But fuck, Fletcher didn't do anythin out there today, he keepz movin in towardz the centre of midfield instead of stayin out wide. We played like England, except we scored. One poor performance and 2 pointz down the drain, wit a 5 point gap at the top, not good even at thiz stage of the season.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
boro is 2-0 up with 30 minutes left... it may not be all bad.. though chelsea again has jumped ahead of the field.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Good to know that at least we're ahead of Arsenal wit a game in hand. It lookz like the international week haz taken itz toll on the clubz, except Chelsea of courz.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Hmm yeah Chelsea's depth is an asset indeed. Surprised to see John Terry back so early. Charlton continue to surprise me, will they keep it up? Bent seems to be on fire atm, the new Andy Johnson indeed.

Numero Uno

HSC
yeah , i wonder how bent will go against chelsea's defence ..
that's gonna be a great game, Murphy in the midfield v Lampard ..
Murphy is in mad form atm, i would'nt be suprised if Charlton win that one

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Gerrard wasnt at his best apparently, i will have to watch the match. The striking crisis seems to be causing some problems, they havnt looked like threatening lately apart from europe.

Crazy Horse

HSC
I heard that as well. I havnt seen the match either but hopefully my friend remembered to tape it for me.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
copious said:
Gerrard wasnt at his best apparently, i will have to watch the match. The striking crisis seems to be causing some problems, they havnt looked like threatening lately apart from europe.
That ain't surprisin, 3 gamez in one week iz prob too much, except fo Lampard.

Interestin game that one, ball ended up in the net of both teamz from cornerz, but on both occasionz the ball had already gon out of play wit the outswinger.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Hectic week comin up fo uz, first Villareal and then Liverpool, Fergie must have that in mind so he tinkered wit the midfield a bit. But fuck, Fletcher didn't do anythin out there today, he keepz movin in towardz the centre of midfield instead of stayin out wide. We played like England, except we scored. One poor performance and 2 pointz down the drain, wit a 5 point gap at the top, not good even at thiz stage of the season.
Eh.. you guys have it easy, our next few weeks are probably going to be our toughest run all season.

Tue. 13 19:45 UK Real Betis v Liverpool Estadio Manuel Ruiz de Lopera
Sun. 18 12:00 UK Liverpool v Man Utd Anfield
Sat. 24 12:45 UK Birmingham v Liverpool St Andrews Stadium
Wed. 28 19:45 UK Liverpool v Chelsea Anfield
Sun. 2 16:00 UK Liverpool v Chelsea Anfield

Tricky away games to Betis and Birmingham as well as what will probably be three of our most important home games of the season. If we get a good string of results here I'd back Liverpool for 2nd or 3rd this season and a QF-SF run in the Champions League. If we do poorly we'll probably be fighting for 4th place again.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
Eh.. you guys have it easy, our next few weeks are probably going to be our toughest run all season.

Tue. 13 19:45 UK Real Betis v Liverpool Estadio Manuel Ruiz de Lopera
Sun. 18 12:00 UK Liverpool v Man Utd Anfield
Sat. 24 12:45 UK Birmingham v Liverpool St Andrews Stadium
Wed. 28 19:45 UK Liverpool v Chelsea Anfield
Sun. 2 16:00 UK Liverpool v Chelsea Anfield

Tricky away games to Betis and Birmingham as well as what will probably be three of our most important home games of the season. If we get a good string of results here I'd back Liverpool for 2nd or 3rd this season and a QF-SF run in the Champions League. If we do poorly we'll probably be fighting for 4th place again.
I hope you do uz all a favour by beatin Chelsea in the league game. And honestly speakin I don't care who winz the UCL group.

Damn SBS don't show UCL gamez no mo. :(

And I want to go to the November game, but the high ticket price iz puttin me off.

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
What's the deal with SBS? Have they abandoned Australian football fans altogether for cricket? Here we finally have an Australian league worth watching that Johnny Warren and Les Murray have always spoke of longingly on TWG, and they don't have coverage rights. Not only are they not showing our own league, they've also now in consecutive years lost rights to the coverage Premier League and Champions League games. What reason could they possibly have for abandoning the fanbase they've built up over so many years of great service? The A-League may be expensive, but if they had obtained coverage rights, I'm sure close to every Australian would be watching it on SBS. Surely there's money to be made there.

It's bizarre, puzzling and pissing me off.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Benny_ said:
What's the deal with SBS? Have they abandoned Australian football fans altogether for cricket? Here we finally have an Australian league worth watching that Johnny Warren and Les Murray have always spoke of longingly on TWG, and they don't have coverage rights. Not only are they not showing our own league, they've also now in consecutive years lost rights to the coverage Premier League and Champions League games. What reason could they possibly have for abandoning the fanbase they've built up over so many years of great service? The A-League may be expensive, but if they had obtained coverage rights, I'm sure close to every Australian would be watching it on SBS. Surely there's money to be made there.

It's bizarre, puzzling and pissing me off.
Fox will just about always be able to pay higher prices than SBS...and Fox would more than likely prefer to have exclusive rights in australia, than share it with SBS

niall045

HSC
UEFA Champions League Fantasy League!!!!!!!!

Ive created a BOS private league. noticed there wasnt one already set up so here it is if u wanna join. Its very similar to the fantasy premier league but i think transfers are a bit different once the matches start, and there are other things different as group stages finish n at all the stages but ill figure it out as it goes.

Name: Bored of Studies
Code: 43483-7647

http://en.uclfantasy.uefa.com

Last edited:

Jimmy_B

HSC
lmfao at arsenal :D :D :D

there goes their title challenge, after 4 games too.

decent result for us too last night. a top 5 spot is definitely on the cards now. our squad looks awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)