The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
copious said:
Further comments on the Socceroo's performance, I think our passing was initially shocking because Holland were pressing us and made us have less room and time to play with. I dont think the Socceroo's have played with that type of pressure yet, I dont recall Uruguay and Greece doing it to us. But in saying that, I think this game regardless of the result will improve us, especially in our distribution of the ball. Because it was shocking in the first half, but when we came in the 2nd half we looked like a different team on the ball.
hey i mentioned this point too =D

Anyway, yes Sterjovski is an absolute nuffy! he makes good runs, but his crosses and through balls are never on target,

dam10

HSC
One week before the WC, Everything is going right for our boys, We are just missing poor old Harry, hopefully he will participate in the first match V Japan.

BTW, Brasil are very beatable!

HSC
not sure if it is the right place to put it, but if you bet $100 on the wc you get a free jersey - i dont encourage gambling, but its a cheap jersey.

centrebet.com

i dont know any more of the details, i can only find the ad that flashes around

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
my sharona said:
Hi all! :) *waves* nice to see most of you guys are still here.
Welcome back. Happy World Cup-ing. :wave:

Jimmy_B said:
if rafa was fit, who's place would he take in the starting lineup?
For a moment I thought you meant Rafa the Gaffe. That would’ve been fairly interesting.

bazookajoe said:
I think Van Bommel was played instead of van der Vaart, I could be wrong though
Yep, he did too, and thankfully so.

otay said:
Second best, after Timmy's goal. If my tele. didn’t have the video cable plugged in, I’d have some difficulty in distinguishing the Joga Bonito bloke from Rale Rasic.

dam10 said:
BTW, Brasil are very beatable!
I was going to agree, then I noticed the word ‘very’.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Just had to read about six pages of stuff since last night :)

P.S. I saw the ad for Fat Pizza's Da Vinci Code of Football .. or something like that .. it's on tonight at 9pm, SBS .. watch it, it looks funny!
Yeah, there was a fair bit of constructive spamming going on.

It’s not half-bad that Fat Pizza thing.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Sterjovski is an excellent player and does fit into the Socceroos squad quite nicely. The reason Sterjovski is there is that he can run off Viduka and create extra hassles for the opposing defence. You can put his poor crossing and passing down to a long absence from the squad - but then again, everyone's passing was shit. Guus knows what he is doing. He's not Frank Farina. And no, I'm not sticking up for the Macedonian :) - in fact, I don't particularly like him since he turned down playing for the Macedonian national team (who beat Turkey 1-0 this morning, by the way)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Komit said:
Sterjovski is an excellent player and does fit into the Socceroos squad quite nicely. The reason Sterjovski is there is that he can run off Viduka and create extra hassles for the opposing defence.
What were you smoking during the last two games that Sterjovski played for Australia? His passing and crossing are disgraceful. In my opinion, he didn't show even the slightest glimpse of quality in either last night's game or the game against Greece. I'm sure that many people who frequent this forum will agree. To put it quite bluntly, he is shithouse. If Guus simply needs someone with a bit of pace who can run off Mark Viduka...then even I could do the job. My passing and crossing are surely not any worse than Sterjovski's :).

stazi

Nightman
HSC
johnny_87 said:
Sportstab have awful odds. betandwin.com are still offering 3.65 for Brazil to win compared to just 2.90 for Sportstab. Betandwin.com also have much more options.
thats because sportstab update the odds quicker :p
it was at 3.65 as well before.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Japan are Asian heavyweightz, but will hardly make any side twitch.

South Korea lost 1-3 to Ghana, and Cote d'Ivoire had an impressive 3-0 victory over Slovenia. Tunisia also won recent warm up matchez. It lookz like the African teamz may again make a major impact on the tournament. Togo though, shouldn't be there.
why do you insist on typing like a three year old? If you can explain to me and justify your rationale behind typing like this, I'll leave you alone. I am sure the way you write pisses everyone off. What is the point of replacing an S with a Z?

- L1n -

HSC
matt#1 said:
What were you smoking during the last two games that Sterjovski played for Australia? His passing and crossing are disgraceful. In my opinion, he didn't show even the slightest glimpse of quality in either last night's game or the game against Greece. I'm sure that many people who frequent this forum will agree. To put it quite bluntly, he is shithouse. If Guus simply needs someone with a bit of pace who can run off Mark Viduka...then even I could do the job. My passing and crossing are surely not any worse than Sterjovski's :).

lol someone rates himself highly. What football club u play for again?

Jimmy_B

HSC
stazi said:
why do you insist on typing like a three year old? If you can explain to me and justify your rationale behind typing like this, I'll leave you alone. I am sure the way you write pisses everyone off. What is the point of replacing an S with a Z?
he's a manyoo fan. writing like a retard is just his way of letting everyone know about it.

HSC
Komit said:
Sterjovski is an excellent player and does fit into the Socceroos squad quite nicely. The reason Sterjovski is there is that he can run off Viduka and create extra hassles for the opposing defence. You can put his poor crossing and passing down to a long absence from the squad - but then again, everyone's passing was shit. Guus knows what he is doing. He's not Frank Farina. And no, I'm not sticking up for the Macedonian :) - in fact, I don't particularly like him since he turned down playing for the Macedonian national team (who beat Turkey 1-0 this morning, by the way)
Australia needs decent defenders, not attacking midfielders.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Australiaz willz getz pwnedz byz Japanz andz Brazilz. Coreaz willz winz thez Worldz Cupz inz 2006z.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)