The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
west ham off to a good start, coming from 1- 0 down to win 3 - 1. Zamora with a double and former Chelski boy Carlton Cole grabbing a 90 min sealer.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Haha both Liverpool and Arsenal dropped points at home, Arsenal in particular needin a late equaliser. Tottenham also suffered a loss. Not the best of starts eh?

We need to start well now to put pressure on the other sides.

kunny funt

Large Member
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Haha both Liverpool and Arsenal dropped points at home
liverpool was away to sheffield.

disappointing game. i thought fowler didnt play that well, should have started with pennant. jeez we really need dirk kuyt. crouch was prob rested coz of his game on wednesday for england.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Even better would be both of them losing, what a great weekend that would be!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Ivan Campo's goal was pretty special, the swirl on the ball completely wrong-footed Robinson.

So United have the early game. We have a good record against Fulham, and all we need to for the kunts to lose or draw, that would be the perfect start.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
we need more highlights on free to air ... why do they only show a few goals, they have 4 hours!! probably some contractual bullshit meh ... i miss the epl highlight show so bad ... anyone know what channel on "tvants" shows epl highlights and when?

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Try youtube and google video if you want highlights of most games.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
What a ridiculous game already, Man Utd up 4-0 after 20 minutes

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
5-1 final score, just the start we're lookin for. Not gettin ahead of ourselves but at least it puts the rest of the league on notice.

- L1n -

HSC
LMF^^ said:
5-1 final score, just the start we're lookin for. Not gettin ahead of ourselves but at least it puts the rest of the league on notice.

ahahhaha i bet sir alex is off the mood

drinks is on him tonight.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
What can I say?!? Absolute fucking brilliant performance by Man United! Just the start we needed. Saha and Rooney looked sharp up front, Ronaldo had a brilliant game, Scholes was his usual creative self and dominated the midfield, Evra covered very well in the absense of Heinze and the defence was also good (apart from the deflected own goal off the unfortunate Ferdinand). We will miss the influence of Scholes and Rooney in our next 3 matches as they were arguably our best players tonight...but I believe that we have more than enough quality to cover for them.

Chelsea is also starting well though:( . Chelsea 2-0 Man City at half-time.

Edit: Drogba scores. 3-0 to Chelsea.

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
You forgot to mention how shit Fulham played :p Abysmal performance once again

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Interestin thing about Steed Malbronque at Fulham, he's makin ridiculous wage demands which no club other than the Cunts will offer. To me he's one of their most important players and it's sad to see things like that. He ain't gon play any games until he backs down.

But both Rooney and Ronaldo were brilliant, especially the goal by Ronnie, superb stuff. It's been reported that Rooney may ditch the FA and all their activities, so they can't use his name and image. I guess that's fair enough, the FA didn't do anythin to show support for their most marketable player atm.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
On the whole Rooney/Scholes ban, i still find it incredible that gerrard was not also suspended..i know the ref didnt put it in his match report, but honestly there has to be some kind of general consensus and fair play, it seems like they were just targeting Rooney, and being Englands only hope, it seems really unfair. This just shows that Man Utd are still the mosted hated club, although ours is more to our success, than to the $ucce$$ shown by Chelski..

hachoo

HSC
Yay, they gave Drogba a go! Freakin Shevchenko should be kicked. As good as he is, Drogba has more style upfront.

Great Game Man U. Rooney and Ronaldo were good... unfortunately i had none in my dream team.... only had Ferdinand and he scored an own goal lol. Walcott first game... interesting.

Not sure if Ashley Cole is moving anymore. Chelsea signed Khalid Boulahrouz from Hamburg - Dutch International.

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Led-Zep said:
On the whole Rooney/Scholes ban, i still find it incredible that gerrard was not also suspended..i know the ref didnt put it in his match report, but honestly there has to be some kind of general consensus and fair play, it seems like they were just targeting Rooney, and being Englands only hope, it seems really unfair. This just shows that Man Utd are still the mosted hated club, although ours is more to our success, than to the $ucce$$ shown by Chelski..
....I fail to see the reasoning behind any of this.
Granted, referees may look at Rooney a little closer because he is agressive and prone to outbursts, but that does not mean they make decions differently than they would to anyone else.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
well its a fair bit suss that gerrard gets a red card, ref does not put it in his match report, and rooney gets one and he gets done..i dont see the reasoning behind this, and there cant be oh the ref forgot, that is unprofessional. And the FA should have backed rooney, ill b surprised if he plays for england this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)