The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Rooney will play for England, he just won't give the FA any support. So they can't use his image in their promotions and he won't appear at any sponsorship events involvin the FA and it's sponsors.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Oh what a beautiful day, we won 3-0 at The Valley wit Ole Solskjaer gettin on the scoresheet. But the best moment came at Middlesborough when Viduka scored a last min winner against the Cunts. The season is startin perfectly for us.

No joy for Hearts in the Champions League, but I just like to mention that Ajax got eliminated by FC Copenhagen, beaten 2-0 at home in Amsterdam. What an upset that is.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Arsenal through to the UCL group stages and Chelsea lose to Boro. Brilliant morning :D

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
in answer to politik's question earlier ...

Rodriguez signs Atletico contract extension

Argentina forward Maxi Rodriguez has agreed to extend his contract with Atletico Madrid until 2010, the Primera Liga club said on Wednesday. Maxi, who joined Atletico from Espanyol on a three-year deal in 2005, was the clubs second highest scorer with 10 goals last season.

"Atletico have been delighted with the players performance and the commitment he has shown since he joined the club," Atletico said on their website.

The 25-year-old, who is reported to have rejected an offer to move to Inter Milan, was a key member of Argentinas team at Germany 2006, ending the tournament as their joint top scorer with three goals.

kunny funt

Large Member
HSC
that goal he scored against mexico in extra time at the world cup was an absolute cracker.

awesome player.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Bolton 1-1 with Fulham because of a last minute penalty :(
Le sigh.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Yeah, and who's on top of the table? :D

I ain't gettin carried away though, but the form we're showin right now is a real positive for the team. We need to carry that form forward and do what Chelsea did for the last 2 seasons.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hope our man utd early form can prove my friend wrong
he said that man utd won't make top 4 this season, which i thought was absolute bullshit
viva la man utd

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
UCL draw has been made...Chelski & Barca together again, Reds are going back to Istanbul!

Group A
BARCELONA
Chelsea
Werder Bremen
Levski Sofia

Group B
INTER MILAN
Bayern Munich
Sporting Lisbon
Spartak Moscow

Group C
LIVERPOOL
PSV Eindhoven
Bordeaux
Galatasaray

Group D
VALENCIA
Roma
Olympiakos
Shakhtar Donetsk

Group E
REAL MADRID
Lyon
Steaua Bucharest
Dynamo Kiev

Group F
MANCHESTER UNITED
Celtic
Benfica
FC Copenhagen

Group G
ARSENAL
Porto
CSKA Moscow
Hamburg

Group H
AC MILAN
Lille
AEK Athens
Anderlecht

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Ole...Ole...Ole...Ole!!!!!!

Awesome win by Man United and great to see Solskjaer's name once again on the scoresheet. My gratitude also goes to Mark Viduka for his late winner against Chelsea! :).

The Champions League group for Man United also looks ok. In any case, we should avoid a repeat of last season's early exit. As we found out last season...Benfica are a pretty good side, but we should be able to overcome Celtic and especially FC Copenhagen with ease.

Hopefully the Chelski v Barca games wll be as entertaining as they always are.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Any idea if SBS still has the rights to Champions League matches?

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Didn't they just show semis onwards last year?

hachoo

HSC
Wow.... great draw for Liverpool and Man U in the champions league.

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Hope Werder comes out of A instead of Chelsea.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
Most of the groups look to be fairly easy, 'cept for A and B
Yeah, those two are defnitely the toughest groups but I think that Arsenal's group is pretty tough too. FC Porto, CSKA Moscow and Hamburg aren't exactly football superpowers, but they are all decent sides. As Mr Wenger stated: "Porto are dominating in Portugal and are always difficult to beat, CSKA have been dominating in Russia and Hamburg finished second in Germany after fighting with Bayern Munich until the end." Arsenal should still make it through to the last 16 though.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Tevez's agent has revealed that he is on the brink of a move to England, very interestin indeed. If he comes to United, it would certainly add depth to our squad, but we don't neccesarily need a forward right now.

About the Champions League draw, we're up against Benfica again which we should come out on top this time after the catastrophic end to our European campaign last season. Barca to play Chelsea again, how wonderful.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
matt#1 said:
Yeah, those two are defnitely the toughest groups but I think that Arsenal's group is pretty tough too. FC Porto, CSKA Moscow and Hamburg aren't exactly football superpowers, but they are all decent sides. As Mr Wenger stated: "Porto are dominating in Portugal and are always difficult to beat, CSKA have been dominating in Russia and Hamburg finished second in Germany after fighting with Bayern Munich until the end." Arsenal should still make it through to the last 16 though.
Except Hamburg finished third after Werder beat them on the last day of the season.:p

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Anelka to bolton and Martins to Newcastle
Keane to coach Sunderland and team up with Quinn again, should be interesting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)