The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
UEFA Super Cup
Barcelona 0 - 3 Sevilla

Impressive win for Sevilla over a full strength Barca side.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
RUB!X said:
Anelka to bolton and Martins to Newcastle
Keane to coach Sunderland and team up with Quinn again, should be interesting
Another shrewd transfer by Big Sam yet again. Allardyce can usually get the best out of trouble players, and this looks to be one of his biggest challenges yet. But if it pays off, Bolton finally have the goal scorer they need, and will easily be contending for a UEFA Cup at least

hachoo

HSC
I figured Inter would get rid of a striker after accepting Crespo, but Martins? Seems a little rash. Good/Great pick up by Newcastle

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Havnt seen him play before but like most African strikers Newcastle shall get a few good years out of him until he turns into a lump of poo like Kanu :p

If he's anything like Yakubu at Boro, he'll be an instant hitman.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
pool 2 ham 1
great goals by pool, agger's his first goal for the pool, and what a cracker

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
damn this is tight
man utd 1, watford 1
man utd better win this otherwise it would be a huge embarrassment

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Fucking fuck :(

Wenger's a moron for playing Hoyte instead of Flamini

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Yeah, and Hoyte shouldn't be given a chance to impress..? I think ppl call him the next Ashley Cole. Oh well I don't give a shit, Arsenal lost. :D

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Saha had a good game, looked as if he was given a role in the 'hole' ala Scholes and Rooney.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
bayern moving for van bommel, but apparently owen is still staying
arsenal lost against man city ffs, bottom of table ... hoyte instead of flamini? pls explain

hachoo

HSC
Barcelona embarrased by Sevilla..... only saw the highlights but one of their tall strikers took a damn good penalty.

Liverpool win again!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Yeah, and Hoyte shouldn't be given a chance to impress..? I think ppl call him the next Ashley Cole. Oh well I don't give a shit, Arsenal lost. :D
He's not the next anything, he's not even a natural left back. Flamini should be started as he performed well there last season, and if not him, Armand Traore can't possibly be any worse than Hoyte has been.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Hoyte was a pretty decent player in CM, and CM is known for its scoutin abilities. Players like Saviola and Riquelme were gods in CM01/02, and it reflected in real life too. Not all though, Tim Howard is a god in FM too.

But nonetheless, I don't believe Hoyte is that bad, at least no worse than Flamini. I thought Flamini is a natural midfielder anyway.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
omfg i just realised arsenal lost 1-0 to man city
gosh if they dont pick up their form, they will have almost no chance of gettin a top 4 spot

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Too early for that, they've still got 36 more games to play, plenty of points to pick up.

Is it me or does Chelsea always like to win in the ugliest of ways...? They're showin again why they're one of the most borin sides in the world. There was a shot of a Chelsea fan fallin asleep durin the game against Blackburn just then, truly priceless moment.

The Ballack-Lampard combo in midfield simply doesn't work, just like Gerrard and Lampard playin together. I can see em drop a lot more points in the comin games.

Oh well, let's just hope they get smashed by Barca in the Champions League and Bremen can pip em for the second spot.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Too early for that, they've still got 36 more games to play, plenty of points to pick up.

Is it me or does Chelsea always like to win in the ugliest of ways...? They're showin again why they're one of the most borin sides in the world. There was a shot of a Chelsea fan fallin asleep durin the game against Blackburn just then, truly priceless moment.

The Ballack-Lampard combo in midfield simply doesn't work, just like Gerrard and Lampard playin together. I can see em drop a lot more points in the comin games.

Oh well, let's just hope they get smashed by Barca in the Champions League and Bremen can pip em for the second spot.
Moruniho has said he is after results, not to entertain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)