The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
wow @ Friedel this week...

Everton.. interesting. Cahill scored :):)

Dissapointing for the gunners.

hachoo

HSC
Friedel two penalty saves and excellent goal keeping. MoM easily

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
bazookajoe, yea mourinho pretty much said that, but most commentators feel they are the best, and regardless, united are on top, winning, and they have done it without scholes and rooney, so everyone who predicted we would crash and burn, look at liverpool, tottenham, arsenal...whilst it wasnt convincing, it was a win wasnt it? all u have to do is look at the table.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Arsenal are playing Man Poo at Old Trafford at the worst possible time. They're playing absolutely horrid, whereas United are in good form. And now that Man U will be getting Scholes and Rooney back, Arsenal just seem doomed.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
Arsenal are playing Man Poo at Old Trafford at the worst possible time. They're playing absolutely horrid, whereas United are in good form. And now that Man U will be getting Scholes and Rooney back, Arsenal just seem doomed.
Currently, the EPL table is as follows;

Man Utd 4 12
Portsmouth 4 10
Everton 4 10
Chelsea 4 9
Aston Villa 4 8
Bolton 4 7
Fulham 4 7
West Ham 4 5
Liverpool 3 4
Man City 3 4
M'brough 4 4
Reading 3 3
Wigan 3 3
Newcastle 3 3
Tottenham 4 3
Charlton 4 3
Arsenal 3 2
Sheff Utd 4 2
Blackburn 4 2
Watford 4 1

:rofl: ...Whilst I am aware that it is very early in the season, it is still quite humorous to see Arsenal rooted towards the bottom of the table. Their form is woeful at best at the moment...but I expect that they will lift their game for the occasion when they meet Man United at Old Trafford. In particular, the partnership of Henry and Baptista upfront could prove to be a handful. Baptista is an absolute beast!

I would have to say that Manchester United are more than in good form, bazookajoe. This is Man United's best ever start to a season! Yes, perhaps we looked a bit flat against Tottenham...but the ability to be able to take all 3 points despite not playing well is the sign of a quality side. We were also able to win these games despite the absence of two key players in Rooney and Scholes.

Whilst I am fully aware that the EPL is not won in the first few weeks...our current form certainly suggests that we will be right up there come May next year. It is true that we had a similarly good start last season before falling behind Chelsea...but there seems to be a greater sense of hunger and determination amongst the players this season. With other key players, including Heinze, Vidic and Smith still yet to return...I am very confident that we can push Chelsea all the way this year. We should also considerably improve upon last year's dreadful performance in Europe.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Just be watching your backs....because Bolton's coming!
And did anyone see Bullard dislocate his knee? God it looked awful, but my respect for Parker grew immensely when Coleman said he went to see him at halftime to check how bad it was

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Arsenal needs to find some sort of form this week or hopefully Henry will carry.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Arsenal are always terrible away from home, while I don't expect an easy match, I do expect us to win reasonably well. They also have an away match against Hamburg in midweek, and after that we'll see whether they crash or bounce back. Some bookies have them listed at a shorter price than United, well we'll see about that.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Drogba dived again, and Lumparse doesn't have the balls to take a penalty again.

LMAO @ Inter, losin 1-0 to Sporting Lisbon.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Denilson is training with Portsmouth.
What a huge transfer that would be, one of the best wingers in the world (although he has last form as of recently) coming to a team which looks set to have a great season. Redknapp is a genius

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Some cracking goals in the CL this morning...Ronaldinho's effort against Levski was all class

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Man United v Celtic tomorrow morning. Can't wait. Ronaldo is suspended for the match, and Park is suffering from a slight knock. Rooney and Scholes are expected to return though...so I expect us to win quite easily.

I'll predict Man United 2-0 Celtic.

Jimmy_B

HSC

robbie1

HSC
Solid start to the Champions League from my team Liverpool. First clean sheet in a while and from all acounts we played pretty well.

I was happy that Gerrard only played 20 mins...we neeed him ready to take on Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Sunday. Did you see his volley hit the post from 25m out? Fuck me dead, 3rd time he has hit the post in 2 games...very unlucky.

Not the start we were looking for in the EPL. However, another 35 games to go so were not out of the title race yet. Man Utd look strong but they dont have Gerrard :)

By the way, just wanna share something special with you. This is a 30 second clip from Croatia....Dinamo Zagreb vs Arsenal in the Champions League qualifer a short while back. It was 0-0 until the 61st minute and ended up 3-0 to Arsenal. In the 2nd leg in London Dinamo led 1-0 for 70 odd minutes but went down 2-1....they are a decent side but with so little experience at this level and Arsenal is Arsenal after all....the result was never gonna be different. Dinamo is playing Auxerre in the UEFA Cup 1st round.

But have a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv0iq73i834

The BBB (Bad Blue Boys) always make a great hostile atmosphere...especially on European nights.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)