The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Solid start except for the bit where Liverpool failed to score.

^___^
HSC
robbie1 said:
However, another 35 games to go so were not out of the title race yet. Man Utd look strong but they dont have Gerrard :)
yeah, but we have rooney, c.ronaldo, carrick, giggs and scholes instead ;)

robbie1

HSC
No comments on my video? It puts the A League to shame and gives the bigger European leagues a run for their money.

robbie1

HSC

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Gunners up 1-0, United on even terms with Celtic and Porto/Moscow game is deadlocked too. Shaping up to be a good morning. :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Good dive by Van Persie to get the opposition goalkeeper sent off.

Fuck, we'll miss both Park and Giggs for 3 months and 3 weeks respectively, that's gonna hurt.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Ole Ole Ole Ole! Solskjaer is a legend. Good to see him score again at Old Trafford. It wasn't the most convincing display and our defence was a bit suspect....but I can't complain if we keep winning. :)

As for the injuries to Giggsy and Park...yeah, thats going to hurt. Who will play on the left wing? Probably Richardson. Thats a pretty big blow considering that Giggsy has been our best player of the season so far.

...and Rosicky's goal was an absloute cracker! No endless passing of the ball around the 18 yard box from that guy. Exactly what Arsenal need.

...As for Lyon...I was very impressed by their 2-0 victory over Madrid...but I think that it is a little bit unfair on Lyon to call it a major upset. Lyon also beat Madrid last season...and have proven what a quality side they are both domestically and in Europe over the past few seasons. Especially when taking into consideration that the big European clubs are always picking off their top talent.

I do understand that a club the size of Madrid would be expected to beat Lyon...but Lyon just continue to defy the odds every season. They are definitely one of the top few European sides at the moment.

Last edited:

Fast_heinz

HSC
I think AC could really creep through unnoticed...everyone's watching barca, chelsea, man u etc...though they don't deserve to be there

They have a comically easy pool and whilst not making the big buys of Inter/Barca (and losing Sheva) they still have an unbelievable midfield (with Pirlo, the 2nd best playmaker in the world behind Deco) and some pretty good finishers (although Gilardino is rubbish).

Lyon were impressive, but beating Real isn't really that impressive anymore...sure, they bought Cannavaro, Emerson and Diarra but it will take a lot longer to fix what has been a woeful defence basically since Makelele left

And if Rafa Benitez doesn't start putting Kuyt in his run on side, he's insane

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
And yet another victory for Portsmouth and keeping their opponents scoreless. Sensational start to the season

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I'm predicting Liverpool and Arsenal to find some sort of form and win their matches.

robbie1

HSC
my predictions for the 2 big games tonight:

Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool

Man Utd 2-1 Arsenal

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
for me chelsea 1, liverpool 0
manchester united 3, arsenal 1
man united to win and get back on top of the premiership table

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
First victory, Arsenal win 1-0 and without Henry and Persie as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)