The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

hachoo

HSC
As a Man U fan, don't dis Naka. He's a very good player for Celtic, one of the stars of the Scottish League. Great Goal. Man U just need to work harder.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
NAKA is the best!

Now you man u folk have to visit the Stadium of Light again... and we remember what happened last year, dont we?
Nah ManYoo is at home unfortunately, so will probly get the required point to scrape thru...

sk1001

HSC
eh, the problem with your team is that silly dancer.....

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
NAKA is the best!

Now you man u folk have to visit the Stadium of Light again... and we remember what happened last year, dont we?
Hm, we already did, and we won 1-0 there with Saha bein the scorer.

Gee where have you been all this time, and now you pop up just at the right time.

If you watched the game, we clearly didn't deserve to lose. Saha really pissed me off today, I can't believe the way he missed two sitters. But we're used to seein him miss chances like that, but he does score some great goals. Honestly, he needs to improve on his finishing and one-on-ones, he's a bit like Forlan, except he scored much more goals. Oh well, the perfect way to bounce back would be to score a hat-trick against Chelsea on Sunday. Can't wait.

InLimbo

HSC
Liverpool beat PSV 2-0. Let's hope this is a repeat of 2004-2005 with the whole piss poor effort in the league but victory in the Champions League. I'd settle for that.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Man United completely dominated possession in the first half and created a plethora of good chances. The winning free kick shouldn't have even been awarded...but to be fair it was an awesome strike by Nakamura. Yes, Saha missed the penalty and several easy chances...but I would prefer to blame our loss on the fact that the whole team just wasn't effective enough in the final third of the field. Ronaldo, in particular, absolutely destroyed the Celtic defence and on several occasions basically ran past players for the whole length of the field. He is simply awesome and if he can just add a little bit more vision and quality to his crosses...he will surely be the best player in the world.

Chelsea lost 1-0 to Werder Bremen as well...so both United and Chelsea are coming off losses in Europe before the big game. Can't wait to see us go 6 points ahead at the top of the league :D.

Last edited:

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Hm, we already did, and we won 1-0 there with Saha bein the scorer.

Gee where have you been all this time, and now you pop up just at the right time.

If you watched the game, we clearly didn't deserve to lose. Saha really pissed me off today, I can't believe the way he missed two sitters. But we're used to seein him miss chances like that, but he does score some great goals. Honestly, he needs to improve on his finishing and one-on-ones, he's a bit like Forlan, except he scored much more goals. Oh well, the perfect way to bounce back would be to score a hat-trick against Chelsea on Sunday. Can't wait.
Where have i been? Bidin' my time...

Watched the game through my hands in the first half, Gordie wrangled some good changes for the second half. Celtic may not have deserved to win the game, but neither did manchester. If you dont put the ball in the back of the net, you cant feel hard done by.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
InLimbo said:
Liverpool beat PSV 2-0. Let's hope this is a repeat of 2004-2005 with the whole piss poor effort in the league but victory in the Champions League. I'd settle for that.
Yeh the league title is out of reach now...picking up number 6 in Athens will do us fine :D

matt#1

HSC
N/A
What are your predictions for the big game tonight guys? It starts at 3am, but i'm certainly up for it! I think it will be a pretty cagey game, so i'm going to predict Man United 1-1 Chelsea, but obviously I hope we can cme away with all 3 points.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
i aint to confident, i rekon 2-0 to chelski, only cause of their depth. Id love a draw or united win but not confident enough,this will be our toughest test, excluding arsenal, for the whole season in epl, basically the winner of this game wins the league.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Led-Zep, us United fans have every reason to be confident. Yes, Chelsea has more depth than us...but only 11 players can play on the field at any one time. We are top of the table and playing a much better brand of football than they are. The game is also being played at Old Trafford (where we won 1-0 last season)...which is another factor in our favour.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
yes. hopefully we can WINNNNN.

69-0 thumping i reckon :p
okay. unrealistic. maybe 2-1. :)

chelsea score first. and then we make a comeback. hah.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Led-Zep said:
i aint to confident, i rekon 2-0 to chelski, only cause of their depth. Id love a draw or united win but not confident enough,this will be our toughest test, excluding arsenal, for the whole season in epl, basically the winner of this game wins the league.
You weren't confident even against Liverpool, so I guess that's a good sign. :D

I had a good day, so I have a very good feeling that we will win tonight, 3-0 to us with Saha gettin a hat trick...!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)