The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
rhcpfox1 said:
Im just praying we don't lose Henry...or Wenger for that matter.
But if one goes the other is fairly sure to follow.

Although I would like to see Baptista shown the exit door, Reyes denied entry to Ashburton grove (although that would suit him fine), Senderos sen-der-offed and possibly Ljunberg out.

As for ins maybe a defender who works with Toure, a look-in to the first team for Bendtner and a season without injuries...

one can hope...
I doubt Arsene will abandon Arsenal with his dream for the club unfinished. If Titi was leaving he would have done so last year as well.

Baptista is probably gone, no-one wants to buy Jose so he might come back. I'd love Reyes back, I've always had an unexplainable blindspot when it comes to him ;). Freddie is past it and I hope Hleb fucks off. They should both go.

Even then, we need a winger, two prefferably at the minimum. You could argue we don't need a new centre-back provided Phil or JD get a chance to prove themselves. I'm not writing Senderos off yet, he was outstanding in our European run last year, and worked really well with Kolo for the most part. It's 'the great' William Gallas, who's been playing like he doesn't want to injure himself out of a summer transfer who should go if we have to sell a defender.

A season without injuries is hopeful too. We need a bigger squad, because to be honest we have a lot of injury prone players.

We won't go anywhere near the league next season, we just don't have the money to adeqautely strengthen right now. Wait till Highbury Square is completed in 2009. The club estimates they'll make about 100-120 million profit out of the project. Then we'll have money to burn. Arsene's doing a great job keeping the team competitive untill then.

My main hope for the summer btw, is that Kroenke gets shown the middle finger from our shareholders.

SSaint

shoconomics
HSC
Thessalonius said:
Surely tomorrow morning's match will be much more exciting than the FA Cup Final.
It should be, depends if Milan play attacking football, cos you know Liverpool will be playing for pens. Though I think Milan will take it, they won't make the same mistake twice.

Raginsheep

HSC
HeCtic said:
I'd love Reyes back, I've always had an unexplainable blindspot when it comes to him ;).
I do too but he really needs to grow up mentally otherwise he'll end up at age 35 looking at a career pissed away.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I don't know why you would want Reyes back when he clearly has no heart in the club. Having him back would just undermine the team.

Not that I care, but he should just stay in Spain, just like the Crespo scenario, he should stay in Italy.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Well, I just have something to say.

6 times my arse.

The ref was crap, Liverpool was crap, Milan was pretty crap too. Gee I wished we faced this Milan side instead of the one that destroyed us at the San Siro.

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
lol what are you so angry about, Man U didnt have the legs for the fa cup, doubt they could do anything in the CL final.

We played well but didnt score, its happened before and we got caught again. Milan went back to their usual tactics, making the most of their chances.

I think Benitez was pretty pissed because he had Milan figured out. Its strange how we won 2 years ago but coudnt get through today even though we had a much better game.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
We lost the FA Cup because we were shite. Chelsea weren't much better but they scored and that's that. That was disappointing because we know we can play so much better than that.

This Milan team, I would say, is weaker compared to the one in 2005. Back then they had Sheva and Crespo up front, two world class strikers. Tonight they had Inzaghi up front alone with Kaka doing the support. Kaka was kept relatively quite, but still were involved in both goals. Rafa had it all figured out...? Perhaps, but nothing ever works out the way you planned it to be.

Mascherano was outstanding in midfield, probably Liverpool's best player on the night. Gerrard was crap, he must have forgot how to shoot. Volley on your left...? Must have thought he was Zidane or something. Could've shot with his left for the chance in the second half but was not good enough to do so, in the end can only produce a weak shot which Dida did well to cover. Overall Milan played the more effective game and that's why they won, kinda like how Chelsea would do it.

Crouch must be looking forward to showing off his loser's medal to Lampard now.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Haha, Scousers were talking with big balls before the game. They literally did jinx themselves from Benitez down to our very own forum trolls.

Oh, and it wasn't strange how you won three years ago but lost today. That had to be the biggest choke in world football, today Milan had a bit more cunt about them which got them over the line.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Oh, and Led-Zep are your f365 mates still wanking over Bale? Or have they stopped, with him being a Spud and all?

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
im not sure have u and ur gooners stopped wanking over clichy?

give him a break he is 17, and has great potential. gee i dont get how a 17 year old can be overrated, overhyped yes,but overrated come on. he isnt attracting all this attention for nothing, i wonder how many other 17 year olds are on the books of united, arsenal, spurs etc.

Freakster01

HSC
wat da hell.. 1st goal shuldnt even be a goal inzhagi so handball that.. wat da hell.. and i believe liverpool shuld deserve the victory. There defence, midfield and attack were much better than of milan. and i believe lots of decision that the ref called was goin milans way, neva liverpools way. extra time period shuld've been longer due to the crying of inzaghi and gattuso. We neva got the whole 3 minute of play during the time added on. i have more to say but im not bothered no more.. next year liverpool supporters next year mate we'll get it back of them you guys just wait =D

You'll never walk alone - Liverpool FC

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Liverpool didn't win and now all the excuses are coming in, typical Scouser trolls.

For one, Liverpool was not better than Milan. The ref was shit, but still there was not favouritism in his calls anyway. Milan had some dodgy decisions against them too, and Kewell took a dive and was lucky not to get booked. Obviously there were some time wasting play acting towards the end, but any team will do the same in that position.

Destiny, the famous old cliche used so often by you kunts, is exactly what it is. Milan took revenge, and deservedly so. This is kinda like what I had hope for. Liverpool were dominant in the first half and got owned by a dodgy goal, that is payback for the dive Gerrard took last time. Sweet revenge indeed.

Next season...? Play better in your own backyard first.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I don't like Liverpool, let me get that straight. But I thought Liverpool played much better then Milan, expecially in the first half. But thats not to say that Milan played shit, they still played well.

I had no problem with any of the goals.

Ref was alright, not shit, he did made some good decisions and also over-ruled his shit linesmen.

Fair result but Liverpool did play better

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
politik said:
Translation of all these posts: Shit game.

Mascherano destroyed Kaka though. As soon as he came off, Kaka set up that goal.
Not really a shit game. It was better than every Chelsea Liverpool game.

Mascherano didn't really destroy Kaka, he still had his moments. Even when he didn't have his best game, he was still good enough to beat Liverpool. Truly great player.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Not really a shit game. It was better than every Chelsea Liverpool game.

Mascherano didn't really destroy Kaka, he still had his moments. Even when he didn't have his best game, he was still good enough to beat Liverpool. Truly great player.
IT WAS WAY BETTER THAN THE FA-CUP FINAL !!! FUCK..

Mascherano OWNED KAKA.. he barely got any space. Seedorf hardly saw the ball.

Just feel that Rafael's tactics were crap in the game, Starting with Zenden? And not starting with Crouch?.. Pennat was good.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Manchester United have signed Nani (winger) from Sporting Lisbon and Anderson (attacking midfielder) from Benfica. These two players are both very promising young talents and Fergie is probably looking to them to eventually replace Giggsy and Scholes.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
damn it beat me to it matt!

i have to say i cant beleive it, i thought we'd get nani and owen, but never thought we would approach anderson! he is immense, and at such a young age has plenty of time to develop. i am very excited by this news, i just want the hargreaves deal to be secured and thats done and done. good business by united, i would have also liked a defender but i suppose we have to let players go now, so im tipping silvestre, richardson, and either saha or heinze (id hate to let gab go). well done united that is awesome and took me by surprise

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Anderson is from Porto, not Benfica.

I have to say that we're all pleasantly surprised with such news, seeing that these two players are among the highest rated in Europe. Nani will no doubt be the replacement to Giggs, and Anderson will allow Scholes to sit deeper and continue his majestic passing game. With the completion of the Hargreaves deal, our squad probably has the same level of depth as Chelsea's.

We don't need another defender really, we've got plenty in cover already. Pique, Evans, Bardsley and them are all coming back from loans, so the options are there.

I'm still unsure about whether or not we need another striker. We've been linked to Huntelaar, whom I quite like as he's from Heerenveen, but given the number of forwards we have right now I don't see how that can be a good thing. Rossi will come back too, so really, I just don't know what to feel.

Nevertheless, it's good to wake up to such good news.

hachoo

HSC
Anderson doesn't look too bad on the wing even. His speed and left foot could mean he can play wings. What an excellent deal. All for apparantly less than 30 mil. That's quality. Chelsea can't match that.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
lmf in regards to defenders i think united need a proven squad player, kinda a wes brown type player, just in case we have another vidic/neville/silvestre/evra situation. whilst pique will be awesome, bardsley and evans arent proven and i think we could do with a decent back up really.

as for upfront, if we do get someone i think we need to let go off saha/smith. i dont see us signing a forward if we dont let some guys go. im not sure bout huntelaar he is good, but lacks pace which is what fergie wants, personally i wouldnt be to displeased with mccarthy from rovers, he is quick and is proven in epl. plus have him for a couple seasons cant be bad. then we can focus on a new younger replacement, eg torres.

i havent been this excited since we got rooney in, and its looking like a very good squad, i just wonder if either nani/anderson will be loaned out or on bench, i mean in middle we have now, scholes/carrick/anderson/flethcer/hargreaves(will be completed in a week). and i think with anderson it will mean no carrick/scholes one of them will miss out imo. but its great, i was very shocked this morning to hear this. looks like an even more attacking, flowing team for next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)