The Official Football Thread 2007/08 (1 Viewer)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Re: Man utd + UEFA cup

blakegman said:
And arsenal is full of wanker players.

Imagine having to hang out with Adebayor or Bendtner
Err don't you support Chelsea?

Gael Clichy

HSC

blakegman said:
Why play for the gunners if you can play for AC Milan, better chance at trophy imo. Plus wenger is a tight cunt so he prob wasnt on huge money. And arsenal is full of wanker players.

Imagine having to hang out with Adebayor or Bendtner
AC are a bigger club and are offering him more than double what we were offering him. Not worried by him leaving and have nothing against him leaving.

I hope Hleb fucks off too, good god 11 goals in 3 years and not many more assists. Replace him with someone who isn't a complete waste of space and maybe we'll be a far better team.

Oh, and the Chelsea fan shouldn't be talking about having likeable players in your squad. The biggest collection of tosspots I've ever seen.

Gael Clichy

HSC

Yung Capone said:
Im a gunner myself and we do need players. rite now wenger is thinking of signing Hatem Ben Arfa but wtf is it with him and getting inexperienced young players. Jst 3-4 years ago we had players like Viera, Henry, Lauren, Campbell, Pires, Cole, Ljunberg, Bergkamp etc but atm there is no1 who can lead the team effectively. As for Wenger being a tite-ass is an overstatement considering the amount of money hes paid for players over the years. He bought Sylvain Wiltord for 12.8 Million, a player whos contract only extended over 2 years. We got quality players but unlike other teams we lack on-field leadership. Adebayor is good, but he has got to be one of the most inconsistent players in the premiership atm. We need him to be performing every match week in week out.
Manu has 30 goals this season, what more do you want from a 24 year old striker? He went through one bad patch and all of a sudden our form dropped because guys like Hleb and Eboue couldn't score the goals. Can't rely on one player to carry you every game all year.

Stop dreaming about the Invincibles too, that team peaked at that point and Wenger had to do a job replacing them with us building a new stadium which meant he had no cash to do it with. Done a great job so far, but it's worrying now that he won't spend shit even though we finally do have some funds available.

gouge.away said:
As for money, Sagna and Eduardo weren't exactly big money when they came in, but before injury they were fucking awesome and Flamini was a free transfer. And every team has its share of fucktards. I'd hang out with Ade or Bendtner rather than Drogba or C.Ronaldo.
Yeah, it's not about how much you spend but who you spend it on, Bacary is the best fullback in England and only cost 7mill, and before injury Eduardo had already won us 3 matches off his back and was looking like he could be excellent with Adebayor. It's just Arsene has too much faith in guys we have currently and doesn't think we need replacements, hopefully Flamini and Hleb leaving and us throwing the league away will change his thinking.

Oh and been lurking here for a while, how many Arsenal fans do we got on here?

blakegman

HSC
N/A

bazookajoe said:
Err don't you support Chelsea?
Drogba and A.Cole maybe.

Who else is more of a wanker then usual from chelsea ?

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A

Gael Clichy said:
It's just Arsene has too much faith in guys we have currently and doesn't think we need replacements, hopefully Flamini and Hleb leaving and us throwing the league away will change his thinking.

Oh and been lurking here for a while, how many Arsenal fans do we got on here?
one can hope. not many people would turn down someone like david villa.

I don't really hang around this part of the forum but there are a few gooners, but I don't think enough to outnumber liverpool and man u fans.

Last edited:

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A

jazzbaby said:
manchester all the way baby :D
that better not be just because of cristiano ronaldo.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A

Wow, all of a sudden we have Arsenal supporters comin out of the closets. Very very nice! :)

How can you blame Flamini for leaving. Arsenal didn't offer him the money, Milan paid more than double the wages for him than Arsenal. It wasn't like 5000 pounds which Cashley whinged about. He's gotta look after himself and his family, can't call him a mercenary for that.

As for the kunts in Chelsea, Mikel has to be the biggest wanker there. Ben Haim is also a dirty kunt, he even injured Cech, his own teammate!

Arsenal currently have a wage structure in place, and that is why they can't sign any big names atm. They have 300+million pounds of debt, and it'll take a while to write that off. But that is nothing compared to Man United's debt though, which is close to 800million pounds. Even though we are the most profitable football club in the world this year, we also have the highest amounts of debts. Fucking Glazers, what the fuck are you doing with the club's money? 800mil of debt is just too unsustainable and that could drag us down the drain. Something needs to be done about it, but my guess is they'll just look for some buyer to buy the club and pay that massive debt off.

blakegman

HSC
N/A

All clubs have their wankers, my point was more that those 2 players seem to be disliked even by their own teammates, where as most wankers at other clubs seem to get along (so it seems) anyway. Just an observation. not like any of the big 4 clubs are full of saints really.

anyway 800 million pounds holy shit. Spent on what ?

Gael Clichy

HSC

LMF^^ said:
Arsenal currently have a wage structure in place, and that is why they can't sign any big names atm. They have 300+million pounds of debt, and it'll take a while to write that off. But that is nothing compared to Man United's debt though, which is close to 800million pounds. Even though we are the most profitable football club in the world this year, we also have the highest amounts of debts. Fucking Glazers, what the fuck are you doing with the club's money? 800mil of debt is just too unsustainable and that could drag us down the drain. Something needs to be done about it, but my guess is they'll just look for some buyer to buy the club and pay that massive debt off.
Next year we have the Highbury Flats and Brisbane Road developments finished off which they are estimating will make the club between 160-200m pounds straight up (depending on the state of US interest markets). And our debt payments are only 15-20m per year with a fixed rate. Financially we're fine and our chairman Hill-Wood says there's plenty of money if we want to spend it. Way different to your and Liverpools problems.

Problem is Wenger treats Arsenal's money like he would treat his own money and wants to take the safest route possible in the long term.

That said I'm not worried about Flamini leaving, he didn't go behind our backs or trash the club in public like Hleb and Cashley did and went to one of the greatest clubs in the world. Gave 100% every game and at this time last season we would've been happy to sell him to Birmingham or whoever. I reckon he can be replaced, I'm more worried about our centre backs, who I believe cost us the league this year. Soft goals and the reliance on injury prone players like Rosicky and van Persie are the problem and I hope Wenger has seen enough to sort them.

Gael Clichy

HSC

gouge.away said:
one can hope. not many people would turn down someone like david villa.

I don't really hang around this part of the forum but there are a few gooners, but I don't think enough to outnumber liverpool and man u fans.
Villa's a good player but we're not signing him. We probably don't need a forward either with Theo and Bentdner continuing to up their games, but then again last summer I thought we didn't need a right back and Sagna came in.

But please Arsene sign a first-team ready Centre back next season. At least one proper player please.

Oh and Diego to replace Hleb too :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A

blakegman said:
anyway 800 million pounds holy shit. Spent on what ?
Well the actual figure is 765million, of which 500million is Glazer's borrowed funds when he took over the club. It rose from 641million pounds last year. With such a high debt level, the interest accumulated will surely be a significant amount. There are also 425million of loans secured against the assets of the club, which means the creditors can still pursue to club for debts even after the Glazers walk away.

Gael Clichy said:
Next year we have the Highbury Flats and Brisbane Road developments finished off which they are estimating will make the club between 160-200m pounds straight up (depending on the state of US interest markets). And our debt payments are only 15-20m per year with a fixed rate. Financially we're fine and our chairman Hill-Wood says there's plenty of money if we want to spend it. Way different to your and Liverpools problems.
Well money available for transfers is completely different to having money for player wages. As soon as Arsenal sign a big name player with big wages, others in the squad would be asking for the same too. Rosicky will ask for a raise, so will Fabregas, so will Adebayor, and so on. In a way this could jeopardise Arsenal's financial position. I've read before the Arsenal would take around 10-20 years to pay off that debt, which is fine. But there is something there within the club which is preventing Wenger from spending, that is for sure. I'm not aware of those developments being made by Arsenal but it'll be hard to imagine how those can make the club hundreds of millions just like that.

blakegman

HSC
N/A

Yeah Arsenal don't want to be the new Chelsea.

$50,000 a week for steve sidwell lol

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC

blakegman said:
All clubs have their wankers, my point was more that those 2 players seem to be disliked even by their own teammates, where as most wankers at other clubs seem to get along (so it seems) anyway.
Drogba and Ballack?

jazzbaby

HSC

gouge.away said:
that better not be just because of cristiano ronaldo.

lol its not JUST because of c ronaldo ..but yeah thats part of the reason. haha

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A

blakegman said:
Yeah Arsenal don't want to be the new Chelsea.

$50,000 a week for steve sidwell lol
Chelsea are the only side in the world that will allow players who aren't even used to be sitting on uber-inflated wages. Shevchenko is earning 120k a week, and he plays like 5 mins every week.

Arsenal had the money, Henry was one of the highest paid players in the Premiership. Now he's gone, and Arsenal got a pretty good deal out of him, but still Arsenal aren't willing to to spend? Where's the money gone? The flats at Highbury will still take time, but surely Arsenal still have money to spend right? If not, then there's some serious things going on behind the scenes that Wenger has not mentioned. How can they not even compete against Milan on wages? Flamini was earning only 30k a week, and they only offered him 50k while Milan offered him 80k + sign on fee? I don't know if Arsenal are still a big club, but if they're building then they certainly need to keep hold of their best players, and Flamini has certainly been one of their best this season.

blakegman

HSC
N/A

bazookajoe said:
Drogba and Ballack?
Yeah i thought i mentioned that in a previous post, maybe not. They seem to get along outside of the game well enough so i think it was an isolated incident. But drogba is a cunt ur right.

AS for what the other poster said, i've seen torres miss a lot of goals too, drogba is usually pretty clinical in front of goal when hes healthy.

And there is no way villa would score 45. not even 35 in a good year.

Gael Clichy

HSC

LMF^^ said:
Arsenal had the money, Henry was one of the highest paid players in the Premiership. Now he's gone, and Arsenal got a pretty good deal out of him, but still Arsenal aren't willing to to spend? Where's the money gone? The flats at Highbury will still take time, but surely Arsenal still have money to spend right? If not, then there's some serious things going on behind the scenes that Wenger has not mentioned. How can they not even compete against Milan on wages? Flamini was earning only 30k a week, and they only offered him 50k while Milan offered him 80k + sign on fee? I don't know if Arsenal are still a big club, but if they're building then they certainly need to keep hold of their best players, and Flamini has certainly been one of their best this season.
The money is there, but next season due to the property development (There was a club statement which said only a handful of flats remained unsold) we'll have our debt more or less halved and will have a lot of available free cash to spend.

Milan offered Flamini 80k per week AND his transfer fee, which amounts to something like 144k per week. Berlusconi being the moral man he is has made sure Mathieu won't be paying too many taxes, we offered him what Arsene felt he was worth and he said he wanted to go to one of Europes great clubs. He also has Italian heritage so the lure of playing there would have been great too.

As long as we have a manager with a Masters in Economics we'll always err o the side of caution, but thankfully he's still capable of building a side which will challenge for trophies and has challenged for trophies this season. Mathieu's a big loss, but we've absorbed the loss of bigger and better players than him before and he'll be replaced no doubt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)