The Official Football Thread 2007/08 (1 Viewer)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Re: Man Utd Won!!

aMUSEd1977 said:
It was slippery as fuck. Worst time to fall over in history >_<
Except that 13 other players who took the penalty kick didn't slip at all.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Re: Man Utd Won!!

Because he leaned back and tried to place it instead of doing his job and thumping it into the back of the net. Thought he was Henry or something.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Seriously, 2nd in the Premier League and runners up in the Champions League and he gets sacked. The Chelsea board are so arrogant and stuck up. They have no consideration for the long term investment. All they care about is the short term rewards. Disgraceful.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Aplus said:
Seriously, 2nd in the Premier League and runners up in the Champions League and he gets sacked. The Chelsea board are so arrogant and stuck up. They have no consideration for the long term investment. All they care about is the short term rewards. Disgraceful.
stupid, penalty shootouts have very little to do with managers.

Felix Jones

HSC
Man united....yeah.....woot woot go us go us...but honestly bl to terry....

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Grant was pretty shit imo. With a sauwd like that your bound to win most games. His lack of quality showd after half time, when he consistently made shitty subs. And bad tactics, anelka as LW wtf ? no SWP ?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
aliyosufi said:
reckon chelsea could raise 200 million if they sell
drogba, anelka, kalou, ben haim, pizzaro, sidwell, ferreria, maluoda, shevckenko,
200million what? Only Drogba would be able to fetch them a fair amount of money. Kalou can sell for pretty good too but the other ones wouldn't be worth much. Sidwell, probably worth a couple of million.

blakegman said:
Grant was pretty shit imo. With a sauwd like that your bound to win most games. His lack of quality showd after half time, when he consistently made shitty subs. And bad tactics, anelka as LW wtf ? no SWP ?
Anelka plays on the wings because Drogba doesn't want a strike partner. Why do you think Shevchenko never got a chance? Drogba came to Chelsea because of Mourinho's style, which is have the target man as the focal point of attack. Drogba is the perfect player for that style of football. But unfortunately that means all the other attackers have to go to wider positions, which diminishes their effectiveness. Grant can't change that during such a short period of time, and he can't change it since this was what brought success to Chelsea over the past few seasons. Who's fault is that? Not Avram Grant's. Roman Abramovich has got some scummy friends, and they must be making heaps of money out of him by having all these player and manager transfers. The Chelsea football club is a fucking joke.

Shaun Wright-Phillips is nothing special either, the moment where he could've done something is to score against Arsenal at The Emirates, which he didn't. He hasn't lived up to his price tag, could be sold in the summer anyway. All I hope is Hiddink doesn't take over, because a man like Hiddink deserves better than having to manage a circus club like Chelsea.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
200million what? Only Drogba would be able to fetch them a fair amount of money. Kalou can sell for pretty good too but the other ones wouldn't be worth much. Sidwell, probably worth a couple of million.

Anelka plays on the wings because Drogba doesn't want a strike partner. Why do you think Shevchenko never got a chance? Drogba came to Chelsea because of Mourinho's style, which is have the target man as the focal point of attack. Drogba is the perfect player for that style of football. But unfortunately that means all the other attackers have to go to wider positions, which diminishes their effectiveness. Grant can't change that during such a short period of time, and he can't change it since this was what brought success to Chelsea over the past few seasons. Who's fault is that? Not Avram Grant's. Roman Abramovich has got some scummy friends, and they must be making heaps of money out of him by having all these player and manager transfers. The Chelsea football club is a fucking joke.

Shaun Wright-Phillips is nothing special either, the moment where he could've done something is to score against Arsenal at The Emirates, which he didn't. He hasn't lived up to his price tag, could be sold in the summer anyway. All I hope is Hiddink doesn't take over, because a man like Hiddink deserves better than having to manage a circus club like Chelsea.
Since when was Drogba coach ? Any coach worth his salt would have told drogba to stfu and done whatever formation he wanted. With 2 great strikers it should have been a 4-4-2. SWP is a better winger then kalou. he makes shit happen. Not worth 13.5 million, but worth at least a sub or start every now and then. He didnt even get a look in. I can think ofg a coupleof man utd players who got a run ore then him who are worse.

Ill agree abramovich is getting fucked, but what can u do. He owns the club. it's his money. eventually hell wake the fuck up and realise u cant just buy trophies forever.

Drogba is worth 30 million i would think. the rest 3-10 ish.

Dont think hiddink will take the job, probably be mancini or rijkaard.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
blakegman said:
Since when was Drogba coach ? Any coach worth his salt would have told drogba to stfu and done whatever formation he wanted. With 2 great strikers it should have been a 4-4-2. SWP is a better winger then kalou. he makes shit happen. Not worth 13.5 million, but worth at least a sub or start every now and then. He didnt even get a look in. I can think ofg a coupleof man utd players who got a run ore then him who are worse.
Drogba is the leading talisman for Chelsea. Where would they be without him? Can Grant change a team's playing style mid-season after they have played that way for 3 seasons? It probably isn't impossible, but it's highly difficult. Hiddink did it, but how many can be on the same level as him.

Chelsea bought SWP for 20million, and Kalou has been better than him. Kalou creates chances and scores goals. SWP runs and runs some more. He's probably got the talent, but he's just another overrated English player. I wonder which one of the United players you're thinking of, because I honestly can't think of anyone who can be worse than SWP who plays in a similar position and has played more often. If you're referring to Park, then you're wrong, because Park took us to Moscow. If you're referring to Nani, then you're also wrong, because Nani won us games. If you're referring to Ronaldo, then you must be Ian Wright.

Like I said, it's likely that he'll be sold anyway. Losing Robben to Madrid probably cost Chelsea quite a few goals throughout the season too.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
Drogba is the leading talisman for Chelsea. Where would they be without him? Can Grant change a team's playing style mid-season after they have played that way for 3 seasons? It probably isn't impossible, but it's highly difficult. Hiddink did it, but how many can be on the same level as him.

Chelsea bought SWP for 20million, and Kalou has been better than him. Kalou creates chances and scores goals. SWP runs and runs some more. He's probably got the talent, but he's just another overrated English player. I wonder which one of the United players you're thinking of, because I honestly can't think of anyone who can be worse than SWP who plays in a similar position and has played more often. If you're referring to Park, then you're wrong, because Park took us to Moscow. If you're referring to Nani, then you're also wrong, because Nani won us games. If you're referring to Ronaldo, then you must be Ian Wright.

Like I said, it's likely that he'll be sold anyway. Losing Robben to Madrid probably cost Chelsea quite a few goals throughout the season too.
Robben was great, but always injured.

I didnt really mean wingers at Man utd. Was more thinking of players like o shea and fletcher. But your right that probably isnt really relevant.

further consideration i will also agree on Kalou's quality, but i still rate SWP as a player, not a brilliant player, but he is a spark out there, which is what is needed at a club like chelsea with the type of football they have been playing. Certainly a better winger then anelka.

The fact that grant couldnt change their style shows that he failed under abramovich law. Everybody knew he is fucking off at the end of the season so they shouldnt have put up with his shit. Drogba seems to play better when he has a point to prove too.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
aMUSEd1977 said:
Wouldn't mind Hiddink
Hiddink's agent has just ruled his client out saying hes wth Russia until 2010. Cant imagine ambramovich would want him either, he does after all pay most of his wages to coach Russia so he is clearly passionate about that.

Whether you believe it i guess is a different story, but i can't see it happening

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Rijkaard seems like a good bet.

Also lol at people saying someone betting 10k has a problem

blakegman

HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
Rijkaard seems like a good bet.

Also lol at people saying someone betting 10k has a problem
I'm sure he's not exactly Kerry Packer, 10 k at his age would probably be close to his net worth, pretty stupid to put it all on one soccer gme dont you think ?

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Oh well obviously if it's his net worth...I wouldn't say he has a problem, moreso that he's a fucking idiot. Although I guess that IS a problem.

I mean at least pick a game with like, Derby or something :p

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
I mean at least pick a game with like, Derby or something :p
Yeah obviously a game against Derby will have great odds. :rolleyes:

Well Deschamps has put his hand up for the Chelsea job. But I still think Rijkaard will get the job simply because Ten Cate is there. Those two were together when Barca enjoyed their successful spell a couple of seasons before. If Abramovich wants attacking football, Frank's the man.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
So Mourinho is taking over at Inter. Interesting. But I have to admit I feel for Mancini. 3 consecutive Scudetti (albeit one was won on default and the other won with handicap) and still get the sack. One wonders what really needs to be done by managers nowadays.

Mancini's a nice bloke, and maybe that's why some of the ego-centric Inter players just can't be handled by him.

Wonder what will happen if Mourinho fails to win the title next season... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)