The Official "I GOT THE JOB!!!:D:D" Thread (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i got offered a job as a poll assistant person on election day today. :D i'm totally accepting it. nearly 300 bucks for one day's work, hell yeah.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yesterday I got the job at Robot Meets Alien, which is a non-traditional advertising agency. Some of their clients include Xbox, Canvas, and soon, Samsung.

Manage to negotiate my way up to $750/week :D Bloody amazing entry-level wage in advertising.

This will allow me to save up heaps before I head to Singapore for two months to do my internship as an assistant brand manager for Procter & Gamble. That will pay about $1,000/week.

I'll then probably continue working part-time at the advertising agency to save up more money. Then i'll blow it all on smack.

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i got offered a job as a poll assistant person on election day today. :D i'm totally accepting it. nearly 300 bucks for one day's work, hell yeah.
Ooh. I'm so envious of you. :eek:

MikiRei

HSC
Two internships
First one starting this December at Deloitte as an Analyst (though from what I've heard from the employees, it seems like they're gonna try use my like two people. Developer AND Analyst - just not on the same project o.0)
Second one's the 6 month internship with Cisco Systems. Still waiting for the contract (lol). All I know is I'll possibly be working as a consultant. *shrug*

xxPanDa

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
WOAH! i want to work there to!
where do i apply? could u please give me a link?

i dunno if will get the job..
Is there any specific skills u mentioned? or job experience that you had?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
xxPanDa said:
WOAH! i want to work there to!
where do i apply? could u please give me a link?

i dunno if will get the job..
Is there any specific skills u mentioned? or job experience that you had?
go to the AEC website and fill in a temporary employment application form. you should probably get it to your local office ASAP if you want a job 'cause a lot of positions will have been filled by now but give it a shot anyway.

edit: you don't need any experience, they're just looking for extra people to count and sort ballots and mark off the roll and control the queues and all that stuff, it's a long boring day but the money is worth it

waysted

HSC
i just got a job at coles for christmas casual :)
does anyone know if we have to buy a shirt or do they supply them?
thanks

HSC
I think I've been offered a job working as an allrounder office person at a small textbook supplying business in Parramatta. Its 2-3 days a week over the uni holidays.

I sent in my application at 3:00pm, and recieved the offer by telephone at 6:00 :X

breakout-09

Awesomeness
HSC
Well, I managed to get a job at a furniture store and a bar, a week before schoolies, and both seem to want me back afterwards too. I'm happy :D

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Post Production Assistant job at Converse Media. Pays good ($25-30/hour), editing together TV/web/other commercials, promos, event docos.

Actually it's not as interesting as it sounds, but hey, $200/day for sitting on my ass is pretty sweet.

Last edited:

morganforrest

HSC
Job at Millennium Health Club (gym) in Hornsby. 1st job - pays $17/hour with $18/hour after three months there.....win!

Also Numberworks...

...and builders labourer in holidays....$150/day

For someone without experience I get paid quite well :)

jannny

HSC
I got a job at BIG W! heh, recovery associate only casual..

I wonder how many hours I will get per week..

Chris.

HSC
i got an email from maccas saying i got the casual job...they said they'll call me within 7 days to notify me of my first training day....its the 7th day and nothing. should i call them 2morow?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Chris. said:
i got an email from maccas saying i got the casual job...they said they'll call me within 7 days to notify me of my first training day....its the 7th day and nothing. should i call them 2morow?
yes, if they don't call you by then.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Working @ Cotton On as Prime Timer over the next 2 weeks...just for something different.

Then work at a financial planning firm for 6 weeks when they get back from Xmas. Just want some experience and was originally willing to come in free for a few days, but one of the directors told me they cant do that (NSW IR Laws). So I negotiated to $20/hour as an Assistant Para Planner.

When uni starts back, I will start as an IT Support Rover in the uni library at the 24/7 computer labs on the bottom floor.
Pays $26/hour. Probably around 15-20 hours per week, and its quite an easy job. Probably stoked most about landing this job, as there were only 5 positions from 200 applicants.

So my schedule is fairly full until uni starts back, which is what I intended. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)