The Official "I GOT THE JOB!!!:D:D" Thread (1 Viewer)

mountainman

HSC
I went around putting some flyer things in peoples letter boxes saying I was after casual work... didn't think it would work but I ended up getting the best paying job I've ever had after only putting out 10 flyers- $20/hour for a dumb fuck farmhand like me is pretty bloody good considering I'm usually on around $8-$10/hour, and I have been as low as $6/ hour (I only stayed with that guy a week, wasn't even worth getting out of bed for)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
cotton on never called me for a shift. nor did they return any of my calls/emails. i went in to the store to talk about it, got told manager was on break, did i want to wait. since i had to be somewhere else very soon i said no and left. im pretty pissed off. my contract effectively ends tomorrow. and since i was told quite explicitly that i would be called BY THEM for a shift, not the other way round, im not wasting my time any more chasing it up. its not my responsibility. so instead of making a reasonable amount of money over the holidays im broke and unemployed and as far as i can tell noone in my local area will be hiring again till like february. i mean, i have things to occupy my time till then, but ugh. ive got like 7 bucks in my account again. fuck you cotton on. fuck you hard with something long and pointy.
/rant

Last edited:
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
cotton on never called me for a shift. nor did they return any of my calls/emails. i went in to the store to talk about it, got told manager was on break, did i want to wait. since i had to be somewhere else to be very soon i said no and left. im pretty pissed off. my contract effectively ends tomorrow. and since i was told quite explicitly that i would be called BY THEM for a shift, not the other way round, im not wasting my time any more chasing it up. its not my responsibility. so instead of making a reasonable amount of money over the holidays im broke and unemployed and as far as i can tell noone in my local area will be hiring again till like february. i mean, i have things to occupy my time till then, but ugh. ive got like 7 bucks in my account again. fuck you cotton on. fuck you hard with something long and pointy.
/rant
The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago with Sanity. I don't know about you, but I had to travel an hour and a half each way for an induction that I was never paid for, I bought a uniform (well black pants which I did wear again and a black top which probably ended up at an op shop) and still never ended up with any shifts. I sent numerous emails and went into the store a few times to ask when my training would be. I thought that it was just me (since the other girl going to that store was working heaps) but I've heard a few stories about retail chains hiring xmas casuals and not giving them any shifts. I may not overly like the job I have now (Woolworths), but at least I get a few shifts a week and they were quite keen to train us and get us working straight away.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
^ yep i had to travel nearly 2 and a half hours each way (i shit you not) for my induction - granted, this was by public transport which always takes longer, but still. it would have taken me at least 2 hours to drive and i didnt know the area so yeah. never got paid for it. arrrgh. the stupid bitch at the induction made it sound like we'd all be working every day and love it sooooo much and like yeah, totally, y'know? pfffffffft lies.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
my job is better than yours. although i do have to travel 8 hours for an induction :(

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Start tommorrow, paid work experience in the enviro crew at Australia's largest power station. Coal ftmfw!

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
Emergency tutor...
Teaching a K-2 class from 5-7 pm today and tomorrow!
woohoo

nmbookworm

HSC
Well, first i got a job at my local Dominoes. Horrible. They gave me 2 hour shifts and i got paid very low. Worked there for 6 months before i woke up to myself. Now working at McDonalds. Alot better pay and longer hours, the people are great as well. And its great for your resume I've heard. Still, currently pursuing a job at an Aldi's nearby me, even better pay, though I'm afraid the hours wont be as flexible as McDonalds

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Quit my job at Boost to go on a month of holidays. Now I'm back, and I'm terribly poor so I need a new jerb.

Will apply at 2 local clubs and see what comes of it.

lgaica

HSC
going for an interview at Bunnings Artarmon this friday, i used to work at Dominos, and I wouldnt reccomend it to anyone, the hours are shit, and i was working with all these smelly men, managers dump shit on you when u fuk up its a pain

fingers crossed :rolleyes:

kloudsurfer

HSC
I got a Cashier job at a random fruit shop!

Technically im on 'trial' for a week, but apparently they say that to everyone just to weed out the completely incompetent people. They seem to like me so hopefully theyll keep me!

yosemite sam

HSC
I'm a teachers aide in a year 1 class for four mornings a week. Will do for me until my parents open their new business in June. I get to teach devil children how to write their names.

boris2003

HSC
Cleaner
pay - $14.05
hours - 6am to 2.30pm
Days 7 days a week on holidays, when uni starts, its just weekend for me

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Wooo now a Relationship Consultant at Union Fidelity Capital Funding :D

Tu17

Latte addict XD
HSC
woot im now officially working at Bunnings XD lol...

too bad i dont know ANYTHING about hardware :p lucky i work cashier i guess..

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Tu17 said:
woot im now officially working at Bunnings XD lol...

too bad i dont know ANYTHING about hardware :p lucky i work cashier i guess..
Working on the registers at Bunnings is a horrible job. Working on the floor is much better. :)

lgaica

HSC
how much does bunnings pay for an 18 year old?

ps i never heard back after i did that crazy behavioural interview with them

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
lgaica said:
how much does bunnings pay for an 18 year old?

ps i never heard back after i did that crazy behavioural interview with them
Monday through to Saturday = $11.65
Sunday = $14.30

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)