The Official Le Tour De France/Cycling Thread (2 Viewers)

Lentern

HSC
Cadel should seriously change teams if he ever wants to come close to winning again
Oh I don't know, Astana probably won't be around next year and if they are they'll no way be able to keep the same team together. A few others like that and Silent Lotto could make a few valuable scalps.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Imo, probably a battle between Astana and Saxobank this year. I would like to see how Andy Schleck goes this year.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
Oh I don't know, Astana probably won't be around next year and if they are they'll no way be able to keep the same team together. A few others like that and Silent Lotto could make a few valuable scalps.
well didnt silence lotto pick up popovich last year???
he was meant to ride shotgun for cadel all tour but FUCKING FAILED!!!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
And they picked up Bernhand Kohl but he turned out to have used EPO. Same goes with Thomas Dekker.

Is Popovych even racing for Astana in this year's Tour?

Lentern

HSC
well didnt silence lotto pick up popovich last year???
he was meant to ride shotgun for cadel all tour but FUCKING FAILED!!!
So Silent Lotto just have this jinx and if Cadel stays with them he's gonna one day be coming first by a minute entering the final stage when he gets struck by lightning?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Voeckler won last night's stage. Bit surprising, the breakaway group being able to defy the sprinters rushing in.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Evans really needs to have something up his sleeve if he wants a chance at a podium finish.

Lance is keeping in there. Impressive.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Staying at my mom who doesn't have digital TV. Went and found a broken, old digital tv set top box and spent ages fixing it just so I can get SBS2 working tonight to watch the tour :D

C'mon Cadel, you've got to have something up your sleeve!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Should be good tonight... more attacking by Cadel!

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Wow, last night was intense! I did not expect that two man break away to make it. I was rooting for them all the way, good on them, they put in all that effort and they got paid off for it.

Cadel didn't make a move, but I don't think that's a bad thing. He maintained his distance from the overall leader and he didn't push himself too hard, which must be important on the day before the rest day (when your cycle gets all stuffed up). I'm sure he'll make a move on the alps, where as Phil Liggett said, you can gain minutes instead of seconds like you do in the Pyrenees.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Cavendish's 3rd victory, and he beat the God of Thunder again. This guy is freakish! Aversen, who was peaking at the right time and could have assisted Schleck, is out for Saxobank after breaking his collarbone.

And I think Cadel's moved up one spot to 17th? Shall be very interesting to see how this week pans out.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
And I think Cadel's moved up one spot to 17th? Shall be very interesting to see how this week pans out.
Not too sure how though, in stage 10 almost all the riders crossed with the peloton and got the same time :S

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Surprise surprise, Cavendish wins it again.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Surprise surprise, Cavendish wins it again.
That formation team Columbia-HTC got into was just amazing. Such a well drilled team, it's crazy. Always frustrating when the Silence Lotto members keep getting into random, pointless and ineffective breakaways. Be good if they sacrificed themselves for their only real chance at a win - Cadel Evans.

He has to join a new team next year, ffs.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
he's a dickhead anyway tbh
A bit (he's got reason to be though, for being fucked over so much), but my nationalism blinds me in that aspect :p

Anyone else notice how when he talks, it almost always sounds like he's about to cry?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)