The Official Le Tour De France/Cycling Thread (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Minor crash involving Evans, Rogers and Leipheimer. I thought it was a pretty interesting stage with all the minor attacks.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Minor crash involving Evans, Rogers and Leipheimer. I thought it was a pretty interesting stage with all the minor attacks.
They stopped the race though, and Evans wasn't seriously hurt so it's all good :D

pman

Banned
HSC
this years route sucks, with only three mountain top finishes, its pretty crap. they should have finished on top of the tormelé and how can the justify finishing a stage at the Borg D'Óursans, when Le Alp D'huez is just 6km away, I mean, the started the le alp time trial in 05 in borg. Have these people got no brains!

HSC
cadel is the biggest whinger, sure he's got a crap team, but i don't need to hear that every single day, he's got no respect for his teammates and he really needs to move teams
i was gunning for mickey rogers this year as i thought he'd do well, but he keeps crashing, he was leading the tour a couple of years back before he crashed, well he wasn't actually leading but he had a big enough time gap to get the yellow jersey on a mountain stage, something cadel's never done

pman

Banned
HSC
actually, Cadel has one both the yellow and pink jersey (tour de france and Giro de Italia leaders jerseys respectively) after mountain stages. Also, rogers was for many years regarded as australias best hope, Evens, then MTB world cup champion, beat Lance Armstrong in a mountain climb time triial and got picked up to race the tour. The only reason neother of them has one is sheer bad luck!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Can't wait til the Alps stages to be honest, and the stage involving Mount Ventoux. I just don't see Cadel being able to win it this year unless he somehow rightly times a breakaway attack in the mountains next week.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Heinrich Haussler, what a win especially his tactical moves to exploit the descents. And Leipheimer's out of the Tour.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I think Hushovd regained the green jersey from Cavendish after the previous stage. Supposedly Dean and Freire were hit by pellets from an airgun as well.

pman

Banned
HSC
yeah, couldn't beleive they got shot, thats really unusual, all that normally happens is you ride into a spectator. Mind you, sercurity has always been crap along the race route!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Hahaha, Cavendish got disqualified for trying to take Hushovd out. Into the Alps sooon.

Lentern

HSC
This is depressing the way Astana are controlling the race. I'd hoped we were going to see some really exciting struggles against the Astana team from Evans, Sastre, Schleck etc but really who was I kidding. It'll be a victory for the field if someone other than Astana makes the podium.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Is it too premature to say that the Tour's winnar this year has already been decided?

pman

Banned
HSC
Dear SBS,
If you ever go to an add break in the last 10km again, the guy who times the adds will be shot.
Thank you.

I don't think armstrong will beat contador but I'm hoping Tony Martin can white back off schleck

Junga91

HSC
Damn rest days!

They'd probably need it looking at the brutal climbs tomorrow and the day after. Then followed by a 40km time trail then two more mountain stages including Ventoux. The first 2/3 of the race might have been boring in terms of the GC but this last week looks epic!

Can't wait!

Contador looks the man unless he crashes or get caught for doping lol. Just hope my man Andy Schleck can give him a run for his money. Cadel's tour looks to be done this year

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Would be nice to see Robert Gesink in the mountain stages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)