The Official Le Tour De France/Cycling Thread (2 Viewers)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Regardless, he will never win the Tour with the teams put forward by Silence-Lotto. Ever.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
as much as i hate to say it, i think his only chance to win was last year
even in a team strong enough for him to win i doubt he'd be the team leader
i hope he goes for a stage victory in mont ventoux.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Yeah I have to agree... that's what I fear - he had the best opportunities out of all to win last year. Contador can only get better imo, and age is going to catch up with Evans sooner or later (the exception to that, obviously, is Lance).

I hope he does attack and attack on the Mount Ventoux stage!

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
I think that Evans will come off second best in this deal. While his chances of a podium finish are far greater now, people will expect Armstrong to do better than him.

Let me just clarify my above statement that I'm going for Armstrong in the absence of Evans and Leipheimer.
There was no other team he could go with!

It was either join a new team -- and if Armstrong remains the directeur-sportif, the team will stay in action after he re-retires -- or stay with SL... and may or may not be the team leader.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
unsure how this break away will end up, can't see if anyone else from silence lotto is in with cadel.
hope he gets the stage sans help from silence-lotto.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
unsure how this break away will end up, can't see if anyone else from silence lotto is in with cadel.
hope he gets the stage sans help from silence-lotto.
The chase group has been caught and I'm tipping at the pace the peloton is going, the remaining break away group will get caught. Hopefully Evans has enough steam left to keep with any other new break away group to grab a stage win. Unlikely though.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Seems like breakaway groups and Cadel Evans do not go together in this year's Tour.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
How the hell did Cavendish win that.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Contador to dodge drug accusations rest of career lulz

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Ok. This article is bullshit.

1. No other source backs it up.
2. Evans is from the Northern Territory, not Victoria as the article says.
3. The quote: "If Cadel is still on the team, Van den Boeck will be co-leader if not above him", exists only on THAT news site (ozcycling doesn't have it). "If Cadel is still on the team, Van den Boeck will be co-leader if not above him," - Google Search
4. Marc Coucke is the CEO of Omega Pharam. Chances are he doesn't care enough to comment directly about the cycling team his company sponsors.

Not going to do anymore, but it's bullshit (maybe journo making stuff up...)

Last edited:

pman

Banned
HSC
He won't be domestique, He will be joint leader with armstrong according to bruyneil

pman

Banned
HSC
Ok. This article is bullshit.

1. No other source backs it up.
2. Evans is from the Northern Territory, not Victoria as the article says.
3. The quote: "If Cadel is still on the team, Van den Boeck will be co-leader if not above him", exists only on THAT news site (ozcycling doesn't have it). "If Cadel is still on the team, Van den Boeck will be co-leader if not above him," - Google Search

Not going to do anymore, but it's bullshit (maybe journo making stuff up...)
Fox sports is always speculation, some facts are accurate like the formation of radioshak and santander

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Was good to see Stuart O'Grady helping out with the pace making. This is an interesting stage, pretty sure they'll catch that break away, despite the huge gap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)