• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official PS3 vs. Xbox 360 Thread (2 Viewers)

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
I'm pissed off that xbox gets star ocean 4. Fuck it looks so good.

VanDAmme

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
The PS3's Cell processor is the only console that is powerful enough to run Linux.
ahh but... linux is shit.

argument rendered un-useable

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
uhawww said:
I'm pissed off that xbox gets star ocean 4. Fuck it looks so good.
Really? I have Star Ocean:Till the end of time and it wasnt that great of a game... I'm just waiting patiently for the final fantasies and kingdom hearts to come out. At the moment I'm playing the last remnant and probably after I finish, I'll get a copy of Valkyria Chronicles and my R4 card so I can play the ace attorney games.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
Free Radical has closed: the founder is reopening a new studio thought, from what I understand.

As for the ps3 exclusive developers the guy named:
Sucker punch: who only really develop the Sly games, which are kids' platformers. And have no entries on the ps3.
Naughty dog: again, platformers. The crash franchise sucks these days. Uncharted on the other hand is excellent.
Insomniac: what a surprise: kids platformers. Spyro sucks now and is out on 360 too. R&C is excellent. Resistance is their only non-platformer game and even that isn't great. Best to stick to third party developers
for FPS.
PS3center.net - Story: Update on Free Radical's Situation

Still tentative, but reports are suggesting they'll keep the name get a new backer

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Groucho Marxist said:
MGS4 made me buy a PS3 without any questions asked. Didn't even consider a 360.
lol
i have yet to play an mgs game, apparantly they're really good. I played mgs2 once, or some mgs game, on ps2, at a dentist place. My sister was getting stuff done to her braces, and i was playing, i had no idea where to go or what to do, so i didnt like it, lol.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You don't play an MGS game, you load the game and push buttons to move from one FMV to the next

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Hahahahahha, yeah ive heard of massive fmv's in mgs4, ive even heard that theres a 90min cutscene, though im not sure this is true.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Omie Jay said:
Hahahahahha, yeah ive heard of massive fmv's in mgs4, ive even heard that theres a 90min cutscene, though im not sure this is true.
Just a bullshit rumour that was going around when it came out. But ironically, you'll be watching to somewhere around 90 mins of FMV's anyway if you ever decide to play it.

HSC
Omie Jay said:
lol
i have yet to play an mgs game, apparantly they're really good. I played mgs2 once, or some mgs game, on ps2, at a dentist place. My sister was getting stuff done to her braces, and i was playing, i had no idea where to go or what to do, so i didnt like it, lol.
MGS2 is the worst of them, anyway.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
lol, ok. I cbf'd playin any ps2 ones. Any good mgs for pc? I havnt really heard of any mgs games for pc, if they exist then they must be the extremely old ones, or roms..

HSC
Nah, I strongly suggest looking into MGS3 on the PS2 though... one my favourite games ever made and easily my favourite on the PS2.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Best deal at the moment is to buy a 360 for a third of the price

badquinton304

HSC
tallkid34 said:
Just a bullshit rumour that was going around when it came out. But ironically, you'll be watching to somewhere around 90 mins of FMV's anyway if you ever decide to play it.
Yeah the longest cut scenes were generally about 40 mins off the top of my head. MGS4 is the first game in a long time that has made me feel so involved, there are only two other games that have given me that sort of experience and they are Final Fantasy VII and Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)