• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official QMA Hate Thread (1 Viewer)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
It's not that hard really.
I'm sitting on 9.05/10 for the assessments we've had thus far. I'm still considering whether or not to redo the second quiz, cos I only got 0.75 for that.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
It's not that hard really.
I'm sitting on 9.05/10 for the assessments we've had thus far. I'm still considering whether or not to redo the second quiz, cos I only got 0.75 for that.
Wow congrats Moll. You must have aced your in-class test. What was your in-class test on?? (I'm very curious...;))

Justina

HSC
Is anyone else finding the group assignment confusing? >.<
I hate Excel...

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Wow congrats Moll. You must have aced your in-class test. What was your in-class test on?? (I'm very curious...;))
I can't remember. I think there was one on effective rates, another on present/future values and the otehr escapes me at the moment.
I got 7.5/8 though. Think I topped my class.
Quite happy :D

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
I hate Excel...
Haven't started. Just completed the computer lab booklet. I'm hoping it's simple from that point on...

lol Moll you're so smart :haha:

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
lolol theres a qma hate thread!
i thought the online quiz was really hard!
i go to the monday 11-12 pass class in asb - really good.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
I hate Excel...
Reading it was confusing, but when you do it it feels much easier and smoother, it probably be better if you do the excel booklet up to exercise 3, there's answer in webvista.

But then again I thought of the same thing when doing the tute test, and ended up with 50% =.=, but nonetheless....good luck!

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Reading it was confusing, but when you do it it feels much easier and smoother, it probably be better if you do the excel booklet up to exercise 3, there's answer in webvista.

But then again I thought of the same thing when doing the tute test, and ended up with 50% =.=, but nonetheless....good luck!
omce u get into it, it gets better.
some of the explain it questions tho.......gah!:mad1:

2S1D3

HSC
do you guys reckon 3 unit maths was much harder than qma? ive looked through the lecture booklet and the only hard concept would probably be towards the end of multivariable calculus...

08er

HSC
the concepts in qma arent hard at all. it's just the abstract questions that do your head in

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
what i find hard is figuring out exactly what the question is asking me to do.
i know how to use the formulas, just cant decifer when.

i think its only seems harder than 3u cause we're going to fast

Pace_T

HSC
people always seem to complain about QMA and the organisers probably know how difficult the students are finding it.

why havent they made it easier yet???? poor bastards who want to do business but dont know shit about maths!

08er

HSC
because they want more students to fail = more money

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
because they want more students to fail = more money
No. Because math's is pretty essential if you're pursueing a career in Business.

Not to mention it's pretty simple maths. Instead of ranting on BoS about how hard QMA is (which it isn't), go study QMA.

08er

HSC
No. Because math's is pretty essential if you're pursueing a career in Business.

Not to mention it's pretty simple maths. Instead of ranting on BoS about how hard QMA is (which it isn't), go study QMA.
not really. couple of questions from our in-class test reflect what will never ever be used/asked/required in real life (said my tutor). i cant see how this helps us understand actual financial maths

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
not really. couple of questions from our in-class test reflect what will never ever be used/asked/required in real life (said my tutor). i cant see how this helps us understand actual financial maths
Well application of maths to questions (regardless of the question) tests your knowledge. Real life will test your knowledge and you'll probably have to do things that are inifinitely harder than those questions.

You sound like you're still in highschool "but where will we use this in real life".
THere are many things you won't need to use in real life.. but in the even that you would need to use it, then wouldn't you be glad you learned it? It allows you to build more skills (regardless of how miniscule/little and unrelated they are)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)