The Official Wild Swans thread (1 Viewer)

lil tiger

Detached narrative? Sound kinda weird to me.

My interpretation. I stand on WS having integrity. This is shown in

-common themes, family struggle against political forces, feminist views
-progressive narration- events are in chronological order and people, and there we can see her opinions of the government become more strong as her events past
- bias is total throughout, we expect bias
-value can be obtained of it from different readings (thus all text in a way have textual integrity in some way, can be argued)

flyhigh

how can you say there is common themes given the examples you provide dont even demonstrate that.

btw what do you mean by your last point? values can be obtained from diff readings? isn't because WS has diff readings it has no textual integrity...And isnt different readings contradicting your point on we all expect bias? as we all have diff readings?? and one may not expect bias as they might see the text as historical genre where they would expect objective point of view, instead of subjective

Last edited:

lil tiger

Actually define what u mean by textual integrity first?

SO if a novel is a novel, it has textual integrity? but if it has elements of something else which it shouldn't, it doesn't have textual inte?

Then don't all postmodern text have no inte with their mixing of genres?

Last edited:

flyhigh

i am using the definition from the syllabus : The unity of a textl its coherent use of form and lang. to produce an integrated whole in terms of meaning and value

what definition are u using?

T

timbk2

should i rename this thread the Sefton Wild Swans thread. or are their ppl from other schools in here.

monaro-man

Ramen Raider
HSC
Originally posted by Komaticom
ARGH! My identity! No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah who cares. I guess having "komaticom" written all over my pencil case had something to do with this...

Who are you, flyhigh?
pick me, pick me, I know who he is!!

[cpt ans]

i am all for changing this thread to Sefton Wild Swans...i mean when i started it, "wild swans *pulls out hair* kinda had a tingle to it...now it seems the word sefton is taking over...

SO LETS CHNAGE IT!

and i agree with mel, its amazing wat u miss wen ur away for a week...do any of us have lives...wait, let me answer...no!

im stuffed for english, i just thought id let everyone know...as well, im stuffed for maths, phys and bio and ext eng...maybe not chem (got 3 days to study for it)...but i dun get anything in phys! and chem for that matter...wait, let me add bio to that list!

*frustration boils...vatch takes it off the heat and lets it stand for a minute before adding some lemon zest for a kick* GET IT! man, i should eb focusing on WS...or in my words "Whatta Shit"

neway, study hard, gl luck, and GIVE ME ALL UR NOTES!

sincerely
me

monaro-man

Ramen Raider
HSC
Originally posted by [cpt ans]

SO LETS CHNAGE IT!...
lol, add basic touch-typing to your list of "things to learn" :D

Originally posted by Komaticom

Monaro-man, I choose you, enlighten me on this "flyhigh".
PM sent.

By the way, how long are everyones WS essays? I'm getting about 3 pages and need more quotes....quotes....quotes...

flyhigh

So far. My essay on how/why WS has textual integrity is 1600 words.

Essay on how/why WS has no textual integrity is 1400 words.

Essay on different readings of WS is still in the making, but will probably be less as you can incorporate readings into the textual integrity Q's.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
practise speed writing.. youd be surprised how fast the time goes... all of a sudden the time is gone and you havent touched on your material..

flyhigh

yeah.. my writing speed sucks so much. My time for writing one page is approx. 10min. If i write any faster, my writing becomes illegible so i guess im kinda stuck with writing 4 pages, around 300 words a page.

Any tips on how to improve writing speed? or is it just a matter of practice?

Giant Lobster

HSC
You guys r all worrying about textual integ, what if they ask you something like "Imagine you're <insert vaguely familiar name>" etc.

monaro-man

Ramen Raider
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
You guys r all worrying about textual integ, what if they ask you something like "Imagine you're <insert vaguely familiar name>" etc.
your right, I dont remember half the people in the book, but I doubt such a question would be asked.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
i scanned some notes but can't post them bbecause they are to big - i'm not sure if people have these or not but if u want them, give me ur email or pm me and i'll send them.
Cheers Mel

phungus

HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
Well if they did ask something like that, it should be one of the more prominent figures of the text rite? I doubt they'll ask you to imagine u are some character that has only been mentioned once in the text...

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Originally posted by phungus
Well if they did ask something like that, it should be one of the more prominent figures of the text rite? I doubt they'll ask you to imagine u are some character that has only been mentioned once in the text...
a couple of years ago they asked you to write a feature article based on a conversation b/w de-hong and teh guy that had arrested her in primary school for suspicion of being a communist.

he wasn't a well known character - while you didn't need to know terribly much about him it was importnat to know who he was so they can do that again

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by phungus
Originally posted by MissSavage29
a couple of years ago they asked you to write a feature article based on a conversation b/w de-hong and teh guy that had arrested her in primary school for suspicion of being a communist.

he wasn't a well known character - while you didn't need to know terribly much about him it was importnat to know who he was so they can do that again
yeah im pretty sure they sprung that in a half yearly a couple of years ago... although its more likely to be a main character but you never know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)