The Old Change thread (1 Viewer)

enoilgam

HSC
enoilgam dude you know a lot about coins one might say too much
With collecting, the more you know the better - the first thing you learn when you start collecting is that knowledge is your most important tool and there is so much you need to know (as you can see in this thread, one small difference on a coin can make a massive difference in it's value).

I have some foreign coin that I have nfi where it is from, it is entirely possible it is not actual currency.
I have this coin that has two of the ninja turtles on it.

How much is it worth? And it is definitely a real coin.
Post them.

what are 1946 florins worth
Since it's mostly silver, it's worth around bullion value (about $10) unless it's in high grade, then it may be worth $100 maybe.

Why not?

enoilgam

HSC
because there's no round one there???
The 1966 round 50c is the centrepiece of any 50c collection - it's a must have.

Contrary to popular belief, they arent very rare (like 40 million were made), but since they are silver, they are worth around $10 in average condition. Nearly all dealers are very interested in buying these coins off the public and quite a few people have hoards of them lying around.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

Contrary to popular belief, they arent very rare (like 40 million were made), but since they are silver, they are worth around $10 in average condition. Nearly all dealers are very interested in buying these coins off the public and quite a few people have hoards of them lying around.

since they're from 1966 I'd say they're pretty rare.

starshine02

HSC

Oh I actually think my dad has one! He found it when we were renovating. It was scratched and gross though

enoilgam

HSC
I havent done anything related to numismatics lately (I've missed the last two major auctions) and I kind of miss it, so I'm going to bump this thread. Show us what you have people.

Also, I cant believe that this thread is nine months old.

enoilgam

HSC
Here is another one to look out for, a 2000 Millenium 50c incuse version (pictured on the left). They are worth about $100 if you can find one in good condition.

madharris

HSC
N/A
I found an australian penny from 1920.
Don't think it's worth much though

Thief

!!
HSC
What about old $50 notes? The paper ones. If they're not in pristine condition are they still worth anything more than $50?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I have jack all, besides a lot of coins that differ from the generic ones, which aren't even that old.

enoilgam

HSC
I found an australian penny from 1920.
Don't think it's worth much though
It depends on the condition and the variant - there are three types of 1920 Pennys. Two arent worth much except in high grade, whereas one can fetch $500 in average condition. Post a picture and I'll give you an idea.

What about old $50 notes? The paper ones. If they're not in pristine condition are they still worth anything more than $50?
It depends on the prefix (the three letters before the serial number).

Thief

!!
HSC
It depends on the condition and the varient - there are three types of 1920 Pennys. Two arent worth much except in high grade, whereas one can fetch $500 in average condition. Post a picture and I'll give you an idea.

It depends on the prefix (the three letters before the serial number).
I've got YXQ and YUY.

enoilgam

HSC
It depends on the condition and the variant - there are three types of 1920 Pennys. Two arent worth much except in high grade, whereas one can fetch $500 in average condition. Post a picture and I'll give you an idea.
This is wrong, there are actually eight variants - some are quite rare actually. So now I am curious to see what you have MadHarris.

:(

Thanks anyway!
You win some, you lose some.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Enoil, caz i post a pic of my coins. Most of them (if not all) won't be worth more than face value. brb.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)