The PAU/The Arts Unit Thread: Music (1 Viewer)

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
hey is anyone going the Royal Womens Hospital Ball gig in the town hall next friday or is this just a orchestra concert. apparently we have rehersals all day starting at 9am and finnish at 11pm for a 20minute spot before that. great organisation from the arts unit on this one :p

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
OMG OMG OMG, im in !!!!!! im in!!!! school spec, who else got in!! should have got the yellow envelope by now if you are!!! its annoying how they don't tell you what part your playing yet but im just sooooooooooo happy to be in it, FINNALLY!!!!

Last edited:

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
WELL DONE! congrats tim, thats brilliant. spec is really hard to get into.

i guess you'll be seeing me there along with chepas and glitterfairy (shes dancing) :)

BoS meetup!

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
timyates_87 said:
OMG OMG OMG, im in !!!!!! im in!!!! school spec, who else got in!! should have got the yellow envelope by now if you are!!! its annoying who they don't tell you what part your playing yet but im just sooooooooooo happy to be in it, FINNALLY!!!!
congrats man! you'll have a blast. meanwhile im jealous, i miss getting that exciting big yellow package with all the music and the spec songs on cd and putting it on and listening to them over and over and getting excited!!!

hehe im such a spec nerd. :D

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
SWEET!!!! you get a CD to!!!! wow, woo hoo !!!! i only got the acceptance letter so im still waiting for music and stuff, thats MAD!!!!! im soo excited, i herd theres an after party whats that like??

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
yeah you do, the cd is like the best part!! well, the best part before spec starts. SO much fun. hmmm there never was a real orch afters the last couple of yrs. but spec is just as fun (or MOre) than any afters will be! yay for spec... hmm maybe i'll come watch.. you'll have to let me know how good it is once u start rehearsals!
i miss it =(
maybe theyll send me a spec cd that i can bop along too anyway. hehe i wish

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
ujuphleg said:
WELL DONE! congrats tim, thats brilliant. spec is really hard to get into.

i guess you'll be seeing me there along with chepas and glitterfairy (shes dancing) :)

BoS meetup!
WOW!!!!! a BOS meet up!!!!! lol, will you be tuning me ujuphleg, i hope so!!!, good thing were mates now :p. OMG OMG OMG i can't wait till the 14th November 1st REHERSAL!!!! and then INTENSE rehersals allll week!!! YAY!!!!

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
ez_19 said:
yay! you are so way cool. hehe :D
no worries i'll do that for you if you like :p but how long after the exceptance to you get everything, i hope i have plenty of time to practise it and "groove" to the cool music :D and i herd that there was a after party in some park in the city, i want to get really drunk!!! but im sure the concerts will but me in a big enough hype :D :D :D ahhh i can't WAIT!!!!!!

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
and for all you that didn't get in and you ez_19 this is for you, lol

sozz for the quality, camera phone, but you get the idea :p

Last edited:

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
timyates_87 said:
WOW!!!!! a BOS meet up!!!!! lol, will you be tuning me ujuphleg, i hope so!!!, good thing were mates now :p. OMG OMG OMG i can't wait till the 14th November 1st REHERSAL!!!! and then INTENSE rehersals allll week!!! YAY!!!!
nah, mate unfortunatley i'm not in the orchestra - i didnt even audition cos i never had the time. Eeehee, if i was though and i was tuning you, i'd play it really flat, just once, to get you back for all the mean things you called me. Then we'd be even fair and square.

Chepas and I are going to be in the Choir, so with the same set up as last year, we'll come down and say hi to you i'm sure. :)

Is trumpet_geek doing it to?!

EDIT: 5 PAGES!! wow, this has to be a music forum record... rivalled only by Trumpeters Unite...

Last edited:

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
YAY go trumpeters unite!!! umm trumpet geek im not sure, probably. we can all hug and make up :p GO THE CHOIR!!! GO ORCHESTRA!!! GOOOO SCHOOL SPEC!!!!! YAY!!!

Last edited:

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
vicksta said:
Congrats TIM!!! your THE BEST!!!!
lol, thanx :D

Hey all, whos going to Concert Series 3 on 17/18th November, i think its SWE, SWO and Manly High Concert Band on the 17th and Orchestra and who cares what else on the 18th :p. Orchestra is playing "Poet and Peasant" by Suppe, "Die Fledermaus" by Strauss and Schubert's 7th Symphony 1st Movement!!! really a great program and a great brass section led by yours truely :D Would anyone in SWE like to share what your playing too.

Also a big BOS congrats must also go out to Steph_Eff and Trumpet_Geek who also made i into Schools Spectacular 2004!!! YAY!!

I think that makes 5 BOSers at this years spec!! should be GREAT!!

chepas

HSC
Hey cool - So many people getting good places in Spec. Niice! Congrats tim, trumpet geek and steph :D.

Re: Concert Series. Nice pieces that the Orch is playing. Never have heard Die Fledermaus in a concert hall.... Mmm...... :p

I saw that in the Spec prog. that there is another frigging Evanescence thing - on the CD that was sent to the school teacher leader people anyways - WHY is there more? Last years' was argh enough!

Susan - are you Alto or Sop, so I know in which direction to look. I'll be in Bass...

Last edited:

vicksta

HSC
Hehehe chepas, i so agree with the whole evanescence thing!!! I went to watch last years with my grandparents, and my poor grandma was nearly deafened, cos it was so loud!!

I hope they turn the volume down a bit this time!! What other songs are in spec this year? I know of "How to Explain" by Cat Empire and "Your Can't stop the beat" cos my sister is dancing to them, but im curious to know what else we're all in for!!

Yay!! I'm going to watch!! Not as good as being in it, but still pretty good!

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
huh? Evanescence? As in that gay crappy rock band with that lead singer chick who is a goth wanabe tryhard and she cant sing? Because if its them then yeah their awful who chooses the bloody songs in schools spec? Argh

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Michael, i'm an Alto. :)

Choir songs for this year are:

All Things Just Keep Getting Better (Queer Eye theme)
80's Medley: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Video, 500 Miles, Like About You
Wake Me Up Before you Go GO
Remember
I Surrender
Happy Days
ABC
Dancing In The Street
Masquerade from Phantom of the Opera (I feel SOOOO sorry for the sopranos... NAH?! who am i kidding?)
Zorro
I've Got the Music in Me
The Will to Climb
You Can't Stop the Beat
Unchained Melody
Best Years of Our Lives
You Raise Me Up

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)