The Pay Thread (1 Viewer)

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
New Job: USYD Research Assistant.
Pay: $30/hour + Super.
Pros: Got an office (well shared but hey) and place to dump my stuff so dont need to rent a locker.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
just doing a general review of the forum (lol - i feel like such a mod after only a few hours in the job)

how do people feel about this thread? is it serving a purpose? should it be stickied? are people using for what it is supposed to be used for?

greekgun

HSC
meh, it would b sweet if u could go back to the front of this thread and gather all the data we have on the place of work, age and pay rate u get for that age as it saves alot of people searching through threads to find a specific pay - cuz other wise they just create a new thread asking how much pay they would get at a certain work place for a certain age.

and congrats on the modship

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
meh, it would b sweet if u could go back to the front of this thread and gather all the data we have on the place of work, age and pay rate u get for that age as it saves alot of people searching through threads to find a specific pay - cuz other wise they just create a new thread asking how much pay they would get at a certain work place for a certain age.

and congrats on the modship
yeah, i was thinking of doing this. my only problem is that pay rates generally change every 6 months or so. I was thinking of mebbe instead prefacing the first post with instructions on how people could find pay rates themselves, (through searching thru awards)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yay a decent moderator for employment, congrats townie

and yeah we definitely need something straightforward about how to work out pay...maybe just put a link to that award wage thing (industrial relations website or whatever it is) and sticky the thread?

greekgun

HSC
im confused i thought the thread was already stickied? isnt sticking a thread putting it at the top of the forum section and it stays there constantly?

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys, have updated the first post in this thread, feel free to read and comment if you like.

greekgun

HSC
Nice job townie. But the coles wages are abit confusing 2 me...it doesnt show any rates but large sums of money like under service assistant it says $600 and nothing else.

Edit: would hav repped u but uno "You must spread some reputation before giving it to townie again". looks like its time 4 a rep spree.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Nice job townie. But the coles wages are abit confusing 2 me...it doesnt show any rates but large sums of money like under service assistant it says $600 and nothing else.

Edit: would hav repped u but uno "You must spread some reputation before giving it to townie again". looks like its time 4 a rep spree.
i'm guessing thats the weekly rate so hourly would be divide by 38 hours, but i'll make a note of that in general, thanks

Evolution2006

HSC
hey guys, did anyone see the Notice about Woolworths staffing up the tax for this yr, ive got a Hugh worry, I'm already paying on the lower Tax Than Others, My weekplay is as Follows

Week Pay: $893
Tax: $164

on this notice they said they are paying 2 weeks , which for me is $1787, are they going to take a massive amout of tax or just $164 *2,

Thanks

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
hey guys, did anyone see the Notice about Woolworths staffing up the tax for this yr, ive got a Hugh worry, I'm already paying on the lower Tax Than Others, My weekplay is as Follows

Week Pay: $893
Tax: $164

on this notice they said they are paying 2 weeks , which for me is $1787, are they going to take a massive amout of tax or just $164 *2,

Thanks
they havent stuffed up the tax for this year, from what i understand, there are 53 pay periods next financial year, rather than 52, now because tax is calculated based on a 52 week year, it means ur short (possibly) by one week of tax. to counter this, u can CHOOSE to have an additional amount of tax taken out EVERY WEEK, in your case, $3.15 per week would be a good amount.

cassieagill

HSC
im 17 work in retail part-time, been working at my store for over a year, get $8.50 an hour, anyone else think im getting ripped off?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)