the people who live around us are povos :( (1 Viewer)

cassiecocaine

HSC
My two cents... catching buses with the "variety" of people of Mayfield is a new concept to me, coming from somewhere like Nelson Bay.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Callaghan is a suburb, for arguments sake, but it really is just the uni. It was silly to include it - bit of a 'dah' moment..

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Newcastle in general is povo. Catch public transport or go to centrelink and you will find out first hand.

HSC
i had the impression that callaghan was a lot bigger than the uni and its couple of surrounding blocks :S

numerically, sydney would probably have more hobos, but percentage wise...probably not.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i had the impression that callaghan was a lot bigger than the uni and its couple of surrounding blocks :S

numerically, sydney would probably have more hobos, but percentage wise...probably not.
Nop. Callaghan is the uni. All else is Birmingham Gardens, Jesmond, Waratah, Mayfield..uh..Warabrook..Shortland..that'd be it I think.

DanHickm

HSC
So basically the title of this thread should be renamed to "uni students are povos" or more simply "we are povos". :p

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
basically whoever did the study didnt specify that this suburb is actually jsut a uni campus and would skew results ever so slightly

zaxmacks

HSC
basically whoever did the study didnt specify that this suburb is actually jsut a uni campus and would skew results ever so slightly
"Callaghan is the area covering the student halls of residence at NSW's University of Newcastle. The average income is just over $27,000."

Seems like they did specify.

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
m8 i didnt read the thing ok

Edit: should have said, the new.com article i read didnt specify so that all the bogans would be like ogm callaghan is poorer than us LOL

zaxmacks

HSC
m8 i didnt read the thing ok

Edit: should have said, the new.com article i read didnt specify so that all the bogans would be like ogm callaghan is poorer than us LOL
Shouldn't make comments about it then, m8.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)